Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

NorCal KOF!

Started by Tone, November 26, 2010, 03:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

That is awesome you have both configs! Not confirmed but I'll try to arrive between 12-2pm on Friday. If this changes I will update here the evening before.

Demoninja

Alright, I posted in our thread on SRK. I'll see how many people can make it that time. I just remembered I have something to do after class so I'll only be there from 1-2.

Edit: okay I just remembered, I don't have to go to English on Fri so I'll be there from 11-12 and 1-2 and 3+. Just an FYI, not a lot of people follow the ratio system so expect a lot of Shen, Kula, K'.

Ash

Don't worry, we don't follow the ratio system either, it was just for that tournament we had. By the way, what time does that place close?

Kane317

Quote from: Demoninja on February 16, 2011, 09:11:02 AM
Just an FYI, not a lot of people follow the ratio system so expect a lot of Shen, Kula, K'.

I keep hearing this misconception everywhere: the ratio system is arcade specific, and only used for specific pre-agreed tournaments, definitely not in casuals or some way of life/honor code.

Demoninja

Yeah, the way I saw it was that it was to reduce popular character usage at a specific arcade. If it was used here, Shen Kula and K would be 4s on a 6 point system. Literally everyone else is used by at least one person.

Kane317

Quote from: Demoninja on February 16, 2011, 09:06:58 PM
Yeah, the way I saw it was that it was to reduce popular character usage at a specific arcade. If it was used here, Shen Kula and K would be 4s on a 6 point system. Literally everyone else is used by at least one person.

Wow.  I can't wait to see some Chins and DLs pop up.

Demoninja

There's one person who uses Chin and a lot of people aka 3 or 4 that use DL a bit. Me being one of them.

quash

i probably won't be able to make it until the end of the month. but, i'll be sure to let you guys know when i do.
kof scrub in training

Ash

I just arrive in SF today. I'm confirming I'll be at Rack and Cue (tomorrow - Kane317) about from 11 - 3pm

Demoninja

Whoa, was this today? I left RnC at around 12 and didn't see anyone playing KoF. If it's for tomorrow, I'll be there for sure.

Edit: Didn't even really read your post and just posted haha. I get it.

Kane317

HaxMurderer

Hahaha I only got one match with Ash, was the dude with dreadlocks...also, sorry if I give crappy directions, being in that arcade too long always makes me forget where stuff is.

Demoninja

Hey Ash, ggs. Glad I stopped getting ocv'd after I came back from class haha. I was the one running DL, Shen Raiden. You gotta teach me some Shen stuff sometime.

Ash

Good games everyone! Wish I had more time to play with you guys. I see that you all have a lot of potential since you've only had the game for a couple of weeks. Next time we meet I expect to lose at least half the games. Keep up the good work and remember EPIC FINISH!

Kane317

Quote from: Ash on February 20, 2011, 01:27:10 AM
Keep up the good work and remember EPIC FINISH!

What does that even mean?