Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343328 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #2040 on: July 19, 2016, 10:45:50 PM »
https://youtu.be/0qT-Hc2SuW0

Team China trailer. That came out of nowhere.

Maybe they're speeding things up? After the latest KOF station video we saw everyone, so I think they're just putting everything out there since they no longer have any surprises on the roster front.

At least the final team trailer won't come out after the gane's released anymore.

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 19, 2016, 11:31:08 PM »

Gang-Il  and some jiggle in his muscles.

.. .

Can you still not test meatys in the game?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 19, 2016, 11:36:23 PM »
For anyone having issues with downloading the demo here is the solution.  Use your pc or cell phone to go to the psn store website. Purchase the demo through the website and select the download to ps4 option.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 19, 2016, 11:45:10 PM »
Meitenkuns moveset looks pretty good. Who'd a thunk it? I still don't like Shun'ei but whatever.

Give Mai some time. In 13 she was easy to pick up because of good normals and movement and hard to develop because there weren't many directions for her to go. Hopefully there is more room for her to grow in 14. I'm already sure that she will have better non-corner combos and she has reversal moves in this game. The lack in these departments together in 13 meant that you could disrespect her and unless she was fully loaded or had you in the corner, you could do so with little fear. I think she lost her wonderful far D and with you saying that her ryuuenbus are worse, perhaps she isn't supposed to zone like she did in 13?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 20, 2016, 08:29:09 AM »
I can't practice meaty set-ups with 1-guard-jump in this game. The cpu now auto-guard in standing and crouch position when it is set to 1 guard-jump.

OK. I've figured out a way to test out my meaty setups. I use the jumping option and use recording to test them.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 20, 2016, 01:27:39 PM »
Maybe they're speeding things up? After the latest KOF station video we saw everyone, so I think they're just putting everything out there since they no longer have any surprises on the roster front.

At least the final team trailer won't come out after the gane's released anymore.
Doesn't the final boss have yet to be revealed?

Mekikung

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53:34 AM »
I'm really disapointed with Mai.

Is bad, really bad. People say she's better than in XIII. I disagree. She can connect anything. Nor Advanced Cancels, nor Climax Cancels. She suffered a lot the removal of drive cancel system. She can no longer finish her combos with air grab. It wasn't big thing but it was fun to do it. Musasabi charge can not be canceled anymore in the air. Now is only for escape and is very slow. Ryuenbu's hitboxes are even worst than in XIII, Musasabi Mai in air is useless, bad strings... So, yeah basically Mai is useful for spamm Kachosens and punish jumps with Climax. Nothing more. SNK just didn't put any kind of effort in Mai. Only in her breasts jiggling.

dude , Mai can cancel jump a and jump c to Ukihane and then musasabi no mai . (in 13 u can do it with jump b and d they change it to a and c in 13) . and now with her new super Kagero no Mai , u can do great damage while mid screen and last thing some combo finish with air grab look at this

https://twitter.com/discovigilante/status/755982665182961664

ps. her Musasabi no Mai EX have invicible for projectile

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: July 21, 2016, 09:33:27 AM »
I saw Reynald's Gang-Il on Twitch archives and holy shit, he's so good! I probably won't even touch Kim now that he's around :P

Mian doesn't look like she'll be that good. Most people just wanted to do Choi tactics with her, and it was probably for a reason.

I knew Xanadu would play weird but I'd at least expect them to be the kind of weird that clicks. Instead we get weird in its purest form and I don't think it's gonna do him any favors.

I can already tell Meitenkun is going to be wicked.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:35:40 AM by marchefelix »

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: July 21, 2016, 10:47:35 AM »
Keep your hopes up man; when the demo first came out I think a lot of people were convinced Mai was bad, as she still probably isn't the best but people have found some pretty damn good tech. Once we can take Xanadu and Mian to the lab, we'll see what they can do.
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 21, 2016, 12:35:08 PM »
I'm really disapointed with Mai.

Is bad, really bad. People say she's better than in XIII. I disagree. She can connect anything. Nor Advanced Cancels, nor Climax Cancels. She suffered a lot the removal of drive cancel system. She can no longer finish her combos with air grab. It wasn't big thing but it was fun to do it. Musasabi charge can not be canceled anymore in the air. Now is only for escape and is very slow. Ryuenbu's hitboxes are even worst than in XIII, Musasabi Mai in air is useless, bad strings... So, yeah basically Mai is useful for spamm Kachosens and punish jumps with Climax. Nothing more. SNK just didn't put any kind of effort in Mai. Only in her breasts jiggling.

dude , Mai can cancel jump a and jump c to Ukihane and then musasabi no mai . (in 13 u can do it with jump b and d they change it to a and c in 13) . and now with her new super Kagero no Mai , u can do great damage while mid screen and last thing some combo finish with air grab look at this

https://twitter.com/discovigilante/status/755982665182961664

ps. her Musasabi no Mai EX have invicible for projectile

I was unfair with my first impressions about XIV's Mai, is true. But in XIII Mai could cancel Musasabi Charge in Ukihane or normal air hit. I used that for combos after launching a Kachosen. it was like a very large jump. And i loved to finish some basic corner combos with air grab. Now is almost impossible. But is ok. I have been descovering things in training and watching combo videos and she has a lot of stuff. Like Musasabi charge EX, which can combo after EX Kachousen. One of my favourites combos.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: July 21, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »
Ok, if you use C+D, then B+C, you chase the opponent all the way across the screen. You can then start a combo, I recommend to use a long distant attack like kyo cA, df+D starter.

Also a combo around half screen from the corner. Kyo example, sC, df+D, B+C, C+D, hyper hop, C, to start a combo.

Not to hard to do either, I have videos but my T.V kind of blew up lol....  :(

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 21, 2016, 02:10:57 PM »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: July 21, 2016, 04:33:28 PM »
Keep your hopes up man; when the demo first came out I think a lot of people were convinced Mai was bad, as she still probably isn't the best but people have found some pretty damn good tech. Once we can take Xanadu and Mian to the lab, we'll see what they can do.

It's been days. Games grow for years. This is like with sf5. Everyone plays prior to release, tier lists are made, bullshit spewn and nothing of it matters half a year after release.

But yeah, characters who look bad may turn out to be good once we figure out what they actually do.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 22, 2016, 04:13:32 AM »

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 22, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »
Just a FYI, max mode bypass is in the demo despite it may have not been in during previous builds (Frionel mentioned it was not in some time back). Using bypass you can simplify some combos at the cost of some damage, or (the use I am currently searching for more of) use it to confirm off overheads, I E Sylvie f+B, confirm hit, qcf+BCD, qcfx2+p. you get a decent amount of time to confirm for a single hit and if successful you get 413 damage for two meters off confirmed overhead or 385 from max range.