Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343359 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1575 on: May 26, 2016, 11:28:21 AM »
Joe looks great in 3D. Even I prefer him more skinny, like in XII and XIII. He is a Mue Thai fighter after all... But yet, he looks cool and handsome.
I'm don't know too much Joe's normals, and maybe it's me, but he has new stuff right? Or maybe is only his rush combo... Argh, I hate that rush combo thing. Is what I totally dislike in KOF XIV.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 26, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »
If you are a skilled player you can virtually ignore it. Barely anyone used it at Stunfest.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 26, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »
Yes, but at same time they have cool command moves that only work in rush. That's what annoys me
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 26, 2016, 12:30:35 PM »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 26, 2016, 12:41:05 PM »
Aslong as rush combo's don't interfere with standing light punch tap combos. So you can do standing A, A, A for example, then it's fine by me.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 26, 2016, 01:59:19 PM »
They don't interfere as long as you dont tap to the point where it does the finisher. Also the music from The FF Stage fits like a glove.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 26, 2016, 03:18:01 PM »
That music is so good, feels like it's straight out of Vash the Stampede, which makes me like it even more.

Joe feels like he was heavily influenced by the team members from the old Fatal Fury days.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 26, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »
I don't know how many times I've watched this trailer -it happens to me with every trailer actually xD
I agree that their theme could be inspired/remixed from Terry's MOTW theme, the beginning sounds so alike it, and I love it because Terry's theme is my favorite MOTW track.

Joe looks more fun to use than ever before to me. I've never used him much, but things could change in KOFXIV. I'm curious about his double high kick too...it's everything but a special, since it gets canceled into a special the first time Joe uses it in the trailer. I love that Tiger Kick is diagonal again. Now I wanna see his Climax move, the trailer stops just at the end of his Climax intro LOL

Only one thing disappointed me: no references to his sudden beating from the Geese&Ryo teaser :(

As for rush combos, could they damage KOFXIV's reputation? In other words, did Persona 4 Ultimate/Ultimax get a bad reputation because of them? I know nothing about their reception within the FGC in terms of competition value.
Ore no...kachi da!!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 26, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
As for rush combos, could they damage KOFXIV's reputation? In other words, did Persona 4 Ultimate/Ultimax get a bad reputation because of them? I know nothing about their reception within the FGC in terms of competition value.

Nope, if anything rush combos will help it when it comes to new players.

For tournament play they are a non issue, as could be easily seen at Stunfest.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 26, 2016, 04:33:21 PM »
I highly doubt they wil harm XIV. As I said before in Stunfest the barely used them and once you are secure enough (got the bread and butter combos down in practice), the rush combos become obsolete as their damage is limited (can't follow up after the DM) and in general does less than inputting the moves yourself would.

I've had this discussion on the Dreamcancel Discord and came to the conclusion that the only time it's worth for someone  who could do the combo anyway to use rush, is if it would 100% kill the opponent for a kill secure. (I.E. only 12% life left but don't want to botch the combo)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 26, 2016, 06:02:48 PM »
Back home and watched the trailer again.

Joe has bit lighter skin again. I guess that's not a problem? New pants look great.

Nothing new about Andy, lame as always.

Terry is Terry, he punches so hard that ground breaks.

Stage looks fun, I loved that fat guy sitting there.

Theme song has a hillbilly wibe, somehow reminded me of Biker Mice from Mars.... It ain't Street Dancer, but we'll see if it grows on me.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 26, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »

Joe after EX golden heel linked a dA, into sB or so it looked like. Could be a new chain combo, a link combo, or it could be dA, f+B. Joe looks promising in his gameplay and really solid.

This isnt new, Joe could do this in 97. After  s.C, F+b, hcf+A you can run in and go for another combo during the hit animation of hcf+A Golden heel/Tornado. It stunned them that you can run in and add extra hits or even do another combo. Very small window but was possible.  Works with dp+b as well.

I hope hes more like classic joe and not XIII Joe. I really hate XIII

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:18:14 PM by GarouStar »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 26, 2016, 08:45:44 PM »
The fact that Rush combo forces you to use meter when you have it may also discourage competitive players from using it often. They might want to save up that meter for big combos or for the defensive game.

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 26, 2016, 09:12:17 PM »
I need some Kensou news in my life!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:14:18 PM by GarouStar »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 26, 2016, 09:43:25 PM »
I need some Kensou news in my life!

He's not in the new build so you'll probably have to wait for his team's trailer, which will be released like 8 or 9 weeks from now lol.