Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323522 times)

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #705 on: October 08, 2011, 06:15:55 AM »
Yeah, old patterns that work are a good stand-by but you should always be trying new things. I hijacked some strategies from Duc footage and my K' was actually holding its own against Jose and Geo. Now if I could only find some good high level Liz footage. -__-'
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 08, 2011, 06:49:58 AM »
Poke Isaiah or Christian. She has a lot of tricks and dumb things. Like for example her hop B works like K', it crosses you up at every given opportunity. In general, you can super off of any air-to-air so just work on doing it like it's the business.

New stuff with Elizabeth? You could try using her command grab. The normal one is pretty standard, but the EX one is pretty wonky. Check it out.

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 08, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
GGs today to D', his friend (forgot his name) and Fixel. Didn't mean to leave on Fixel after only three matches but I had to jet.
So hateful.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 08, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
Yeah, old patterns that work are a good stand-by but you should always be trying new things. I hijacked some strategies from Duc footage and my K' was actually holding its own against Jose and Geo. Now if I could only find some good high level Liz footage. -__-'

Any of the KCE or a-cho videos are a good start.  There's probably close to a hundred hours of footage in the video thread alone.

Tone

• New Challenger
  • tryin to stay hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 08, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »
gonna take it back to old school and print out a bunch of combo sheets for practice today, lol

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 08, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
I'll be sure to give you some space to practice.

Kaori Manabe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 08, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »
sigh seems like im gonna have no luck getting there today

anyone i know from the southbay isnt interested in going either :<

ill try again around in 2 weeks if i cant get there today

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 08, 2011, 10:35:01 PM »
sigh seems like im gonna have no luck getting there today

anyone i know from the southbay isnt interested in going either :<

ill try again around in 2 weeks if i cant get there today

That sucks...I'm sorry to hear that. You can't take Caltrain? It's a very good service and comes all the way down to San Jose. It's pretty cheap too. If you can't, I can understand. You should try next week though most definitely. We're having a tournament for XIII.

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 08, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
whats up guys!

I talked to hotpockets and he is down to come down to RAMnation in Fairfield Ca when XIII comes out so I'm just posting to let you guys know that ALL of you are more then welcome to come through and play with a bunch of us and help each other level up!

I believe I met a bunch of you at southtown at the last ranbat for XIII. well ill be in the next one for sure!

glad to finally join the thread and see you guys at southtown real soon!

People that play kof at ramntion usually are

Soulstar
Tone!
myself

there are a bunch of others who play as well but they dont post on forums or anything like that but they are good.

-RAM

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:17:55 PM by Tyram »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 08, 2011, 11:23:37 PM »
whats up guys!

I talked to hotpockets and he is down to come down to RAMnation in Fairfield Ca when XIII comes out so I'm just posting to let you guys know that ALL of you are more then welcome to come through and play with a bunch of us and help each other level up!

I believe I met a bunch of you at southtown at the last ranbat for XIII. well ill be in the next one for sure!

glad to finally join the thread and see you guys at southtown real soon!

People that play kof at ramntion usually are

Soulstar
Tone!
myself

there are a bunch of others who play as well but they dont post on forums or anything like that but they are good.

-RAM

Welcome to the forums Tyram, I believe I heard you on the stream last ranbats.  I always wonder what RAMnation was, are you the owner or something?  Anyways, make sure you introduce yourself properly at the Meet and Greet section.   See you at SCR! ;)

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 09, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »
Welcome aboard Ram! I know Thrust has been goin in on some KOF too so I'll try to drag him out there too.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 09, 2011, 01:13:25 AM »
Ramnation goes down in Tyram's garage or something I believe. I haven't been there personally but I'm looking to make the trek one of these days, maybe when Chris goes.

chrischunli

• New Challenger
  • Chris-tan
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 09, 2011, 04:46:36 AM »
I've always wanted to go to ramnation too lol.  Do they play 2k2um there or something?

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 09, 2011, 06:56:26 AM »
thnx guys for the welcome! I'm glad to be here!

RAmnation is held at my house in my garage EVERY friday night in Fairfield CA! we start around 9 pm and end at around 3 am. sometimes we have a live stream via FinestKO but recently we haven't had a stream but whatever.

RAMnation
2428 Sunrise dr.
Fairfield CA 94533

we play kof 2k2UM and kofxi if people bring it! we have held 2 kof2k2um tourneys in the past and if more people come i would be down to run another one again!

I hope some of you come and check us out. I have plenty of CRT's so just bring a set up if you want to.

Everyone is welcome to come no worries!!!!!!!!!!!

-RAM

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 09, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
RAMMMMM  ;)

Been planning to make it out to the 'nation for Marvel, maybe I can come for console release with Biki/Hotpockets.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:31:32 PM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia