Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343715 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1920 on: July 08, 2016, 03:39:15 AM »
Bios are up:

https://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/teams/mexico.php

There's some neat stuff in there. Angel's fighting style has a name. Vanessa is apparently a mentor to Ramon. And KOD's bio is just LOL.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: July 08, 2016, 07:27:55 AM »
Bios are up:

There's some neat stuff in there. Angel's fighting style has a name. Vanessa is apparently a mentor to Ramon. And KOD's bio is just LOL.

I understand it that bio entry means that he likes the mask and Vanessa. I also understand that it could mean that Vanessa is Ramon's mentor.

So Angel's style is called Perfunctory. I wonder does K' still use Pure Violence....
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 08, 2016, 07:37:15 AM »
Tiz- I mean, King of Dinosaurs gets called out xD

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: July 08, 2016, 04:18:32 PM »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 08, 2016, 04:29:42 PM »
Awesome trailer, all three characters look fantastic.

Ramon's design refresh is so good, he was one of my mains in 02 and I'm loving what they have done with him here. His CDM is pretty sweet.

Angel is so hawt and her fighting style seems to be fully in tact. Dat CDM! So fitting for her flirtatious/troll personality.

Very high chance of them both ending up on my day 1 team.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:32:32 PM by Diavle »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: July 08, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »
I like the fact Angel and Ramon seem to be just like there 02 selves with tweaks to there moves. This is a great sign as they are well designed characters and I'm glad they aren't trying to redesign them.

After all they have made enough new characters to go around.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: July 08, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »
Well, this happened to me https://twitter.com/RaivokasMagma/status/751466596342894593

When I move to my new apartment, then I'm going to pre-order KOF XIV. Soon after the release, school is going to start, so do I have the time to play is another thing. New life situation for me, properly out of my childhood home and higher level of studies...
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

CallMeTetris

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: July 09, 2016, 04:45:27 AM »
Loving Angel, I'm pretty new to KoF in general but she does indeed look like her old self, definitely gonna be a main for me just like i planned. I do wish her climax would have been the full People's Elbow again, but oh well....

Ramon's looking great too!

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: July 09, 2016, 03:55:49 PM »
Mai is in DOA 5. What a time to be alive.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: July 09, 2016, 04:16:38 PM »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: July 09, 2016, 04:56:45 PM »
Congrats Custle on your purchase!! Good to know you're all set to buy and play KOF14.

Promotions for this game are literally making me go to the lab and test characters I had barely (or never) used in previous KOFs. Ramon is one of them, I spent a lot of time in 2000 training mode -I wanted to begin with his first incarnation- using only him yesterday and I had so much fun, I'll be happy to test him properly in XIV as well.
Angel has People's Elbow as a SDM instead of her Climax, but still, it looks impactful enough to me now that I can see the full move, so I won't complain anymore. Her Climax takes her flirty persona to a whole new level, I had such a good laugh out of it xD
KoD? We've already seen so much of him, but seeing him in his team trailer is good for sure. So much armor :D I've read complaints about him being unbearably slow, I hope SNK fixed this before submitting KOF14 to the ESRB (well, there's still the day one patch) because you can definitely tell they had a lot of fun designing his moves, it'd be so sad if he didn't come across players as a fun character to use against human opponents.

Mai in DoA5LR is something great, I can't wait to see how her fighting style will get adapted to a 3D fighter. Nippon Ichi!! Looking forward to the KOF costumes too ^^ I'm really happy about this collaboration. I wonder who wanted it first, SNK or Team Ninja?

Seeing a 48 character build being demoed is some great stuff, I'm glad such devkits are already around.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:03:30 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: July 09, 2016, 09:31:32 PM »
Oda's presentation of the 48 character build. Thanks to Shinblaze for the upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgXF07MBurY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhTzvwmcSZc

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: July 09, 2016, 09:51:49 PM »
Bios are up:

I understand it that bio entry means that he likes the mask and Vanessa. I also understand that it could mean that Vanessa is Ramon's mentor.

So Angel's style is called Perfunctory. I wonder does K' still use Pure Violence....

No, you're right. The mask and Vanessa are two separate things. I didn't realize it until now.

Maybe they should've used a semicolon.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: July 10, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »
Good job SNK on making me literally die to play KOFXIV. Too bad Mature's Climax wasn't shown, maybe SNK is waiting for the KOF Station episode featuring her to show it fully?

Right now, I'm 99.9% happy with how the game turned out, 0.1% being that characters seem to have just one winpose besides the "match won" pose -except Benimaru and maybe Shun'ei, I'm sure I spotted the beginning of Benimaru's "Thank You!!" pose in some stream and I think I saw Shun'ei starting a different pose than the "demon hands" once-, but it's just me nitpicking. I'm sure I'll have tons of fun with this title.

I like how they changed the 2P VS icon from "Team Fatal Fury VS. Team K'" to Team FF VS. Team South Town, a nice touch.

I like how Zarina is dancing samba in her stance. I know a proper capoeira stance would look more appealing to a lot of people, but this fits her character better IMO.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:14:36 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: July 10, 2016, 06:29:44 PM »
I compiled a list of the stage names from the presentation:

Japan - Neo Esaka
Yagami - Industrial Area
Fatal Fury - Navajoland
Art of Fighting - Maple Garden
Kim - Hotel Marine Paradise
Villains - Underground Prison
Official Invitation - Masquerade
South America - Iguazu Falls
Mexico - Guanajuato Dynamite Ring
South Town - Geese Tower
China - The Great Wall of China
Psycho Soldier - The Bund
Ikari - Heidern Fleet
Another World - Dream World
K' - Derelict Church
Women Fighters - Old Castle
Antonov - Antonov Super Arena
Training Stage

It doesn't look like the final boss will have his own stage. Unless it has to be unlocked, he'll probably share his stage with Antonov.