Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343428 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2015, 03:29:38 PM »
@Shiranui: :o  the team names are whats bugging you? Ikari warriors used to be team brazil lol

No, is not the names. Is how weird is everything. Too random I would say. Many new characters, missing ones, teams that don't make sense.. Sorry, I can't explain myself better. But this suposed roster doesn't convince me at all. For now. Let's see how all goes and all those new faces and I'll judge when the product is finished. As I said, looks like my favourites ones are in it, so I won't complain :D
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »
I'm also going to reserve my judgement, but for now, all the best SNKP make it a good one X)

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2015, 06:51:29 PM »
@Shiranui: I first didn't say it, but the alternate world team makes me as worried as you. As for the rest, I like the leaked roster because it's insanely varied, it takes the "dream match shuffl"e -eg. 2002UM Jhun-Lin-Shingo team- to the extreme. It's all probably a chinese fan's wild fantasy though, IMO. Do you remember the fake OG 2002 roster? It sounded vaguely similar.

@GL: I forgot to say it yesterday, but "doesn't play like MI" sounds so great. I'm not a MI hater, but I also think gameplay in the main series needs to stay fully 2D. So, fuck yeah!!
Ore no...kachi da!!

Arisal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »
If the leak is true then this KOF roster will be the worst roster a canonical KOF ever had. I would prefered Chizuru instead of Alice and an Agent Team with Mary, Ramon and Vanessa, instead of Mexico Team. It's stupid to have country names teams and no-country names teams. Kim's team looks too forced and pretty absurd. Nakoruru and pachinko girls team is a mess that will make people see this KOF as a joke.

But anyway, as long as I have Mai, King and Mature and some classic teams to recognize it as a KOF, it's fine to me.

So many lies in this

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2015, 10:23:46 PM »
If the leak is true then this KOF roster will be the worst roster a canonical KOF ever had. I would prefered Chizuru instead of Alice and an Agent Team with Mary, Ramon and Vanessa, instead of Mexico Team. It's stupid to have country names teams and no-country names teams. Kim's team looks too forced and pretty absurd. Nakoruru and pachinko girls team is a mess that will make people see this KOF as a joke.

But anyway, as long as I have Mai, King and Mature and some classic teams to recognize it as a KOF, it's fine to me.

So many lies in this

It's an opinion, i don't think it represents the truth or falsehood^^

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2015, 11:04:14 PM »
@TheGoodLoser; Sure it does, the world is black and white and every opinion is fact. That's why we fight differing opinions tooth and claw. We can't have paradoxes running wild on us just because someone goes around thinking on their own. That's irresponsible and dangerous!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2015, 11:23:55 PM »
@TheGoodLoser; Sure it does, the world is black and white and every opinion is fact. That's why we fight differing opinions tooth and claw. We can't have paradoxes running wild on us just because someone goes around thinking on their own. That's irresponsible and dangerous!
would certainly explain a lot X)

Arisal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2015, 01:01:44 AM »

So many lies in this

Lol obviously it was an opinion

But still, the cast is by far not the worse in KOF.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2015, 01:31:59 AM »

So many lies in this

I would advise people to be respectful of other peoples opinions and to not get salty when they don't reflect or mirror your own sentiments or views. If you disagree, it's okay to just walk away or not post if you feel triggered to react.

-desmond
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2015, 05:59:39 AM »
Which KoF had the worst roster? I don't ever remember the roster being the issue for any installment...

I can't even stand a roster that has more than 15% kawaii trash and yet unlike many fighters KoF has never broken that rule.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:23:31 AM by TrueOrochi »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2015, 02:23:14 PM »
Are there any restrictions or prohibitions to recording games footage at PlayStation Experience? It's the first time I hear of this event -and I remember reading somewhere it's the first time Sony is promoting it this much-, so I know nothing about it ^^; I hope they have a relaxed policy of course, so that we get as many decent KOFXIV videos as possible.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2015, 07:56:30 PM »
Which KoF had the worst roster? I don't ever remember the roster being the issue for any installment...

I can't even stand a roster that has more than 15% kawaii trash and yet unlike many fighters KoF has never broken that rule.

I would say 99 by a .00000000000000000000001 margin for the fact that the two main stables were hidden at the start of it's game release.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:58:20 PM by Amedø310 »

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2015, 09:01:03 PM »
Hey, at least you got to unlock em or play it on consoles or stuff. '99 brought K', Whip, Jhun, and Maxima so I'm not complaining lol.

Hard to say which the "worst roster" was in KoF though. '94 or XII maybe?

Anyways who's hyped for this weekend?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2015, 09:15:48 PM »
I sure am X) also 94 can't be blamed since it's the first anyway

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2015, 09:29:50 PM »
@Yasakani: me :D I was just logging in to ask what are your expectations, feelings, predictions for KOFXIV's first playable outing.

My rational expectations are very low, the game's gonna get a very negative reception from general public because of the graphics and that's it, but if it has solid gameplay, some praise will come, at least from KOF focused communities :D

I don't expect more than 6 playable chars, kinda like the XBox360 demo of KOFXIII, but no complete teams this time -I remember that demo had K' Team and Fatal Fury Team, right?- since 5 of the 6 characters will obviously be the revealed ones. Stages? Just those two from the teasers.

Lastly, I think a new trailer composed of both old and new scenes will be unveiled, and it also will serve as a WIP opening for the demo.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:30:27 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!