Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343244 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #885 on: April 01, 2016, 06:30:14 PM »
Oh yeah I see it Fluke, it does look like ryo's high parry in the pics off that blog.

Geese has got the command throw too. Wonder if geese will have his grab super. If so I will main him definitely, go geese.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 01, 2016, 08:20:09 PM »
For those of you who haven't seen this.

The name Hidetoshi Ishizawa might not readily ring a bell to old-school fighting game players, but his nickname Neo_G should bring memories back from the old staff rolls in the Darkstalker and Street Fighter Alpha franchises amongst other classic brawlers. He's been with Capcom since joining them in 1995 and even stuck with them through the darkest ages of fighting games to make Capcom Fighting Evolution, and in more recent years worked on Tatsunoko vs Capcom and also the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 series.

And now, he's a part of SNKPlaymore.

The seasoned fighting game developer announced today via Social Networks that he has shifted companies from Capcom to the developer of the King Of Fighters series.

From a quick glance on Facebook, Ishizawa left Capcom on January, and it seems that he is most likely working on KOF14 at the current time.

Long story short, the director of 3rd Strike is now with SNK. Damn. :l

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 02, 2016, 05:28:30 AM »
Couldn't believe it when I heard the news. Of all the news to release on Apr. 1st and NOT be a fluke, I wasn't expecting this.

Repeating what I've said about this from elsewhere, the inner, younger fanboy in me that loved Capcom and loved SNK even more is in this weird 3/4 gloatingly happy, 1/4 surprised and confused space, wanting to rub it in Capcom-only fanboy's faces (totally joking with this sentiment), but a little sad in what talent Capcom could be losing for their future.

I do believe Neo_G is (still) a big get, and I look forward to seeing what work he'll do for SNK in the future. I need to hear what's up next with SNK before I get really excited, but I remain optimistic.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 02, 2016, 07:13:32 AM »
Okay... If he left Capcom this January and joined SNK, I think he has very minor role to play when it comes to KOF XIV, such as assistant director or planner. I think his focus will be on future projects, maybe that Samurai Shodown game that was rumored? Or Garou 2? It starts feel that Garou 2 is the Half Life 3 of fighting games XD

I don't know about Japanese game industry, but I have a feeling something is changing there. Big names aren't as succesful as in their glory days and companies are digging graves for some of their IP's. Is this news sign of what is happening on Capcom? Who knows, maybe, maybe not.

"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 02, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »
Garou was definately one of the more Third strike'ish SNK games. It would make sense for them to get him on the boat for Garou 2 i suppose. get cucked capcuck.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 02, 2016, 10:01:38 AM »
Couldn't believe it when I heard the news. Of all the news to release on Apr. 1st and NOT be a fluke, I wasn't expecting this.

Repeating what I've said about this from elsewhere, the inner, younger fanboy in me that loved Capcom and loved SNK even more is in this weird 3/4 gloatingly happy, 1/4 surprised and confused space, wanting to rub it in Capcom-only fanboy's faces (totally joking with this sentiment), but a little sad in what talent Capcom could be losing for their future.

I do believe Neo_G is (still) a big get, and I look forward to seeing what work he'll do for SNK in the future. I need to hear what's up next with SNK before I get really excited, but I remain optimistic.

I'm pretty much the same way. In one way I'm happy to see Playmore being taken more seriously in the fighting game development community, but I also have the dread that we may never see Capcom vs SNK 3, or Project Justice 2 when you see people leaving Capcom like this (In case you didn't know Ono did troll a bit about those titles a few months ago).

My other thought is it might be a good thing since Capcom is getting kinda crazy with DLC characters now. I'd hate to see a CvS3 $60 with 20 characters with the promise of getting to 40 in 5 years and $150 extra from everybody (unless you want to go crazy playing every mode or stay in ranked match all day).
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 02, 2016, 10:11:30 AM »
Capcom vs SNK 3 DLC characters

I don't mind DLC from SNK, at all. As long as we get high quality games made with passion, soul and SNK stays in business, they can become as filthy and greedy as they wish. Capcom on the other hand...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:14:52 AM by Arkayruz »

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 02, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »
I'm not against DLC characters. If Playmore wants to do some after the 50 I'm all for it. I bought team $15 twice. I also bought other games like SF x TK twice, but making only 16 for $60 and spreading out the 30 more over 5 years and charging $150 for them all is not good business. That's how you lose customers.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 02, 2016, 12:34:42 PM »
If there would be paid DLC

1. No EX-versions of characters. I'd rather play character like developer made them in this game, instead of giving me option to play them like they played in previous games.

2. Instead of one character at the time, introduce them in teams. Well, it is team vs team game and if priced correctly, it would be bang for your buck.

3. Alternate costumes. Just cosmetics, like for example, Terry's Garou outfit would be cool.

I'd still rather have full game that get's updates in terms of bug fixes and balancing. 50 characters is more than enough for a fighting game, so I don't mind if XIV doesn't get more characters over time.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 02, 2016, 12:40:14 PM »
I even would say that I would like to have some DLC. Sadly, there's no fighting game nowadays that didn't expand/sale accessories by DLC. Costumes, stages, characters, whatever. And let's be honest, it keeps you playing and getting hype for that game. While I prefer costumes, stages and things that don't affect seriously the gameplay and while I think it's unffair to add DLC characters in a fighting game, well... characters increase the hype more than a costume, and probably the sells as well.
But if they do that, I would prefer it as an expansion of the game some months later. Like what Ultra was to SFIV or Ultimate to DOA5.

But my concerns right now are:

-Gameplay. I think the game still needs to prove how serious, well balanced and competitive is.
-Online. Without a good playable online and won't care a shit about DLC or what come later. Without good online I'll play offline modes for first weeks and then the game will be abandoned.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:44:48 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 02, 2016, 02:21:34 PM »
Without the creation of good online net coding, their wasting their time making the game period.

I think EX versions of characters are cool if it's just a few. Im not expecting any because of the already large roster of fighters.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 02, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »
Without the creation of good online net coding, their wasting their time making the game period.

I think EX versions of characters are cool if it's just a few. Im not expecting any because of the already large roster of fighters.
they did say that's what they will concentrate on tho (netplay and enough story stuffs).

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 02, 2016, 03:45:39 PM »

they did say that's what they will concentrate on tho (netplay and enough story stuffs).

They said that with XIII too. With XIV being on new hardware (PS4) & being developed in 3d they don't have much excuse to produce a decent enough online experience. Unless the staff genuinely don't understand what makes good code. Lets hope they can make it work.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:48:30 PM by shinefist »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 02, 2016, 06:12:43 PM »
PS4 is old hardware now. Companies are starting to make games for the PS4K. Lmao.

If online is not up to par with the competition. I'm just going to fight on through like Commonsense and Solechris did for KOF XIII on xbox360.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:15:22 PM by Amedø310 »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 02, 2016, 07:51:06 PM »
PS4 is old hardware now. Companies are starting to make games for the PS4K. Lmao.

I new someone would say this lol