Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 347713 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1335 on: May 01, 2016, 04:03:50 PM »
Considering that game will be released in three months, the amount info they might pump out might surprise. My top priority is EU release date right now, so I can plan my PS4 purchase in advance.

Yeah EU is still awaiting a publisher. Rising star games did a good job with XIII. They should be releasing info about the EU release pretty soon.

I know, the amount of info to reveal could come in waves. I hope it does. I've already got my PS4 last Christmas, it doesn't get used to much. Its awaiting that brand spanking new kof XIV DVD.

I've got 3 months to get good with angel on fightcade then, as that's who I'm looking forward to using, then I might be able to just transfer my skills to XIV with her.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 01, 2016, 04:46:25 PM »
Considering that game will be released in three months, the amount info they might pump out might surprise. My top priority is EU release date right now, so I can plan my PS4 purchase in advance.
idk if you have those where your at but ps4 wise, Media Mart just put out a sale for ps4's at 275€ with controller and 500 GB memory. Pretty. Cheap for a brand new one. I hope it stays that way cuz I'm broke ATM lol

http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_playstation-4-konsole-cuh-1216a-500gb-schwarz-neu-cuh-1216a-ps4-konsolen-2023678.html
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:51:26 PM by The Good Loser »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 01, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »
Nah I not here of them. I checked their website and they cater for 14 countries in EU, UK isn't one of them. I got 70 pound off mine from http://cex.co.uk It was £215 pounds when I purchased one with 24 month warranty.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 01, 2016, 06:01:14 PM »
Damn that price is pretty cheap too

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 01, 2016, 06:53:12 PM »
Hmmm, I'd rather buy these types of electronics from Finland. I support local economy, get the correct power plug and I don't have to worry about shipping costs. If I order one from other EU country, it would probably about the same price as I would buy from here. Although there are exceptions to the rule, I ordered Hori stick from Amazon.de, because availability was shitty and Legend of Korra DVD's from Amazon.co.uk.

I especially kinda hate ordering from UK, because conversion from pound to euro makes products damn expensive.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 01, 2016, 10:01:49 PM »
I preordered the Japanese version of KOFXIV because of the artbook, but I'll be very happy for all the European players who can do without it when the European publisher is announced. I hope it happens as soon as possible. And I hope we get lots of PS4 deals, which is likely in my opinion because of the Neo model.

We got 4 freaking months to go °O° Besides playing SFV at least a couple minutes a day, I started KOFXIII (PS3) anew on my latest, definitive PSN account to ease my wait, and it's still fun after all these years. Too bad online on PS3 is a NO. I was crazy enough to try a single player match with all the lobby settings to "any" in a desperate move to have a chance to get a match, but the input delay was so shitty I regretted trying it xD
Ore no...kachi da!!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 01, 2016, 10:28:42 PM »
I'm waiting for European version announce. Depending on the cover art and the goodies I would pick up Japanese version if it has english text (I'm not sure about).

So, we got close enough to how power bars work, didn't we?
For what I understand now is like this

Outside MAX mode
-DM: 1 stock
-MAX DM (SDM):  2 stocks
-Climax: 3 stocks
-No EX moves

Inside MAX mode
-Activation MAX mode: 1 stock
-There are no DM
-MAX DM (SDM): 1 stock
-EX moves unlimited at no cost.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:10:00 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 01, 2016, 11:46:10 PM »

Inside MAX mode
-There are no DM

Climax during MAX mode is 2 bars, EX DM is 1 and regular DM is the rest of the MAX mode.
The MAX gauge itself counts as bar while the gauge is still active, eg: if you have 0 bar when MAX mode is active and about to run out, you can still do a DM at the end eventhough you have no more bars coz you used the bar you activated MAX mode with.

EX moves aren't "free", each one shaves 1/4 of your MAX bar so you can get around 3 or 4 moves max, if you activate off a normal the gauge starts at half point so you have maybe 2 EX moves or so.
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 01, 2016, 11:55:05 PM »
Got my preorder put in today. August can't come soon enough.

I think from this point on we're going to see a lot more good footage like we did over the weekend. I really like how SNK is swinging for the fences on being a gaming company again. We got kof14, a kof anime, rumors of garou 2 and a new samsho coming. I remember before kof13 came out they were talking about that being it for kof period. What a turn around.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 02, 2016, 01:22:24 AM »

Inside MAX mode
-There are no DM

Climax during MAX mode is 2 bars, EX DM is 1 and regular DM is the rest of the MAX mode.
The MAX gauge itself counts as bar while the gauge is still active, eg: if you have 0 bar when MAX mode is active and about to run out, you can still do a DM at the end eventhough you have no more bars coz you used the bar you activated MAX mode with.

EX moves aren't "free", each one shaves 1/4 of your MAX bar so you can get around 3 or 4 moves max, if you activate off a normal the gauge starts at half point so you have maybe 2 EX moves or so.

Regular DMs do not appear to be available while in MAX mode not at the cost of meter nor the rest of max gauge, I haven't seen any reports or videos to the contrary. If there is evidence please point it out. Aside from that your observation on EX moves is accurate, just remember Max gauge is determined by character position much like meter meaning that the later characters may be able to get more EX moves per bar.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 02, 2016, 04:58:10 AM »

KOFXIV screenshot of the day.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 02, 2016, 06:16:15 AM »
I hope we're still getting news weekly. They've spoiled me so much  :(

Anyways, it looks like MAX Mode in XIV combines features of all the MAX Modes and equivalents that have existed in KOF. Being able to cancel into it to extend your combos like in 2002 and XIII. EX Moves like in XIII. Using MAX Mode to make your DMs into SDMs like in 98. If anyone remembers, activating MAX Mode in 98 only let you use SDMs and not DMs.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:19:57 AM by marchefelix »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 02, 2016, 10:20:48 AM »

Anyways, it looks like MAX Mode in XIV combines features of all the MAX Modes and equivalents that have existed in KOF. Being able to cancel into it to extend your combos like in 2002 and XIII. EX Moves like in XIII. Using MAX Mode to make your DMs into SDMs like in 98. If anyone remembers, activating MAX Mode in 98 only let you use SDMs and not DMs.

Oh yeah, I forget about all these old game systems like 98.. If it is an improved compilation of previous systems, then I hope a new one is reserved specially for the online netcode :)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 02, 2016, 11:01:46 AM »
True! Thank you to point it out.

Of course. There are still several characters to be shown like Mature, Goro, Yuri, Joe, Ramon, Kensou and a bunch of new ones such as Alice, Zarina, Kim's master, etc.

And in the official website there is a lot of content to be revealed. Character bios, Team trailers, movelists, web programs, bosses, etc.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:56:46 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 02, 2016, 01:12:45 PM »

Nitpicky thing but maxmode can extend combos in 98 aswell, although very slightly. If you quick cancel a normal with it you may be able to link stuff that wouldn't otherwise link.