Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343283 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2015, 09:07:12 AM »
XDZW is cancelled.

Actually, that was a prank for the Latin American equivalent of April Fools  :(

Not that I actually believed it since there was no source...

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 29, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »
XDZW is cancelled.

Actually, that was a prank for the Latin American equivalent of April Fools  :(

Not that I actually believed it since there was no source...

You're right. I still would not mind if some of the new characters play like a select few from XDZW.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 29, 2015, 06:52:29 PM »
As for the Ralf issue, we don't know how much of these screen shots represent final texturing. His skin didn't really look fully textured. Also, I was always under the impression that he was Brazilian-American (basically born in the US but of Brazilian heritage). I mean, there had to be some reason the Ikari Warriors were associated with Brazil in KoF94...

Not necessarily. Half the teams in '94 were associated with countries that had nothing to do with them.

Of course, by '96 they had Leona, an actual Brazilian, so that's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy right there.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 04, 2016, 03:09:48 PM »
Some Korean site says KOFXIV release date could be announced at Taipei Game Show -from 1/29 to 2/2-, where a new playable demo will be revealed...could it be the beginning of a countinued promotion where SNKP reveals characters on a weekly basis on the official game site? (given their reveal plan is the same as KOFXIII)

On a different note, after PSE I forgot to share some thoughts about Kyo's Yaegaki Climax. It's a variation of Saisyu's Mu Shiki IIRC, but I'm a bit disappointed at how scarce its flame effects are compared to his father's version...do you think SNKP will make it flashier in development? Besides, do you think Kyo using a technique similar to his father's could be a sign that he's maturing as a fighter?
Ore no...kachi da!!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 04, 2016, 05:54:26 PM »
On a different note, after PSE I forgot to share some thoughts about Kyo's Yaegaki Climax. It's a variation of Saisyu's Mu Shiki IIRC, but I'm a bit disappointed at how scarce its flame effects are compared to his father's version...do you think SNKP will make it flashier in development? Besides, do you think Kyo using a technique similar to his father's could be a sign that he's maturing as a fighter?

I think you're right, that did look like Saishu's SDM Mu shiki from 98. The fire effects could still be under development, but it doesn't look too bad as is to me, I just hope I like the look of it if it does get flashier.

And as a sign of maturity, that's a maybe. Kyo, even by KOF standards, let alone FG standards in-general, has gone through a lot of modifications of his own style, so to me it's more a sign of SNK keeping is style fresh in some way. I'll start to truly believe he's maturing/becoming more like Saishu when I see him use more of his old man's moves.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »
Some Korean site says KOFXIV release date could be announced at Taipei Game Show -from 1/29 to 2/2-, where a new playable demo will be revealed...could it be the beginning of a countinued promotion where SNKP reveals characters on a weekly basis on the official game site? (given their reveal plan is the same as KOFXIII)

When Kyo's climax finishes the round it looks way better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOX0jhCcS38

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2016, 02:28:46 PM »
When I was first saw the teaser trailer for this game, I didn't know what to think. "Main KOF game in 3D?! Pfff..." I didn't think game looked that bad, I actually liked how clean it looked, compared to Street Fighter V, which looks horrible in my opinion. But it sure didn't look like PlayStation 2 game, like YouTube's comment section says. I can understand why SNK goes with 3D instead of 2D, but it sure is sad to think that KOF XIII was like "end of an era" of 2D roots. Probably also last "true 2D-fighting game" also, when it comes to AAA-fighting games.

I've heard that game will be "simplified". What this means, I don't know. Maybe mechanics are more simplified? I thought that XIII had more 2002 in it's genes, which made combos bit difficult to pull off. Compared to my favorite KOF, XI, basic combos were easy to pull off. Too bad XIV won't have tag system of XI, it really spiced things up in my opinion.

I hope that character roster would be more exciting. XIII had kind of a lame roster. I think XI had most varied roster of entire series and it really felt like crossover at the same time.

I've watched some videos and I have to ask, does XIV have male or female announcer?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2016, 08:40:07 PM »

I've watched some videos and I have to ask, does XIV have male or female announcer?

They have both announcers. At least it's not like SFIV where they have in game commentary.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 08:42:00 PM by videoman190 »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »
@solidshark: I think it depends on whether SNKP has any intentions of including Saisyu as a playable character in some future KOF. If that's the case, Kyo will stick on his own variation.

@Good Loser: I haven't seen any footage of Kyo hitting with a Yaegaki without winning a round, do you happen to have a link handy?

@Custle: what do you mean by "simplified"? Autocombos and (supposedly) 100% combos not being the norm anymore? Also, at long last, somebody who -like me- didn't completely displease KOFXIV's graphics even after the first teaser x'D Videoman beat me to the announcers stuff, and I'd like to add I had the impression both announcers speak a line together at least once in the demo...or was it just a weird coincidence of two perfectly synchronized matches on different screens? x'D
Ore no...kachi da!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2016, 09:53:06 AM »

@Good Loser: I haven't seen any footage of Kyo hitting with a Yaegaki without winning a round, do you happen to have a link handy?

Here's one on Block

It's not labled on any climax moves in youtube so I'll have to view through all the gameplay's from PSX to find it lol

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »
@Custle: what do you mean by "simplified"? Autocombos and (supposedly) 100% combos not being the norm anymore? Also, at long last, somebody who -like me- didn't completely displease KOFXIV's graphics even after the first teaser x'D Videoman beat me to the announcers stuff, and I'd like to add I had the impression both announcers speak a line together at least once in the demo...or was it just a weird coincidence of two perfectly synchronized matches on different screens? x'D
Not necessary simplified, more like easier to play. Like easy to learn, hard to master. I think that newcomers of the might be bit overwhelmed when they hear all of the technical details of how the game works. When I played KOF(2002) for the first time, was it five or six years ago, I didn't look up anything about how the game works. I just enjoyed the fact I could actually move in this game. Later I read about things and I was bit shocked how deep the game can be, but it didn't really bother me. I just enjoyed the basic gameplay and I still do.

I guess I'm a person who focuses on asthetics and presentation, so having good announcer is quite important. My favorites are from 98UM and XI. XI has that energetic lady and 98UM has quite enjoyable too. I especially like in 98UM, when you enter the character select screen and she shouts "THE KING OF FIGHTERS!" and that music starts playing. That was the point I really started liking the series to be honest :)

If announcer is a man, they are usually quite boring. I guess XIV's is not that bad, but the lady sounds so much better.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2016, 07:10:51 PM »
@Good Loser: I've already seen the blocked Yaegaki, thank you anyway :D

@Custle: that's the norm for fighting games, their depth is insane (I'm just getting started diving into the depths of fighting games after years of playing them in a shallow way BTW). I like KOF's female announcers better too, for example I found the KOFXII announcer fantastic and I was a bit disappointed when they changed it in XIII.
Ore no...kachi da!!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2016, 06:07:28 AM »
Just some random stuff, but saw an Orochinagi article about KOFXIV possibly connecting with its roots, going back to '94 - http://www.orochinagi.com/2016/01/20-year-old-translation-reveals-how-kofxiv-is-really-going-back-to-its-roots

It'll be interesting if the leaked roster makes some of that true.

Even more off-hand, there might be talk of doing more work with the IP, including an(other) animation, at least that's what I get through some of the (Google) translation off this page - http://games.qq.com/a/20160108/058980.htm

But back to KOF XIV mainly, what do you guys hope to see at the Taipei showing later this month? I'm really hoping to see how Angel plays.

"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2016, 06:06:11 PM »
I don't want to be too greedy, but I'd like to see more character reveals! (Naturally they should focus on the quality rather than quantity so take it step by step at your own pace SNK  ;) )

I'd also like to know what's up with Billy and if those colors on his bandanna (or on his leg) are supposed to resemble a flag or just represent his usual red blue white color palette? And of course the awaited release date (maybe even... if they plan on bringing it to the pc one day XO )

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2016, 07:23:07 PM »
Even more off-hand, there might be talk of doing more work with the IP, including an(other) animation, at least that's what I get through some of the (Google) translation off this page - http://games.qq.com/a/20160108/058980.htm

But back to KOF XIV mainly, what do you guys hope to see at the Taipei showing later this month? I'm really hoping to see how Angel plays.
With the Zillion art in the showing in the article, I'm pretty excited for some reason. The Chinese studio have a basic template draw from and I want to see the zillion guys' take on KOFXIII in the far future, if they reach that far. It was cool how Nameless was included in the KOF XII comics. Also, I wonder if some there will xdzw cameos  to promote that game as well.

I'm excited for the live action series too. Many of there live action shows are pretty great. If the series receive  the same quality as "Three Kingdoms", then I'm all in.

As for the Taipei show, I want to see how Billy plays, maybe some graphical improvement, and more character reveals.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:44:10 PM by Amedø310 »