Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343481 times)

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2015, 02:19:42 AM »
I would say 99 by a .00000000000000000000001 margin for the fact that the two main stables were hidden at the start of it's game release.

But they were added back in and the final build had them unlockable by built-in cheat...

Also, I may abhor 2001 with every fiber of my being, but even in that installment the roster is decent.

Hard to say which the "worst roster" was in KoF though. '94 or XII maybe?

Anyways who's hyped for this weekend?
KoF '94 brought Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting together, and that can never be bad.

XII's roster is small but functional. The roster is the least of its problems...

I am looking forward to more news on KoF XIV!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:31:34 AM by TrueOrochi »

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2015, 02:27:37 AM »
I would think that since the teaser trailers are done we should get longer trailers. Honestly I don't really have an expectation. So anything given is new to me. I think the demo will have 4 characters available and two stages available no teams just 1vs1. Andy did not look ready in that trailer.

I betting on a new stage reveal that is not a arena, and a character announcement.
We will get to see the character portraits.
Maybe more refine animation
Characters move list

Since kof xiv is using a lot of assets from xiii, kyo max DM looks like the one ex kyo got same thing Iori its the same as claw iori with a fancy camera view.

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2015, 02:33:37 AM »
You are right about Andy and Leona may also be in the same boat.

We are still being shown in-development snapshots.

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2015, 02:53:26 AM »
Leona was revealed along with Chang in the second trailer, and for the most part we saw more of her then chang. I am certain that her and the other 3 are ready to be shown. It would be lame if only kyo and iori were the only two.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2015, 02:58:38 AM »
I would say 99 by a .00000000000000000000001 margin for the fact that the two main stables were hidden at the start of it's game release.

But they were added back in and the final build had them unlockable by built-in cheat...

I know, but can you imagine playing the day one build? No Iori on select screen.... Like hell froze over and brought everyone in it. Damn, I wish the internet was popular during the time.

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2015, 03:01:16 AM »
I have news from Twitter that there was a "closed door" test with a chosen few people, with only Iori, Kyo and Chang playable. PSX will likely have more. "Doesn't play like MI".

The in-development part is based on this post and some text under a picture in the PSX pdf on the official website.

I know, but can you imagine playing the day one build? No Iori on select screen.... Like hell froze over and brought everyone in it. Damn, I wish the internet was popular during the time.

Iori is an icon, but I think they had too many generic school boys in '99. The game still needed some time in the oven, but is still has my favorite presentation and movement system in the franchise.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:05:12 AM by TrueOrochi »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2015, 03:12:44 AM »
Iori is an icon, but I think they had too many generic school boys in '99. The game still needed some time in the oven, but is still has my favorite presentation and movement system in the franchise.

True. The evade system in 99 seems like the fusion of dodge and roll, which I appreciate from SNK. Also, the arcade mode with K' team was a neat surprise. Having only him to fight Krizalid for one round only is my favorite part in the game.

Arisal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2015, 05:38:26 AM »
Which KoF had the worst roster? I don't ever remember the roster being the issue for any installment...

I can't even stand a roster that has more than 15% kawaii trash and yet unlike many fighters KoF has never broken that rule.

Just because a character is kawaii doesn't make them trash.

Not every character has to be a generic big buff dudebro alpha male.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:41:16 AM by Arisal »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »

Characters can challenge the norm, that's good imo. But to me it gets annoying if they stray too far. Characters that look like kids for example or characters like Chris and the little girl from rage of the dragons that look horribly stiff and have that "i just don't care" look can really hurt games for me. They become asides that i have to deal with. I understand that others might like them, but i'd much rather have a character that looks like he/she belongs or even no character instead.

Worst roster might be 11 or 2k2um. 11 because it has a lot of crappy characters in it. 2k2um because of its big roster that does include a good deal of crap aswell.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2015, 02:22:12 PM »
I guess the PSX demo will have the 5 characters announced playable, because the 3rd trailer was called PSX Promo Trailer. And I think it will be 3 vs 3. I'm expecting the two stages shown and probably no more than this.
I'm looking forward some reports talking about the gameplay, mechanics, how the game feels, how similar or different is from XIII, movesets and some images and videos. I would like to see artworks and portraits, introductions, win poses, etc. but I'm not sure if all this will be ready to be shown. The game seems to be in a very first pre-alpha version so I'm not expecting too much of this PSX demo, just a first approach the game basics.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2015, 02:59:47 PM »
As much as I hope a sixth char is revealed today, I find your prediction sensible, so I wouldn't get salty if no new char is in the demo xD Let's just hope it already plays REALLY well. And that we gets a lot of videos :D

Since KOF2000 was announced as one of the first wave PS2 titles to come to PS4, do you think Sony's "support" to SNKP and KOFXIV is gonna be extensive? I'm not getting my hopes high, but I think the "KOFXIV (maybe timed?) PS4 exclusive + KOF2000 soon on PS4" combo could be hinting at a not so shallow partnership...
Ore no...kachi da!!

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2015, 05:19:39 PM »
An announcement from their Facebook page.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
We've arrived at PlayStation®Experience 2015 in San Francisco! Please be sure to visit our booth (No.1151/1152) from tomorrow in order to get your hands on KOF XIV for the first time!

「PlayStation®Experience 2015」の会場に到着!明日よりSNKプレイモアブース(No.1151/1152)にてKOF XIVのプレイアブルを初出展いたします!ご期待ください

Link: https://www.facebook.com/K0FW0RLD

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2015, 05:57:57 PM »
Good stuff, from a strictly emotional point of view. I can't wait. I know I'm gonna appreciate whatever I see. That's a crazy KOF fanboy for you xD
[spoiler]I'm secretly confident gameplay is on par with KOFXIII LOL[/spoiler]
Ore no...kachi da!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2015, 06:06:35 PM »
I have news from Twitter that there was a "closed door" test with a chosen few people, with only Iori, Kyo and Chang playable. PSX will likely have more. "Doesn't play like MI".

The in-development part is based on this post and some text under a picture in the PSX pdf on the official website.

I literally mean someone from my twitter feed participated in it a day before i posted that, not the pdf lol

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »

There is a difference between characters that are cute and can fight and those that make people cringe with their nonsensical nature or trope. In small quantities they are tolerable, but in large quantities they are despicable. They are bad apples and if they are around the rest they spoil the bunch. There is a reason you never see that trash associated with real martial arts.

For example:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yJGgrgbppPc/hqdefault.jpg
vs
http://museo.rockmanlabs.com/Season1/perfiles/Bao4.gif

http://brazilmugenteam.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/yuri_xi01.jpg
vs
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/y6rHxbiKnTY/hqdefault.jpg