Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343439 times)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #480 on: February 19, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 19, 2016, 04:00:43 PM »

Thanks for the post, loving the simple and light user interface they are using this time!

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 19, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »
No air venom strike for king :(...  Billy has two multipart special moves too, one is hcf+p, qcf+p, but what is the other!

Roberts special moves look the same as his XIII incarnation. I wonder if his command attacks are like 02 or XIII.

If we don't get a stream in Hong Kong that's fine as long as we can see some gameplay.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 19, 2016, 05:00:09 PM »
I can certainly appreciate SNK for going with clean look. Menus are easy on the eyes. I guess the trend is having a clean UI nowdays.

No air Venom Strike... Too bad, at least 2003/XI style Venom Strike variations would've been nice, but you can't get everything you wish for.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 19, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »
New videos thanks to penpen35

https://www.YouTube.com/user/penpen35/videos

Many thanks man.

That answers my Robert question lol he has modified 02 style command moves I think in vid 1

Max activation doesn't freeze game now
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:37:11 PM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 19, 2016, 07:00:28 PM »
I wonder what super King was trying to do at one point. One thing noticed that projectile effects in this game are damn huge! Robert's Ryugekiken was bigger than XIII equivalent.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 19, 2016, 07:22:28 PM »
I wonder what super King was trying to do at one point. One thing noticed that projectile effects in this game are damn huge! Robert's Ryugekiken was bigger than XIII equivalent.

The person who uploaded the videos said that King's new super is her qcbx2+K super from KOF98.

He said she doesn't have an air fireball anymore but she can still combo into her slide from light kicks like in XIII.

And yeah, dat Robert fireball. His XIII version was way smaller.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:24:04 PM by Diavle »

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 19, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
No way, Bloom has Robert's '96 supers, King seems to have her best tools at her disposal, and everything flows even better than the trailers.

Thank you for the link!

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2016, 07:53:59 PM »
I'm bit disapointed that there wasn't much Billy action, other than back dashing. XIII Billy felt bit unfinished for my taste and the fact he had his original painterboy outfit was real let down.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2016, 08:11:40 PM »
According to the movelist Billy's arsenal has definitely been expanded.

In XIV he has the XIII moveset but with more specials, command normals and supers on top.

I really like his XIV outfit.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 19, 2016, 10:23:44 PM »
Thanks for linking the videos shinefist. Really like what I'm seeing. I feel like everyone's projectiles being bigger than in XIII is promoting more of a ground game, or not trying to hop/jump over them so much. Noticing the animations more and more. Between Robert, King, and Billy, I can't tell who's gameplay I liked more thus far. It was a beginner's-level play, but they all looked really good. I really can't wait to see what moderate-level or higher play of these characters looks like.

And yeah, Max activation doesn't momentarily freeze the game anymore. I was ok with it before, but it will certainly help things move faster if they keep it this way.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 20, 2016, 12:35:10 AM »
Yeah I agree solidshark. The gameplay isn't great but at least it's something. I bet these are the finished moves list for the final version also.

Don't forget the players where not experienced enough and will make the characters seem stiff and awkward. I don't think anyone pulled an ex move off or a climax.

Hoping for atleast another vid from other sources tomorrow, penpen35 did mention in one of his videos that he isn't attending day 2 or 3.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:53:07 AM by shinefist »

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 20, 2016, 01:14:07 AM »
Don't forget the players where not experienced enough and will make the characters seem stiff and awkward. I don't think anyone pulled an ex move off or a climax.

Hoping for atleast another vid from other sources tomorrow, penpen35 did mention in one of his videos that he isn't attending day 2 or 3.

Well to be fair EX only in Max mode is not intuitive, so I can understand people not using them (as much as I wish they would). I honestly believe I'm likely to struggle with that aspect for at least a day after getting my hands on this game myself.

Regarding the move sets of the added characters; I like Robert's current mix of past iterations, King's movelist seems sparse but workable, and I'm curious about Billy's air command move as well as his hcf + AC as it was listed as a move on it's own rather than just having hcf + A/C EX on the move list (The followup for that move has something about EX in the move list as well).

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 20, 2016, 06:12:46 AM »
I have no problems with the way the game looks (PS2 Tekken wotever)..
My issue is the speed, it seems very stiff and slow, sluggish even..
I saw someone do Robert f+A, it look so slow u can see it a mile off..
also Im not a fan of the contact sounds.. sounds like u hitting a empty box.. makes the moves
feel light..
Also the game look pretty strict, doesnt look combo friendly, I can see new players
been put off after a week..

Lets see how future updates go, but speed issue needs addressing..

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 20, 2016, 06:21:03 AM »
I find the EX moves + Max Mode implementation pretty interesting actually.

A pretty smart compromise between having EX moves and yet at the same time preserving the EX move-less style of KOFs before XIII.