Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343249 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #2100 on: August 05, 2016, 09:25:05 PM »
I would be embarrassed to work for team ninja on the breast physics department. Imagine going to your boss and saying how's these, bigger or smaller haha.

Leona isn't to jiggly, so no problem there.

21 more days for us EU peeps. US getting it a little sooner :(

Loving that Ikari team soundtrack. Sounds so anime, definitely one of the better tracks for XIV imo. 

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: August 05, 2016, 09:45:19 PM »
Nah it's not egregious or anything, just was expecting something diff. Is whatever.

And yeah, the song is hype. So many good songs this iteration :o Though, i hope they have a classic songs option like w/ 13. That'd be pretty sweet.

Song's being stage based will be a big boon. I'm gonna be glad to not have to listen to iori/karate's theme every other game, or namely whoever your point character is.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: August 05, 2016, 10:18:52 PM »
And yeah, the song is hype. So many good songs this iteration :o Though, i hope they have a classic songs option like w/ 13. That'd be pretty sweet.

Song's being stage based will be a big boon. I'm gonna be glad to not have to listen to iori/karate's theme every other game, or namely whoever your point character is.

Only theme i recall really liking is the saxophone theme wich is really sweet, then there's a bunch of fine to good ones and the odd stinker (south america). Seem pretty middle of the road to me. But i agree with you, optional tracks would be sweet and possibly getting more variation this time around should be nice.

All I say, it's okay to women be attractive, in a tasteful way.

Funnily enough that's a pretty judgemental position. I'm not saying that you mean anything bad with it or anything like that, but it should be fine for women to be sexy in whatever way they or anyone wants them to be, right? Live and let live you know.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:24:12 PM by The Fluke »

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: August 05, 2016, 11:34:58 PM »
Maybe Custle means stuff like making women weak and feeble or something. idk that seems kinda wrong sometimes... but maybe that's just me :/
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: August 06, 2016, 01:03:22 AM »
I'll just be that guy and say:

You may resume your regularly scheduled talk of combos, frame data, and the such.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:06:33 AM by marchefelix »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: August 06, 2016, 01:59:00 AM »
Maybe Custle means stuff like making women weak and feeble or something. idk that seems kinda wrong sometimes... but maybe that's just me :/

Yeah, the problem really lies in defining "tasteful". As i said, i don't mean that he/she meant anything bad. But if you think about it, who determines what's tasteful? There are clearly some things that most people will agree are tasteless, but where do you draw the line?

We don't need to find the line btw.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: August 06, 2016, 07:18:22 AM »
Like I said, this subject is such a minefield :)

I'm digging the soundtrack. Iori team's theme sounds like Bold & Beautiful (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPNntaTAo-w). Only real stinker is Tung's team's theme. Only thing I find intresting is that it uses melody from Tung's Fatal Fury theme. Overall, soundtrack has same qualities that made 2000's and XI's soundtrack so enjoyable: More upbeat feel.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: August 06, 2016, 08:33:55 AM »
Fo sho. And like Felix says, long live boobs.

I kinda like Team China's theme; it's definitely thematic though it's not too intense, which can feel weird fighting too. The Official Invitation theme with Sylvie is so strange too lol. Makes her kinda scary; like she has some untapped potential. Somehow i feel she's a robot or something like that...
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: August 08, 2016, 01:14:50 AM »
I really like the opening to psycho soldier theme. Also what I've heard of Antonov's theme is badass. Think this is the best sax theme yet too.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: August 08, 2016, 02:53:29 AM »
The most I can hope for in most fighting games is for the music to not drive me bonkers. 3rd Strike and MvC2 are good examples of soundtracks that are so annoying that it actually hurts my experience with them. Guilty Gear and Killer Instinct are really the only ones that have a soundtrack I really like.

Thankfully, most KOF music is either decent enough, or forgettable enough, that it's never bothered me.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: August 08, 2016, 04:48:22 AM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: August 08, 2016, 07:37:23 AM »
Weird, I fell in love with SNK thanks to diverse style of musics in their games, although different games has focus on certain genre.

Personally I've never understood appeal of Guilty Gear soundtracks. In general I'd say metal doesn't really work in video games. Guilty Gear has this problem, that it is really neutral sounding. It's just background noise to me. Just by listening soundtracks, I'd say that Korean soundtrack of X2 #Reload is better sounding, but I don't know how well they work in-game. Korean OST sounds more video game-y.

Personal surprise for me has been musics in Dead or Alive. I don't know what exactly I find appealing in them.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: August 08, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »
I think metal is very appropriate for fast, over the top gameplay of something like guilty gear. I especially like it in Xrd when I do Sol's dragon install and the music kicks over to some hard hitting thrash for the rest of the round.

I mention killer instinct not just because it's theme is so classic, but because the music changes dynamically as the round gets more intense. More fighting games should follow killer instinct's example.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:24:19 PM by MetalThrashingMadman »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: August 09, 2016, 06:33:20 PM »

https://youtu.be/2R0kXdGn3VA
7pm JST, August 19th, a real KoF XIV DREAMMATCH.

Justin Wong (?!) and Sako VS GO1 and Ogawa, live on SNK's official Twitch Channel.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:21:32 PM by videoman190 »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: August 10, 2016, 07:24:43 PM »
There's also a new kof station 3 due to arrive soon. Wonder what they will show, I hope to see a little Antonov.