Author Topic: Tekken 7/Fated Retribution  (Read 8915 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Tekken 7/Fated Retribution
« on: January 11, 2016, 07:56:37 AM »
Ever since King of the Iron Fist Tournanent 2015, I've been very hyped about Tekken 7. And that update, Fated Retribution, with freaking Akuma! I can't wait for this to finally hit consoles! Whenever that is... Harada likes to troll us  :)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: Tekken 7/Fated Retribution
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:16:51 AM »
Finally! It's Nina! Better late than never but personally I think I waited too long.  ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qChnANFncY8

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 09:33:34 PM »
New details on Fated Retribution:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrpkt4OPOGo

Am I the only one in here who cares about Tekken 7?

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:18:41 AM »
I used to care, but then Tekken 6 happened and the franchise became nonsensical both in lore and gameplay. It was not until I found a cheat to disable bound and rage that I could enjoy it on the same level as Tekken 3. I wasn't a huge fan of Tekken 4 or 5 either, but more because they were overshadowed by 3. Tekken 2 still has my favorite presentation and roster. Tekken Tag 2 is a combination of my least favorite gameplay elements from the genre, so I find it very hard to enjoy.

I also used to care/love Soul Calibur, but then Slow Guest Calibur IV and Super Animu Calibur V: Broken & Barebones Edition happened. I am still so bitter about the direction they took Soul Calibur V, that Tekken 7's direction is a slap in the face. Also, I feel that Tekken 7: Fated Retribution should be renamed to Tekken 7: Fanime Reimagining to more accurately reflect the product. A dark and satisfying finale to the Mishima family drama it is not.

TL:DR I am just into Virtua Fighter 6 (idea) and King of Fighters XIV at the moment.

*Tekken Zaibatsu is where the fans hang and news are posted. If you desire only Tekken news Avoiding the Puddle has you covered.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:46:30 AM by TrueOrochi »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 08:02:22 AM »
Finally, after what seems like forever, they finally acknowledge the console version. No set release date but at least a general idea. Also, it's confirmed for PC.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDsNm02hPo

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »
Looked kinda badass, but I wonder will I like the gameplay... Also when it comes to lore, I was so underwhelmed, when I heard Paul spouting "I'm the toughest guy in the universe" in Tekken 5.

I think PC-version is nice, but track record of Japanese developers' PC ports ain't that great, but we'll see.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 11:42:25 PM »
Kinda curious why they would announce it on the xbox forum since the PS4 is going to be the one that would have possible cross platform play since they are using steam. Guessing PS4 was too busy? That and Microsoft wants to act like they give a crap about the FGC still.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 07:59:24 AM »
Well, Tekken 7 has store page on Steam and if there would be crossplay, it would be with PS4. Crossplay with Xbone would mean that game would be exclusive to that Windows 10 store thingie. Unless they make two different versions, Windows 10 Store with crossplay to Xbone and Steam with crossplay with PS4, but that would be expensive.

I think Namco has funds to implement crossplay, but I'd hold my horses for now.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 05:32:59 PM »
More then likely it's crossplay for PS4 - Steam or 3 Separate entities. There are rumors that companies can crossplay across consoles (at least Microsoft sounded open to the idea), but that sounded really far fetched. Considering Microsoft have shit on the FGC for a while now I just think Sony is the only company that's going to do anything here if they do.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 06:44:53 AM »
New characters confirmed. Bob is back and we're introduced to Master Raven, who's pretty much Rule 63 Raven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtYY18O4HjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQ5KZiOGoQ

acorn stairlift

• New Challenger
  • TETSUOOOOOO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 07:10:17 PM »
I've never played a Tekken game in life, but I'd like Tekken 7 to be my gateway into the franchise. Another great looking game to look forward to in 2017!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 06:36:31 PM »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 10:53:29 PM »