Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343423 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1095 on: April 19, 2016, 05:32:37 PM »
"Enjoyed" x)

22nd is pax, 24th Akihabara and 30th KVO ayy

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 19, 2016, 06:33:10 PM »
I don't see KOFXIV as a game that could take advantage of the Neo system, unless Sony demanded to include some Neo-only features in their "support contract" xD

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/722440735392292864
Angel's Climax DM I think. Enjoy the view LOL

Maybe this contract has part where there will be special "PlayStation Neo Geo-edition" :)

I guess that's a nice view. Seen worse displays of "fan service" in fighting games.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 19, 2016, 08:12:36 PM »
I don't see KOFXIV as a game that could take advantage of the Neo system, unless Sony demanded to include some Neo-only features in their "support contract" xD

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/722440735392292864
Angel's Climax DM I think. Enjoy the view LOL

Quite possibly, but what does that mean for her people's elbow super? Is it just a super this time? Or is the animation tacked on at the end of another super? Or (I think this is least likely) is it a regular special?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 19, 2016, 08:43:36 PM »
I guess tomorrow will be the day that we'll get some glorious pictures of Mai kicking Andy's ass <3 :P

As for the trailer of thursady... I just can't wait! At the beginning I was thinking that we may get a new special trailer, but now I think it will be a regular 2 characters reveal trailer and maybe we'll get the special one in 25th event. I guess they have something special to unveal during the event... Maybe the main character of the new saga, and/or a final release date.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 19, 2016, 09:39:46 PM »
Yeah, I think too that this weeks trailer will be shorter. As I've said before, longer trailers are for special events, like next week.

But any bets, who will be revealed this week? Last week was one mainstay and one new, so I'm going to bet Rasputin and Mature. One new and one KOF original.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 19, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »
My bet is on someone from Tung and/or Muimui's team.

They are the only two teams left with more than 1 character yet to be revealed.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:13:07 PM by Diavle »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 19, 2016, 10:13:42 PM »
Maybe this contract has part where there will be special "PlayStation Neo Geo-edition" :)

I guess that's a nice view. Seen worse displays of "fan service" in fighting games.
You know what? I'd be salty if KOFXIV had benefits on the upgraded PS4 because I bought a regular PS4 just in time to start playing SFV on day one -for budget reasons, KOF and SF are the only games I buy on day one-, but this PS Neo...Geo thing of yours gave me a good laugh :D

Quite possibly, but what does that mean for her people's elbow super? Is it just a super this time? Or is the animation tacked on at the end of another super? Or (I think this is least likely) is it a regular special?
I think People's Elbow was demoted to a regular super or maybe a MAX-only super -which would be sad to me, because I think we all see it as her ultimate attack-, unless Angel's climax starts as a ranbu with dramatic camera work and ends with her elbow shown in regular in-game camera angle.

As for trailers, besides being obviously hyped to see character reveals, there's another thing that caught my attention: the BGM used in the first half of the 6th and 8th trailers. It has a slightly Esaka-ish feel to it, but after listening to the Esaka remix in Nemo and Famitsu's stream I'm almost sure it isn't part of the XIV edition of the Esaka theme. I love that track, can't wait to see what its real purpose is!! Maybe the game has two intros like Garou? I really hope it isn't trailer-only music...I had enough with that kind of disappointment when I found out a couple BGMs from the KOFXII PVs were nowhere to be found in the (un)finished game xD (unless they ended up in DLC music packs, which I didn't buy)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:28:03 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 19, 2016, 11:25:56 PM »
Mai is great, Banderas is cool... Still no Kensou  :(

I wouldn't like him to be revealed last.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 20, 2016, 01:07:14 AM »
I think People's Elbow was demoted to a regular super or maybe a MAX-only super -which would be sad to me, because I think we all see it as her ultimate attack-, unless Angel's climax starts as a ranbu with dramatic camera work and ends with her elbow shown in regular in-game camera angle.
Didn't SNK say something along the lines of 2 DMs with SDM variants and 1 clamax per character?

I'm not really upset if they've turned the elbow into a DM/SDM because that would mean it is more regularly available (we'd actually see it in more matches), making any hard knockdown combo with meter a confirm IE unchain into her f,f+k finisher. They may have just made it part of her counter super when against an aerial attack (that was the only way to get it in 02og). I'd personally prefer the first of the these premises, but however SNK decided to use it, I'm just glad it's still in.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 20, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
When a movelist arrives we'll know alot more about which dm's, sdm's and climax moves are actually the same, new or modified.

What characters are you most looking forward to seeing guys. I want to see that person with the chinese mask on, who's part of the official invitation team. And from the old cast i want to see K! and clark.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:47:22 AM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 20, 2016, 11:18:05 AM »
When a movelist arrives we'll know alot more about which dm's, sdm's and climax moves are actually the same, new or modified.

What characters are you most looking forward to seeing guys. I want to see that person with the chinese mask on, who's part of the official invitation team. And from the old cast i want to see K! and clark.
Pretty much enitre new cast, especially Another World team. Mui Mui's reveal made me really excited about Nakoruru and Love Heart. When it comes to returning characters, probably Geese and Billy.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 20, 2016, 12:31:48 PM »

Pretty much enitre new cast, especially Another World team. Mui Mui's reveal made me really excited about Nakoruru and Love Heart. When it comes to returning characters, probably Geese and Billy.

I cannot believe their is still 12 characters yet to be revealed including the bosses. Even if we know some from past games, they are still new to kof. If the new China team members are not in a trailer tomorrow i would guess they are the new protagonist of the story line.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:34:41 PM by shinefist »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 20, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
That was said in the leak, china team is hero team this time.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 20, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »

PlayStation title lineup
https://youtu.be/6bKsOJfL2bA
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:10:20 PM by videoman190 »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 20, 2016, 01:28:46 PM »
That was said in the leak, china team is hero team this time.

Was it, well that puts an end to that theory. Curse that leak for being so correct :)

After watching that Playstation line up video videoman190 posted thx. Noticed Ralf using ground pound in one of his moves. It had camera effect so maybe part of an SDM or Climax of his.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:35:34 PM by shinefist »