Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343369 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #750 on: March 24, 2016, 03:05:17 PM »
And apparently 20 characters will be playable at KSB2016

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/712977902397067264
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 24, 2016, 05:03:31 PM »
SNK going nuts with info release.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 24, 2016, 06:27:26 PM »
20 is a decent amount to be on display. Wonder if it will be the 20 characters they have shown already that are going to be usable.

New trailer is out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g4RsWSeLVyM

Suprise lol

Shiranui you beat my by about 30 seconds lol
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:57:58 PM by shinefist »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 24, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »
Trailer is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4RsWSeLVyM

2 new characters and Athena Asamiya.

Wow, I love new Kim's companion, Luong. Probably she'll be in my team. And I love new South America stage too.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 24, 2016, 08:01:48 PM »
Nelson and luong look really well designed so far. And Athena has freezas death ball.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 24, 2016, 08:07:59 PM »
Nelson and luong look really well designed so far. And Athena has freezas death ball.

I thought of Spirit Bomb first but that works too, I guess.

The types of combos the new characters do reminds me of how characters play in Xuan Dou Zhi Wang.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 24, 2016, 08:50:19 PM »
Loving the characters. Athena has frieza's Deathball RIP.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 24, 2016, 08:54:47 PM »
Okay!

Athena's new look seems to be inspired by KOF XI's artwork. No more big eyes, good I guess? Outfit looked nice.

Luong had a kinda nice desing and unique looking moves. Multiple stances aren't really my thing, but I don't judge book by it's cover.

Nelson looked quite cool, I liked his hairstyle and gloves. He seems to be replacement for Vanessa, which is kinda shame. It seems we won't be seeing Heavy D! either (seriously, where's USA Sports Team?! Those guys would be great if they get redesinged).

South America stage looked fantastic. SNK sure knows how to make good stages.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 24, 2016, 09:02:06 PM »
Custle, do you post in GameFAQs under the name Kakashi_Lawyer? I'm only asking because you've both made the comment "Nelson is replacing Vanessa, which is a shame" around the same time frame.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 24, 2016, 09:03:54 PM »
Custle, do you post in GameFAQs under the name Kakashi_Lawyer? I'm only asking because you've both made the comment "Nelson is replacing Vanessa, which is a shame" around the same time frame.
Nope. I'm just Custle, I other aliases are Kyssaselka and RaivokasMagma :)
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 24, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »
I've seen people post that everywhere xD

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 24, 2016, 09:06:57 PM »
Nope. I'm just Custle, I other aliases are Kyssaselka and RaivokasMagma :)

Oh. Well then...

I don't get why people would think a new character is replacing an old one just because they have the same fighting style. It's possible for both to coexist and KOF has proved that before.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 24, 2016, 09:07:15 PM »
Nelson's revealed moves look interesting. They might showcase a number of properties that are updated for this game. Two of his attacks slam terry to the ground potentially ground bouncing (probably only one will if either) and his last shown move before the dynamic camera sequence does a wall slam (I'm guessing this is a super). He also has what appears to be a teleport type move.

Athena still has a magical skirt, not only does it never reveal the underside it now allows her legs to pass through it, I'm guessing it's breathable lol (to be fair though, clipping hasn't been that big of a problem in this game, just a few here or there, so far). And that spirit bomb mostly looks like what she did in her XIII Neomax sans goddesses.

Luong's Frankensteiner makes me worried for Clark's. Other than that she seems to have a fast kick special like beni's (but we haven't seen if it has a follow up), she's got an overhead normal (her backflip super might be overhead as well), a move which is probably either a counter or stance (I believe it's a counter), and what appears to be a ranbu style move ending in her dancing on her opponents face. Looks fun.

I can't wait for some of that KSB footage. With 20 characters at that build, I hope we get to see some grapplers, and more Max mode so I we can figure it out more.

EDIT: just realized Luong's stance is probably that fast kick special (making it like Yama's serpent slashes but with feet), she goes into that stance before shooting her foot out each of the other times it's shown in the vid (her first combo, and her super cancel) I didn't even realize how far her foot shot out til I watched her section again.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:14:37 PM by ottomatic »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 24, 2016, 09:17:53 PM »
"Luong's Frankensteiner makes me worried for Clark's."

I also don't get why people would think a new character having a move an old character had means the old character won't have it anymore.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 24, 2016, 09:22:34 PM »
"Luong's Frankensteiner makes me worried for Clark's."

I also don't get why people would think a new character having a move an old character had means the old character won't have it anymore.
True enough. Leona and Heidern, Clark and Ralf, Kim and Jhun, Kim and Choi, Kyokugens, all these and more prove my worries unfounded.