Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343682 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1140 on: April 21, 2016, 04:03:20 PM »
Monday is gonna be epic.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 21, 2016, 04:20:21 PM »
PAX east is from 22nd-24th, can't find the Playstation booth in the schedule tho anyone able on find it ?

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 21, 2016, 04:23:46 PM »
Is that schedule for streams?

It will probably just be playable at the Sony/Atlus booth like at the other events with no official stream.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 21, 2016, 04:29:11 PM »
I doubt it's just for streams. And even then, every streaming even kof xiv was in gave it a little spotlight.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 21, 2016, 04:41:53 PM »
I couldn't find anything related to KOF, Atlus or SNK. Probably there's a booth by either company where it is playable. I hope it gets some exposure, I'm really itching for some good quality footage.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 21, 2016, 04:57:09 PM »
I'm no longer confident we'll get the updated build for PAX East. It seems I was wrong as to the event on the 25th. It's one specifically for KOF XIV. So I doubt they'll show off that build before the event.

Oh well.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 22, 2016, 04:25:21 AM »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cgm4ADPU0AAbAsl.jpg:large

Here's the 24 characters that will be playable. I'm very surprised with the list. Characters like Athena, Kim and K! are in, that's great as they never looked finished when they were shown. Lots of new blood too.

Shiranui_ninja will be happy.

@marchefelix That's what I'm thinking too, at least we might catch a video or two.

Wonder what the hot information will be on 25th. I'm hoping for system break down and release date.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:39:33 AM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 22, 2016, 06:51:16 AM »
Yay! Good selection of characters and every new that has been announced. I really hope we get lots of footage and that people get adventurous with their selected characters.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 22, 2016, 08:23:11 AM »
Yay! Good selection of characters and every new that has been announced. I really hope we get lots of footage and that people get adventurous with their selected characters.

Yeah me too. But the people that want to actually win the tournament will probably pick Kim, Ryo, Iori, andy or Leona :)

This I don't wish to see.

PS Those graphics shaders have come along way.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:35:37 AM by shinefist »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 22, 2016, 09:17:59 AM »
No one knows how Kim plays right now that is way too rushed too say, if anything I'd say King / Clark are the best soft counters to most. Andy also seems very well rounded in this instalment.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:20:19 AM by The Good Loser »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 22, 2016, 10:03:27 AM »

Yeah me too. But the people that want to actually win the tournament will probably pick Kim, Ryo, Iori, andy or Leona :)

This I don't wish to see.

PS Those graphics shaders have come along way.

No one knows how Kim plays right now that is way too rushed too say, if anything I'd say King / Clark are the best soft counters to most. Andy also seems very well rounded in this instalment.
I think it's more like K', Iori, Kula and Kyo. They seems to play quite similar compared to previous instalments, so they might be safe bets. Haven't seen K' in action yet, but think he will be popular pick in early stages.

King also seems quite solid, but my judgement might be slightly biased, because I like King so much :) Clark seems to be more pure grappler this time, so I don't expect that much of him, although I've always viewed him as dark horse.

And shaders have com long way. Kinda nice to see how the look of game has evolved.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:22:25 AM by Custle »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 22, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »

True about Kim... I forgot all about king.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 22, 2016, 10:41:24 AM »
I forgot K' has his mid combo overhead back. Clark seems to have some of his 2k2um moves, if so then he is gonna have a lot of easy confirms / punishes. Basically 13 Clark on crack. Running three has mid air grab potential like his neo max in Xiii. If they give him those moves AND the armor grab is back its overkill if the player has so much as played clark a few times. I'm just wondering what his climax is.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 22, 2016, 10:51:57 AM »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cgm4ADPU0AAbAsl.jpg:large

Here's the 24 characters that will be playable. I'm very surprised with the list. Characters like Athena, Kim and K! are in, that's great as they never looked finished when they were shown. Lots of new blood too.

Shiranui_ninja will be happy.

@marchefelix That's what I'm thinking too, at least we might catch a video or two.

Wonder what the hot information will be on 25th. I'm hoping for system break down and release date.

Indeed. I'm so so happy :D
I wasn't expecting Mai to be payable since she was announced a week ago. But I guess yesterday's screenshot was a hint... I wonder why King isn't in the list. Maybe they are doing some changes on her?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 22, 2016, 11:51:02 AM »
I forgot K' has his mid combo overhead back. Clark seems to have some of his 2k2um moves, if so then he is gonna have a lot of easy confirms / punishes. Basically 13 Clark on crack. Running three has mid air grab potential like his neo max in Xiii. If they give him those moves AND the armor grab is back its overkill if the player has so much as played clark a few times. I'm just wondering what his climax is.

This is why I cannot wait for the movelists. If Clark has frankensteiner and hcf+p rush grab (I've seen a vid of the throw so it might be), that'll be a good competent Clark to play. If he also has hcf+B grab from XIV then maybe they could make his attacks slow like in 02 to balance him.

Is it nearly time to start adding character & special move threads to the forum?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:53:44 AM by shinefist »