Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323472 times)

kin3tix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #1050 on: July 23, 2012, 12:00:03 AM »
Free play at Southtown Arcade tonight! $5 for a pass!

Is this going to be a regular thing?

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1051 on: July 23, 2012, 01:00:24 AM »
please say yes.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1052 on: August 07, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »
so there is a San Ramon scene, just sayin'.

maddcheddah

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 08, 2012, 06:03:37 PM »
Anyone besides me in Sac play KOF?

I might be moving to the sac area from socal for work. I'll link up with you guys as long as you're not serial butt rapist. :)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 09, 2012, 04:12:52 AM »
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/8/6/starbase-lost-in-space-sunday-august-12th-awarding-southtown.html

San Rafael is hosting KOF XIII tournaments. They usually use Xbox 360. If you're in the area and can get to starbase, show up this Sunday. If you usually go to STA, this is also an incentive to go because we share the same ranbat points.

Also, we're gonna try to do this every Friday when there's no ranbats to have freeplay fridays. If you guys are interested, stop by, we'd love to play anyone and everyone.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:41:38 AM by Reiki.Kito »

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 11, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
hey reiki are fridays the best day to show up then? any other weekly days that are good? im pretty far up north from the bay area, so its gonna cost me. >_< wanna make the most out of my trips, id hate to show up on a bad day.

do you guys think taking bus or train would be better than driving down there? im about 4 hours up north i think.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 11, 2012, 02:18:12 AM »
hey reiki are fridays the best day to show up then? any other weekly days that are good? im pretty far up north from the bay area, so its gonna cost me. >_< wanna make the most out of my trips, id hate to show up on a bad day.

do you guys think taking bus or train would be better than driving down there? im about 4 hours up north i think.

Uhm...If you carpool, you're more likely to have an easier time. You just don't want to be at the Mercy of the Amtrak or Greyhound station. Though, it takes 2 hours by Amtrak to get to Sacramento. If you're near there, take that. Forget about coming on Friday if it's a big stretch for you. You can always save that money to come to a tournament. There's one at Starbase in San Rafael this Sunday. I'm bringing a PS3 and monitor so there'll likely be a station for casuals. Come through!

If you want to come to STA just for practice, Fridays is your best bet or add me on facebook so I can add you to our arcade FB group.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 06, 2012, 04:27:18 AM »
Hi, is there any active players in the NorCal region (SoCal is fine too) mind meeting up for some offline matches and adding me in the meantime for some online matches as well. I'm trying to gather more and more people to play with so I can get exposed to the different play styles out there and hopefully improve my game.

It's so sad theres literally only like 1 or 2 rooms ever open whenever I go online and yet this is the only fighting game ever worth playing but so little people play/know about this game. I would really like to see this game grow

P.S. does anyone know if there is a kof scene in SJSU? If not I would more than love to start up a club or even an event of some sort on campus to get people into this game
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:40:26 AM by DCLam »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 06, 2012, 05:31:49 AM »
Hi, is there any active players in the NorCal region (SoCal is fine too) mind meeting up for some offline

There's a pretty sizable team of SoCal players down here, when do you plan on coming?

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1059 on: October 06, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »
P.S. does anyone know if there is a kof scene in SJSU?

you're in the SJ area? We're always looking for more people to play with! None of us go to SJSU (you should still pursue that idea though, the arcade scene there is alright) but if ever a session happens around here I'll hit you up.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 07, 2012, 01:09:50 AM »

There's a pretty sizable team of SoCal players down here, when do you plan on coming?

Haha it'd be nice if you could introduce me to the SoCal scene if ever I'm down there

you're in the SJ area? We're always looking for more people to play with! None of us go to SJSU (you should still pursue that idea though, the arcade scene there is alright) but if ever a session happens around here I'll hit you up.

Yes I'm from the South Bay area!! Just getting into the arcade scene too. I've made it a goal to tell at least 5 new people a day about this game whenever I'm down here on campus too! Would it be possible for us to exchange contact info through pm if you guys don't mind?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 07, 2012, 05:58:26 AM »
For the most part, the realm of KOF play down south is a blur to me. I don't hear as much about it along the grapevine. There's a lot of stuff that happens in San Francisco, 'specifically at Southtown Arcade. You should stop by sometime or during our tournament season (Which is over at the moment).

If you're up for a drive, Starbase Arcade has a KOF tournament called "Lost in Space" tomorrow, October 7th. The arcade's in San Rafael and we'll likely get started around 1PM. Entry is 7 dollars, parking's pretty easy on the street, and they have multiple stations so even if you just want to play casuals, participating will get you that with some pretty powerful competition.

Speaking of which, this is confirmed. On the 12th of October, Southtown Arcade will have atleast 2 stations for KOF set for free play. Entry is $5.00. The arcade is open from 5PM to 1AM so you can grind it out. If more people show up, we can get 3 stations. Please show your support for the game and the arcade by coming out to practice. Some familiar faces like El Gallo Negro and Fixel will be there as well so if you're looking for a challenge, those two will give it to you. I'll be there if you're up for a match or have any questions. I'm interested in packing the place with KOF participants and seeing new faces

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 13, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
Thanks to everyone that showed up. We had 11 people all together on two setups. We would have had more, but the staff were working on something and couldn't help us in time for the rush. This is a good start. Lets keep it up, especially you east bay folk.

Keep you guys posted if we have another one this coming Friday.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 14, 2012, 06:19:47 AM »
I think I'm getting a lot better at this game now haha I've been dieing to play this game offline I finally had a chance to!

Sucks I didn't get to play you Reiki, sorry I wish I coulda stayed for the whole night but it usually takes me about 1.5 hours to get back to SJ so had to leave quite early o well hopefully we get a chance to play if I'm down in sf again

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 18, 2012, 12:34:07 PM »
That'd be great! If you ever have a chance, you should hook up with Fatacon who lives down in San Jose.