Pao Pao Cafe > Pro-Gear

Let's talk about sticks

(1/8) > >>

Shiranui_ninja:
I think it could be interesting to share opinions and experiences with console sticks.

I had a Hori 3 Fighting Stick (HFS3). I was pretty satisfied with that stick, but after 1 year two buttons start to miss when press... I had two options, fix it or buy a new stick. I decided bought a better stick, and I bought Hori Real Arcade Pro Stick V3-SA (RAP V3-SA)(the same that Kane won on NorCal Regionals 8 judging by the picture). I feel that stick totally different, is suuuuper sensitive (both stick and buttons). sometimes i have the feeling that I don't have the control. Buttons and stick are closer than HFS3 and I'm not sure if this is something good or not.. another thing I don't like is where start button is placed, too close to L1 button...
I would like to know Kane impressions if he tried out RAP V3-SA. Did I make a bad choice...?

About 4 gate or 8 gate... What do you think? I prefer 8 gate, I changed 4 gate in both sticks putting a 8 gate instead. But I read here that 4 gate is prefered (i know 4 gate is more usual in arcades). is there any reason?

jinxhand:
From my experience, 4 gate allows better buffering, and execution in some cases, especially when it comes to dp moves...

JeremyH:
Personally I play on a home made Korean Fantasia stick that works wonders for me, but it's always going to be personal preference.  Honestly making a stick yourself isn't that hard, but if I were to suggest anything I'd say go for the TE.  It's a really solid stick that you can many times find on sale (Usually they advertise sales during streams fyi).  They are pretty stable, not too costly, and you always have the side option of adding your own artwork. 

As far as what gate to play, when I play on Sanwas I prefer octo-gate, but most of the time that is when playing SF, in which I primarily play charge characters.  Personally I find it easier to make sure I hit the correct direction when I know exactly where it is, like making sure you are using charge b~f instead of charge b~d/f.  Again it's personal preference though, as some folks like to know they can immediately find the d/f when doing the dp motion (like above).  Honestly though you'll want to keep your motions short and precise in the long run, so either one can work once you've adjusted to it.

jinxhand:
What sites provide material so you can place your own artwork on the sticks??? I've been wanting to do this for a long time...

nilcam:

--- Quote from: jinxhand on November 24, 2010, 07:15:38 PM ---What sites provide material so you can place your own artwork on the sticks??? I've been wanting to do this for a long time...

--- End quote ---

What kind of stick do you have?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version