Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343416 times)

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #900 on: April 02, 2016, 08:56:28 PM »
I'm ok with a few DLC characters (1 maybe 2 teams, or EX variations) so long as they don't overwhelm the rest of the cast, or come in with ridiculous bugs. And having 50 characters isn't a particular deterrent to adding characters. 98 um has a regularly playable cast of 14 teams of 3 + Rugal + 16 fair EX characters  = 59 tourney legal + 5 OP charactes (O.Leona, O.Iori, 3 bosses) making 64 playable overall, while 02 um has 17 teams of 3 + Nameless + 6 EX characters = 58 tourney legal + 8 taken out of arcade (7 bosses + nightmare geese) totaling at 66 characters total. At current we don't know that the bosses in this game will be straight up SNK boss syndrome bosses, or regular characters with boss variations, so we can count 48 regular cast for tournaments so far, possibly 50. If SNK wants to add some popular fan faves to that number somewhere down the line, I'm fine with that, just keep them in line with the rest of the cast, not above them.

IAD

• New Challenger
  • Sucker Free Sunday
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 02, 2016, 10:28:07 PM »
Re:SNKP snagging up Neo_G is insane, his credentials are some of the best in the industry as far as fighting games go.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 03, 2016, 01:20:19 AM »
Welcome to Dream cancel IAD. Yeah Neo_G is an industry vet who worked on a number of my favorite Capcom titles. Makes me curious to see what they've got planned, hopefully more than just fighters (as much as I love fighters), I'd love to Athena in a metroidvania styled game, or shock troopers as a twin stick shooter.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 03, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »
Makes me curious to see what they've got planned, hopefully more than just fighters (as much as I love fighters), I'd love to Athena in a metroidvania styled game, or shock troopers as a twin stick shooter.

Honestly I'd hope they would do some budget titles with some of the other licenses they have. Baseball Stars, P.O.W., Ikari Warriors, Sengoku any would be fun to see a new game from. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to take a big chance on other properties till they feel they went through their safer bets.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 03, 2016, 12:49:59 PM »
Safest bets would probably be Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug. I kinda doubt new proper Metal Slug game, because those tower defense games seem to profitable....
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 03, 2016, 06:01:51 PM »
Safest bets would probably be Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug. I kinda doubt new proper Metal Slug game, because those tower defense games seem to profitable....

Yet at the same time, their normal line of Metal Slug games are really well-liked. It's arguably their most known and loved franchise. They wouldn't (or shouldn't) ditch that because of tower defense games. Even more so when the company's plan includes "creating a universe a la Marvel".

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 03, 2016, 06:48:25 PM »
Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Last Blade. Those come to mind since they have a cult following. After they make money on them I can see them going for other properties.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 03, 2016, 08:22:22 PM »

Yet at the same time, their normal line of Metal Slug games are really well-liked. It's arguably their most known and loved franchise. They wouldn't (or shouldn't) ditch that because of tower defense games. Even more so when the company's plan includes "creating a universe a la Marvel".
Speaking of Metal Slug, series has 20th anniversary this year. I wonder will there be any special? First game was released April 19th 1996. Maybe it is time wear that t-shirt I got from Humble Bundle.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 03, 2016, 09:06:43 PM »
-Gameplay. I think the game still needs to prove how serious, well balanced and competitive is.

So much this. We don't even know if we will get a MI remixed 2.5D gameplay at the end.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 03, 2016, 09:41:33 PM »
Well there are people who have played the demo and so far nobody has screamed Max Impact.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 03, 2016, 11:00:31 PM »
Even watching footage of the game I can tell that's not going to be the case.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 04, 2016, 06:00:33 AM »
Safest bets would probably be Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug.

Somehow I can see MOTW2 been made in the future. Specially with Neo_G on board.

Even watching footage of the game I can tell that's not going to be the case.

Sorry, didn't explained myself properly.
As far as I know, no pros have played the game yet (at least giving feedback in between), I've read a couple of times that jumping feels slower than ever, and given that the game is still WIP we don't know if the final product will end up been clumsy or just different enough to feel "wrong" when trying to convey something kof-y enough and making it fresh enough.
I mean, we are talking about almost 7 years with no games at all, there is nothing reassuring the game will end up been a good kof or not.
Even though, I do wish the game ends up been great, I'll purchase it without a doubt. My concern is not SNK/kof per se, but the actual gaming generation. If the game gets cancelled for example, would any of you be surprised?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:02:17 AM by Arkayruz »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 04, 2016, 08:51:53 AM »
Somehow I can see MOTW2 been made in the future. Specially with Neo_G on board.

We can hope that. I don't care about MOTW when it comes to gameplay (prefer FF3/RBFF style more), but I want conclusion to the story. On the same note, I kinda want some sort of remake of Art of Fighting, that doesn't go comical because of translation.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 04, 2016, 05:12:02 PM »
Sorry, didn't explained myself properly.
As far as I know, no pros have played the game yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4R5otcfy4

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 04, 2016, 05:30:07 PM »
If the game gets cancelled for example, would any of you be surprised?
I highly doubt the game gets cancelled. Too many trailers, too many playable demos... Everything is too official to cancel the game at this point. SNKP is in new hands and it took a new route. We shouldn't think that development process is uncertain and unknown as it was some years ago. Besides, i don't rembember a single KOF cancelled.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature