Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343394 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1875 on: June 30, 2016, 07:12:48 PM »

It's out
https://youtu.be/s9_ZQIkI6po

I see what you meant shiranui ninja I had to delete my previous post as had problem with double posts

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 30, 2016, 07:24:26 PM »
Zarina uses capoeira and doesn't use her toucan. Also, one of her moves is Elena's Rhino Horn.

Kinda disappointing compared to other newcomers.

I think she's the team leader and not Nelson.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 30, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »

Bandeiras Hattori – A self-trained ninja who practices the legitimately dangerous art of, uh, Brazilian ninjutsu (not to be confused with Brazilian jiu-jitsu!). Basically, Bandeiras is a 100% certified Brazilian ninja who wants to win the tournament to earn respect and get students for his dojo.

Zarina – The savior of rain forests! She wants to raise money and awareness for the environment, and has zero issues beating up competitors in the name of nature. Zarina will dazzle opponents with her acrobatic Capoeira fighting style and is a strong member of this team. Oh, she’s also bringing along her adorable toucan friend Coco.

Nelson – The boxing prodigy who wants to punch his way to the top in order to raise money for a loved one. He lost one of his arms in an accident, but was lucky enough to receive a mysterious cybernetic replacement that you could say gives him the upper hand during fights. With his fancy footwork and nasty hooks, Nelson will be a difficult opponent for anyone.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/06/king-fighters-xiv-south-america-team-gameplay-trailer#oYj0HAXhMxJEAXxI.99

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 30, 2016, 09:53:05 PM »
Zarina doesn't look to exciting to the eye gameplay wise but she sure looks good as a character design. Capoeira fighters usually use long leg techniques and trickery to gain the upper hand. I wonder what ways she has to open people up.

As long as she plays well, that's all that matters really. I feel she seems shallow just because Bandeiras & Nelson and others seem like better character designs. But I'm sure people will warm to her. Competing with a friggin cool ninja and a badass boxer seems unfair.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 30, 2016, 11:43:13 PM »
Pure garbage. That music will make me ragequit and Zarina playstyle and personality looks terribly boring. I will have to try her out to see if she's actually fun but that trailer didn't do her any favours aside from showing that her outfit looks good-ish.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 01, 2016, 12:01:19 AM »
I'm not as excited for Zarina as some of the other new characters, but I'm ok with the design and fighting. Feels like she would've been best described as fighting "off-the-ground" most of the time instead of "in-the-air," as that would convey being not too high up during a lot of her attacks. While I'm a little sad that the toucan wasn't really utilized, I'm glad she didn't become anywhere close to copying Nakoruru and Mamahaha.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

CallMeTetris

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 01, 2016, 03:10:59 AM »
I'm pretty happy with Zarina, albeit not really impressed. I was hoping for a capoeira character, I got a capoeira character, so no complaints. Just kinda wish she stood out more, as it is she's not really doing much we haven't seen with other characters in other games.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 01, 2016, 03:37:53 AM »
Bios are up:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/teams/southamerica.php

Yeah, Team Brazil.

Can't they clarify who's team leader? I keep flip-flopping between Nelson and Zarina.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:41:44 AM by marchefelix »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 01, 2016, 10:09:05 AM »
Capoeira it is. Bit generic choice, but will Zarina be popular enough appear in future games. At least I liked her, although she farted flowers it seems....

I liked the team's theme, very carnival feeling or very hype football match.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 01, 2016, 10:16:02 AM »
I don't like Zarina at all. The most interesting character of this team is Bandeiras to me.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 01, 2016, 12:59:24 PM »

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 01, 2016, 03:26:14 PM »
The most complete capoeria character ive seen is Eddy Gordo, but thats mainly because they motion-captioned  Mestre Barrao, who comes from an extensive lineage of (Brasilian) Capoeria masters.  I really like Elena but Kenyans dont do capoeria (weird country choice form Capcom).

Sorry for getting off track. Zarina looks ok, it could be allot worse (like having momoko back). Im interested in how she will play with the new system and the properties of her moves.  I hope they change the farting flowers super, however. Desmond stated shes a grown up momoko so shes not going to be utterly silly. I think this would have been a great chance to being back Bob Wilson. Out of all of them, Im more interested in Nelsons gameplay.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 01, 2016, 05:27:37 PM »
Bios are up:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/teams/southamerica.php

Yeah, Team Brazil.

Can't they clarify who's team leader? I keep flip-flopping between Nelson and Zarina.

I think it is Zarina. The music and stage just fits her the most out of the team.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 01, 2016, 05:43:12 PM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 02, 2016, 03:16:07 PM »
I watched some of those Atlus' E3 exchibitoin matches. Kukri looked so dirty, now I'm kinda intrested :)
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?