Author Topic: KoF Frame Data App: Scan Question  (Read 6504 times)

Swamp

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
KoF Frame Data App: Scan Question
« on: October 12, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »
I want to make a frame data app sometime next year for KoF '98 (OG/UM/UMFE) , KoF '02 (OG/UM) , and KoF XI, but I can't much frame data online.

I was linked to this site, as well as Shoryuken. Both have some info on 13, but not much on 98/02/XI.

I DID, however, find a valuable scan from Nameless's wiki here:

Does anyone know what book that came from? I'm down to find it and buy it. Thanks in advance!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KoF Frame Data App: Scan Question
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 11:28:16 AM »
If you reverse search that image a lot of DC wiki pages pop up and the word "Mook". Seems to be what you are looking for.

Here

And Here

The last link check the lowest part "The King of Fighters Character Encyclopaedia", but more than likely you should click on the series individually there and check out the fitting masters / conquerers guide for 98 2k2 or whatever.

Mooks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:41:07 AM by The Good Loser »

Swamp

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 12:45:51 PM »
Thanks for the info! I forgot about the reverse search feature.

I ended up randomly finding some info on the Mook guides earlier and just finished placing ebay orders. The guide that you linked me to is a gold mine for Mooks! I'm rolling the dice on the KoF guide book (there's 3, but I bought the "Technical Manual").

I'll post more info once the books arrive. Thanks again bro!

Swamp

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 10:29:26 AM »
Quick Question: Which move-name type would you guys prefer: English or Japanese?

I'm typing up a move-list onto a spreadsheet atm, and I've noticed that certain characters have different names for their moves, depending on the language.

Ex. Kyo's  ;dn ;df ;fd;a could either be "Wicked Chew" or "114 Shiki: Aragami "
     Rugal's  ;dn ;df ;fd;a or  ;c could either be a "Fire Ball" or "Reppuken"
"

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 06:23:36 PM »
If it went by me, Fireball lol (in general,  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a is the "Fireball" motion) but if you said Reppuken i think everyone would know what move that is haha

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »
I'm actually interested to know how "114 Shiki: Aragami" got translated to "Wicked Chew"... anyone?

Swamp

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »
I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I got four MOOKS from Japan! (98/98UM/XI/2002). The bad news; I can't find frame data information!

All of the data areas that are seen in the top post pic is used throughout all four books. It describes hit damage, rather than actual frames.

I'm lending the books to my friend, whose fluent in Japanese, in a few weeks. Hopefully my hypothesis is incorrect.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 08:11:24 AM »
I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I got four MOOKS from Japan! (98/98UM/XI/2002). The bad news; I can't find frame data information!

All of the data areas that are seen in the top post pic is used throughout all four books. It describes hit damage, rather than actual frames.

I'm lending the books to my friend, whose fluent in Japanese, in a few weeks. Hopefully my hypothesis is incorrect.

Hi. For 02UMT, maybe you can use this site: http://comesonobravo.jugem.jp/?eid=1638 It has frame data for most characters, if not all of them. It would be extremely useful for me and many people.

Swamp

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 01:09:39 AM »

Hi. For 02UMT, maybe you can use this site: http://comesonobravo.jugem.jp/?eid=1638 It has frame data for most characters, if not all of them. It would be extremely useful for me and many people.

Thanks for the information bro! I'll check it out over the weekend and see what info I can get out of it. My friend says that the books have damage charts, sadly.
_____

In other news, someone has found out how to gain access to the PS2 menu in KoF02UM. Doing so, gives access to color edit mode, which isn't working at the moment. From there, you can play KoF02.

Another guy has made a file that allows you to listen to the AST rather than the OST. Files are available for both KoF98UMFE and KoF02UM.

#Swag

Swamp

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 08:16:07 AM »
Hey guys! I just finished making a KoF98 move-list app for Android. I'll be adding Frame-Data, notes, and sample combos soon. Be sure to check it out and tell me what I can do to improve it (I can't use character images due to copyrights). Enjoy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swamp2k9.kingofmove