Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343507 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1785 on: June 21, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »
And PEGI rated this 12. About the same, although I might think that "Teen" sounds like it's rated higher than PEGI's 12.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 21, 2016, 04:06:39 PM »
ESRB description of KOFXIV  has passed for the "T" for teen rating!

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34487

One female character's special attack depicts her pulling an opponent's face to her breasts.

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10192.html

Is this the one they are referring to?  ;)

https://twitter.com/aluoaniki/status/743649655473373184
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:10:04 PM by lfrd »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 21, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »

?!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:25:14 AM by videoman190 »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 22, 2016, 09:18:54 AM »
Hnghh, few stores in Finland have that steelbook edition (that ugly Kyo cover) on pre-order, slightly under 60 euros. I wonder do I have to resort to Amazon, if I want that Premium edition?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: June 22, 2016, 10:17:20 AM »
Hnghh, few stores in Finland have that steelbook edition (that ugly Kyo cover) on pre-order, slightly under 60 euros. I wonder do I have to resort to Amazon, if I want that Premium edition?
There's no Premium Edition for Europe, sadly. As usual, Europe at the end of the line is not getting anything. Just a Day One steelbox with that ugly render of Kyo and his classic costume DLC. No good cover art, no art book, no soundtracks..
An online petition has been created to try to get at least japanese cover art.
https://www.change.org/p/deep-silver-the-king-of-fighters-xiv-european-cover-artwork?recruiter=557694962&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: June 22, 2016, 11:02:52 AM »
Is the game region locked though? If not, it's easy to just order the u.s. version of the game via amazon.co.uk. I'll probably go that route so i do want to know.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 22, 2016, 11:10:45 AM »
Is the game region locked though? If not, it's easy to just order the u.s. version of the game via amazon.co.uk. I'll probably go that route so i do want to know.

Can you buy an USA game in amazon.co.uk? You probably will have to go to amazon.com. Yes, PS4 is region free, but to buy an USA game has 2 handicaps:
1-The time it take to arrive from USA. I wouldn't have the game at day 1 (probably a week later!!), and that's a drama.
2-If you buy an USA game you will need an USA account to buy any DLC. Not really big deal, but isn't very practical.

I really would like to have Atlus Premium Edition but I prefer to play EU version of the game. So, I'm planning to buy both. LOL.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:14:54 AM by Shiranui_ninja »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 22, 2016, 11:41:44 AM »
Amazon UK had Premium Edition listed, but the "Not on stock". I guess that's the Atlus' edition. I've seen some US imports and option to import there, when I was ordering Legend of Korra DVD's, so I guess you can buy US stuff from UK. I bought Euro versions of Korra though :)

I'm happy as long I can buy the game's soundtrack at least digitally later. CDs would be nice, but you can't get everything you want in life, eh? But that Kyo cover looks so ugly, like he has too much hair gel or that special gel from "There's Something About Mary" XD

I wonder why they don't highlight new protagonists. I know that Kyo is the poster boy, but I bet he isn't even closely the center of attention in this saga.

By the way, bit of an offtopic, but it seems that I must have an account to Shoryuken forum to view it? I liked reading stuff there, but I'm not ready to commit myself to that forum :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:14:23 PM by Custle »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 22, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 22, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »
I wonder why they don't highlight new protagonists. I know that Kyo is the poster boy, but I bet he isn't even closely the center of attention in this saga.

By the way, bit of an offtopic, but it seems that I must have an account to Shoryuken forum to view it? I liked reading stuff there, but I'm not ready to commit myself to that forum :)

Apparently the latest Famitsu article mentions that Tung and Mian's teams are important to the story.

And yeah, SRK started requiring people to log in a week or so ago. No idea why.

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 22, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »
When will the KOF XIV arcade stick be available?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 22, 2016, 04:46:38 PM »
Apparently the latest Famitsu article mentions that Tung and Mian's teams are important to the story.
I think is more like Sylvie's team, since she appear to be the leader of the team or its main character.

When will the KOF XIV arcade stick be available?
25th August.
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/es/ps3-accesorios/19030-the-king-of-fighters-xiv-official-stick-ps3ps4-brand-new-es-4961818026414.html

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: June 22, 2016, 05:18:32 PM »
CEO Schedule. June 24 6 PM & June 25 2 PM (EDT)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 22, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »
There's no Premium Edition for Europe, sadly. As usual, Europe at the end of the line is not getting anything. Just a Day One steelbox with that ugly render of Kyo and his classic costume DLC. No good cover art, no art book, no soundtracks..
An online petition has been created to try to get at least japanese cover art.
https://www.change.org/p/deep-silver-the-king-of-fighters-xiv-european-cover-artwork?recruiter=557694962&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

OMG that box art isn't appealing to anybody, I'll will sign that petition no problem whatsoever. That cannot be the art work they where planning on shipping out to the consumer. The Japanese cover is so much better.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 22, 2016, 07:43:18 PM »
I signed it too. Not that I think they'll change it, but that would be one of the ugliest covers on my game shelf. Too bad everyone who reads those comments will know my real name, but whatever.