Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343765 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1560 on: May 25, 2016, 02:14:38 PM »
Too bad no Mature nor Mian. But we'll see Hein. I'm really curious about him. He could be totally generic and souless, or to have a very unique appeal. Also I want to see Kukri and Shun'ei gameplays.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:16:10 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 25, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »
That sick Mai trick and some wicked Kim stuff I saw from Stunfest -ground bounce EX Hou'ou Hiten Kyaku just to name one- convinced me not to complain anymore about them not having any new command or special compared to XIII. Sure those techniques are locked behind meter usage, but I like them enough I can stop complaining.

A couple surprises in the 36 chara build: I was expecting to see all the 36 characters revealed in teasers and/or team gameplay videos till now, so seeing Hein and Yuri instead of Geese and Mature caught my attention. Will Yuri have different EX moves and/or a different Climax compared to XIII? We'll see in a couple days. As for Hein, I can't wait to see his fighting style. Will he prove to be worth of being Geese's butler or whatever he is? I hope he does. Of course I'd love to see moves not shown in the previous videos for the already revealed characters.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 25, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »
Probably we have this roster because these are the most finished and polished/bug-free characters, or maybe because they are saving other characters, like Main, Xanadu and Geese for later (E3? EVO?)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 25, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »
@Shiranui_ninja Yeah that mix up from Mai. The fan might be an overhead and it might be possible to cross them up too if it hits a corner of there head lol. The head games hehe.

Well that's another 12 characters to look forward to.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 25, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »
On the Mai mix up, I like the idea of wall dive 2B double cross up while that fan comes down, give em even more to think about.

Isn't the build only 11 new characters as we get King back, or have we learned enough new mechanics that we should fully re-examine her?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 25, 2016, 03:40:09 PM »
On the Mai mix up, I like the idea of wall dive 2B double cross up while that fan comes down, give em even more to think about.

Isn't the build only 11 new characters as we get King back, or have we learned enough new mechanics that we should fully re-examine her?

I'm going on the move list. Weather they changed her we don't know. I see your point though, I was debating on 11 or 12 & 12 Sounds better as its more  ;)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 25, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
Hein is the oddest choice in there, but I don't really care since he's one of the new characters I've been most looking forward to see.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 25, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »
I really hope when there is event that has that build, people would be more adventurous than last time. I wanna see new characters in action, especially Mui Mui. Too bad Love Heart isn't there :(
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 25, 2016, 10:40:47 PM »
I can only add that Hein is a German name, and iirc geese is half German. Hein (or Hain, like Samhain) is the short form of Heinrich (engl. Henry). Hein stands for "home(-land), "rich" (wealthy) or simply "Mighty"'

There is also folklore about a "Freund Hein" or "Gevatter Hein" (trnsl. Friend Hein or Father Hein), a personification of Death.

He also has an uncanny resemblance to Faust/Faustus from black butler (Kurotsuchi?), who also shares a German name from Goethe's book Faust.

OR... I'm reading too much into it xD
Just thought I'd share some info since I'm German.

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 26, 2016, 02:45:51 AM »

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 26, 2016, 03:48:05 AM »

Looks like Joe is a mix of 97, 98 and 13

His standard block string/mixup/combo = start s.c, f+b into goldenheel, slash kick (take your pick) looks like has wo kicks after it or the animation has changed.

Looks like after golden heel on standing opponent you can dash and get in another combos afterwards like you did in 97. Joe had crazy combos in 97 after projectile or golden heel hit. I hope this is true...my Nelson, King, Joe Dirty BAXING (boxing in NYC accent) TEAM! would be complete.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 26, 2016, 06:30:16 AM »
Great trailer! I like how they focused on the unannounced character more.

Anyone get a George Thorogood vibe from the music? He's the guy who made "Bad to the Bone".

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 26, 2016, 07:01:57 AM »
I'll come home and give trailer a better look later.

Joe seemed to have some sort of double high kick.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 26, 2016, 07:51:03 AM »
Yeah, joe has a new command normal wich seems to have pretty good range. Either they changed his s.B to a low kick from a front kick or he also got his old f.B back. He comboed after an EX golden heel just like in 13. He also has his classic far D (mid kick) back and tiger kick goes more upwards like in older games. It will be fun to see if he turns out quite similar to 13 (-combos ofcourse) or if he gets some of his pushback from older games back wich should make it easier for him to use his specials relatively safely.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 26, 2016, 08:37:02 AM »
Nice trailer and cool vibe.

Andy has sB, sD chain combo.

Joe after EX golden heel linked a dA, into sB or so it looked like. Could be a new chain combo, a link combo, or it could be dA, f+B. Joe looks promising in his gameplay and really solid.

SNK is doing great work on alot of characters, keep it up boys.

Great trailer! I like how they focused on the unannounced character more.

Anyone get a George Thorogood vibe from the music? He's the guy who made "Bad to the Bone".

I need to listen to it again to hear if it sounds like bad to the bone. Sounds like a remix of garou motw Terry's stage I always thought.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:43:38 AM by shinefist »