Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343398 times)

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #930 on: April 05, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »
Messing around again in XIII gave me ideas and concerns for XIV. I'm worried that multiple max mode combos will show up and already thought of a potential one: If K' retains anywhere juggle on air EX minute spike, he will have a multi max mode combo by comboing into air EX minute spike in the corner then looping St.A jump EX minute spike til max mode ends, then juggle with a grounded normal, quick max, jump EX minute spike to continue the loop. I even thought of a few potential combo starters to work into this loop plausibly from mid screen off of Cr.B. I hope I'm wrong about this and there's a system in place to prevent looping max mode combos into more max mode combos. Maybe something like locking you out of max mode activation for a second or two after draining out the meter. Any other ideas to keep out the loops?

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 05, 2016, 11:05:03 PM »
Speaking visually, Athena looks the least finished out of the revealed characters.

The problem is her face and her eyes been too separated..  is so... weird?, not even cute weird, just plain alien.

Here is a good example of what they should do: http://imgur.com/TvsWD33

[spoiler]I agree, Mighty NO9 is like ashes of broken dreams in hopes of megaman coming back one day, but Bloodstained?, now THAT'S how you do metroidvania! [/spoiler]

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 06, 2016, 01:14:41 AM »
Messing around again in XIII gave me ideas and concerns for XIV. I'm worried that multiple max mode combos will show up and already thought of a potential one: If K' retains anywhere juggle on air EX minute spike, he will have a multi max mode combo by comboing into air EX minute spike in the corner then looping St.A jump EX minute spike til max mode ends, then juggle with a grounded normal, quick max, jump EX minute spike to continue the loop. I even thought of a few potential combo starters to work into this loop plausibly from mid screen off of Cr.B. I hope I'm wrong about this and there's a system in place to prevent looping max mode combos into more max mode combos. Maybe something like locking you out of max mode activation for a second or two after draining out the meter. Any other ideas to keep out the loops?

Keep anywhere juggle out of the game? Besides, K' has knee back, which, if it is like the knee in 02UM or XI, is far better than anything he had in XIII and will make him above the majority of the cast out the gate in XIV.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:18:02 AM by Amedø310 »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 06, 2016, 02:37:17 AM »

They could add a personal damage scale for each individual character. Some characters with loop combos or anywhere juggles could perform the loops, as in XIII that's what vice can do for example. The difference would be adding the scaling so you wouldn't get any damage at all after so many loops.

On the other hand, they could add a Burst type move which you could use after being juggled too much. Once the scaling reaches a certain point and no damage is occurring you could Burst them off of you. So it encourages you to let them drop for a reset.

Hoping Nemo & famitsu show the game system.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 06, 2016, 03:21:29 AM »
Or they could just make it so you can't follow up after anywhere juggle moves. Spend the meter, get the damage and/or a mixup.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 06, 2016, 09:46:32 AM »
Any thoughts on, will this game have special intros or pre-battle dialogues? Annoucement trailer was kind of mix of both. I liked dialogue's XIII, because there was interaction between characters and some of them were quite entertaining. On the other hand, special intros can be quick and awesome. I've always wondered, why Ryo and Terry don't have special intro, they are supposed to be friendly rivals?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 06, 2016, 11:23:22 AM »
Any thoughts on, will this game have special intros or pre-battle dialogues? Annoucement trailer was kind of mix of both. I liked dialogue's XIII, because there was interaction between characters and some of them were quite entertaining. On the other hand, special intros can be quick and awesome. I've always wondered, why Ryo and Terry don't have special intro, they are supposed to be friendly rivals?

Who knows! Its already very surprising that their are 50 fighters, maybe they have a good animator who's out done himself & filled the game with lots of additional pre fight or after fight animations.

I personally would be happy with still pics of the characters like in XIII's story mode, they managed to show a lot of character this way. Oh yeah, they also said they are working heavily on the story.       

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 06, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »
In first trailers we saw a special intro between Kyo and Iori. I guess it has been removed only because they have been improving graphics and characters models, but I guess the idea to have intros hasn't been removed, or I hope so...
! No longer available

The problem with intros is that KOF is 3 vs 3. I wonder if intros will be only between first characters or every time a new character enters the arena. Having now intros in 3D, with camera moves like in SF, it could look odd in the middle of a team fight.

EDIT
Talking about intros... Image of the day
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:32:10 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 06, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
Talking about intros... Image of the day

Just came here to confirm special intros, beat me to it.

And this is GREAT. XIII dialogues were cool and stuff, but they only happened on arcade mode. Special intros are quick and charismatic.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 06, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »
Is cool to have classic intros again. But still, I hope to not lose more flashy intros with camera move like that one we saw between Kyo and Iori in first trailers.
Now that I remember, they showed an intro of King too, very similar to Cammy's. In trailer 6th. So I guess first characters will have a more spectacular 3D intro.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:37:15 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 06, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
Well that was convenient. I wonder will they do dialogues in arcade mode like in SVC Chaos (Intro, then dialogue)?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 06, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »
Image of the day lol.. wow what timing!

Well that solves the intro mystery.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 06, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
Image of the day lol.. wow what timing!

Well that solves the intro mystery.

(Maybe they are reading this forum...)

hum...
Oh guys, it would be SO cool to have Rock as DLC! eh?... eh?!... right SNK?

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2016, 04:25:51 PM »

hum...
And while you're at it, bring back USA Sports Team :)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 06, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »

hum...
And while you're at it, bring back USA Sports Team :)

Haha, I tried this before, it didn't work :(

How do we know rock isn't the boy on team china, the one with the earphones on, maybe he's grown up a bit and tungs training him?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:36:59 PM by shinefist »