Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 346786 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2016, 09:11:48 PM »
But back to KOF XIV mainly, what do you guys hope to see at the Taipei showing later this month? I'm really hoping to see how Angel plays.

Character reveal list or a teaser & a few combo trailers showing what larger combos will look like  :)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »
Even more off-hand, there might be talk of doing more work with the IP, including an(other) animation, at least that's what I get through some of the (Google) translation off this page - http://games.qq.com/a/20160108/058980.htm

Yup.

http://www.orochinagi.com/2016/01/new-kof-anime-tv-series

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2016, 12:37:09 PM »
But back to KOF XIV mainly, what do you guys hope to see at the Taipei showing later this month?
I would like to see Mai Shiranui. But to be honest I'm only expecting to see characters we saw in the last trailer playable. So, I'm interested mainly in King.
I hope to see graphical improves as well, and some new stage.

Looks like we could have a release date reveal
https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/683856285586989059

Can't wait for next week!
Do you think we are going to have a new trailer or new website info? That could be cool.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2016, 01:51:44 PM »
But back to KOF XIV mainly, what do you guys hope to see at the Taipei showing later this month?
More character reveals. I really hope that roster would be more exciting than in XIII. I wish it would be more like in XI (ditching popular characters, add more obscure), but I doubt this will happen.

Looks like we could have a release date reveal
https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/683856285586989059

Can't wait for next week!
Do you think we are going to have a new trailer or new website info? That could be cool.

Based on what we've seen, I think the trailers will be bit same as earlier ones (same base, switch gameplay bits).

I wonder how they managed to fit Angel in the roster? Is the story some sort of NESTS Saga 2- Electric Boogaloo?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »
More character reveals. I really hope that roster would be more exciting than in XIII. I wish it would be more like in XI (ditching popular characters, add more obscure), but I doubt this will happen.
I like to see new faces or returning ones as well, but at same time I think old franchises like KOF, SF, MK, SC, etc. are nothing without their trademark characters. Everybody has their own favourites, but i think some are just too classic to be removed. So, I think a good formula is to keep classic ones and put new faces and some returning characters that have been absent for a while. And if we belive that leaked roster rumor, well, looks like is exactly what they did. Classic ones + new faces + characters from other KOFs (some very popular, like Angel).

Based on what we've seen, I think the trailers will be bit same as earlier ones (same base, switch gameplay bits).

I wonder how they managed to fit Angel in the roster? Is the story some sort of NESTS Saga 2- Electric Boogaloo?
Maybe she is just participating in KOF, without being envolved to plot's story, as many other participants do.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:18:32 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2016, 09:57:29 PM »
Taiwan Games Show is coming up shortly. If anyone is going I'd like to ask that you test a few things if you have the opportunity:

1)Check if a CD will wall splat if done mid combo IE Leona St.D, BC, CD.
2)Check if Rush (the mash A easy combo) is BC cancelable.
3)Check EX move properties in general IE Does Chang's EX command throw allow for juggles afterwards? or is it super cancelable? etc. etc.

Thanks ahead of time if anyone decides to check any of these.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »
I feel ya otto, also i'd be interested if they adjusted the just guard and also if the wall splatt if done from entirely other side of the screen, still happens or if it doesn't wall splatt.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »
If just defence makes it in, hopefully you can do the cancels into special moves from a successful just defence.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2016, 02:01:26 AM »
To my knowledge the wall splat happens on St. CD to grounded opponent, regardless of distance to corner or screen edge. The animation looks like wire hits from XI but completely horizontal rather than angled slightly up. Also https://youtu.be/OPalvVq9URU shows the screen scroll further back after Kula hits the wall so it's likely like XI wires but leaves the opponent in a crumple state for follow ups.

Of the three things I asked I'm most interested in the first, it would potentially make wall to wall combos much easier and reverse back to the wall situations with good reads and some meter.

That isn't to say the others aren't important. Linking a Cr. B to a St. A is pretty common so rush may become a great tool for confirms into BC combos. Take previous versions of Ryo for example, in many games he's able to do Cr. B, Cr. B, St. A combo, if rush is BC Cancelable he potentially has a 5 hit confirm to Max mode combos. That could be a way to ease newer players to other more powerful combos as the two extra confirm hits are likely to scale the combo damage.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2016, 09:39:50 AM »
If just defence makes it in, hopefully you can do the cancels into special moves from a successful just defence.

Earlier posts said just defense doesn't have a frame advantage, but they are not 100% sold on leaving it like that.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2016, 11:18:25 AM »

Earlier posts said just defense doesn't have a frame advantage, but they are not 100% sold on leaving it like that.

Yeah I remember in one of the interviews they said they were incorporating just defence through trial and error. This is because the team doesn't have the experience with programming in 3d.

It would be cool to add the full mark of the wolves just defence programming to kof XIV. Think of the deph the game would have.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »
Quote from: shinefist link=topic=3490.msg71131#msg71131
Yeah I remember in one of the interviews they said they were incorporating just defence through trial and error. This is because the team doesn't have the experience with programming in 3d.

It would be cool to add the full mark of the wolves just defence programming to kof XIV. Think of the deph the game would have.

No, their inexperience with 3D has nothing to do with their approach to JD. They are just being careful because making the mechanic too powerful interferes with the pacing of matches and encourages guessing.

Allowing to punish via a guard cancel like in Garou, or via frame advantage like in 3rd Strike, would be a very bad idea in a game like KOF.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2016, 05:58:01 PM »

No, their inexperience with 3D has nothing to do with their approach to JD. They are just being careful because making the mechanic too powerful interferes with the pacing of matches and encourages guessing.

Allowing to punish via a guard cancel like in Garou, or via frame advantage like in 3rd Strike, would be a very bad idea in a game like KOF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl4zPQojQ14

lol

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »

lol

?

Ryo's parry is very limited compared to a Garou JD or a 3rd Strike parry, its start up frames alone make it irrelevant to the conversation.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2016, 06:46:07 PM »

lol

?

Ryo's parry is very limited compared to a Garou JD or a 3rd Strike parry, its start up frames alone make it irrelevant to the conversation.

congratz to 1k posts!

Well if they implemented it like Ryo's then there would be no problem i thought