Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323422 times)

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2011, 04:24:10 AM »
I think we have a very healthy attitude towards newcomers haha. None of us straight whoop on newcomers. The only people I play seriously against are mashers who move the whole CP. Like when someone new comes to play I'll ask if it's okay if I play, pick chars I don't usually play, and offer advice to them afterwards.

@jts If you have to make an hour drive to get here let me know when you come. I'm sure the few of us who play will make an effort to be there if you are gonna travel that far.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2011, 07:23:17 AM »
I might be there tomorrow Demon Ninja.  I'm going to San Fransisco and my first stop is the campus to play some KOF XIII.  First time to finally play it after hearing about it.  I should take pictures of it for Dreamcancel LOL.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2011, 07:53:44 AM »
Ah tomorrow's not a good day for me haha. I have class from 9-1 and 2-3 so I'll only be down there from 1-2. Got stuffs to do after too but I'm sure you'll find some people to play against.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2011, 08:32:33 AM »
1-2?  That's around the time I'll be getting there so that would work out I think.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
I'll be there tomorrow, pretty  much 10-1

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »
Quash, you are everywhere. I started playing VF5 and I saw you on vf.com haha.

why are you playing vf now? you're like, three years late to the party. the only people that will even play in this half of the state are me and renzo.

When are you ghere on the weekends? I'm usually there from like 12 to 2 on Sat.

next weekend (15th/16th) i plan to be there most of friday afternoon/evening and all day saturday.

oh, and if there's a spot in the cafeteria with a power outlet, i'll bring my laptop so people can watch a-cho vids and stuff, since i have them all on my hard drive.
kof scrub in training

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2011, 12:05:04 AM »
Haha just playing VF with friends. It's all good since none of us plan to be any good. Okay we can get some games in cause I'm at school pretty late on Fridays and I usually show up on Sat to get my training room on. There's been this one dude trying to get into KoF and I usually help him out a bit on Sat.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2011, 07:59:16 AM »
I got like seven matches in.  Fun games.  Didn't know who I played, but it was fun.  Too bad the drive over there is like two or three hours to and back.  So driving 4-6 hours is impractical. 

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2011, 09:21:43 AM »
I'm in Sacramento, attending Sac State living at the dorms.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2011, 07:01:39 AM »
@jts If you have to make an hour drive to get here let me know when you come. I'm sure the few of us who play will make an effort to be there if you are gonna travel that far.

Sweet, man, thank you very much for that!!  Will definitely let you know next time!!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2011, 05:46:56 AM »
So is anyone from SoCal actually thinking about showing up for the tourny? It's not gonna be that big I think because there's gonna be another one going down that same a few hours away. I think that one is going to be bigger cause it has that Marvel.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
LoL they actually picked a contested day? Damn the new poolboss is blowing it big time. Fuck it, it's a KOFXIII tournament, anyone interested show up. I'm not gonna say fuck Marvel, or that KOF is better, but if you have an interest do yourself a favor.

Yeah judging by the lukewarm response on SRK I'm not expecting a lot of people even with AE...it kinda seems like everyone's soured on it...but what do I know I don't play AE.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
So is anyone from SoCal actually thinking about showing up for the tourny? It's not gonna be that big I think because there's gonna be another one going down that same a few hours away. I think that one is going to be bigger cause it has that Marvel.

Probably not

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2011, 07:43:07 PM »

Probably not

SURPRISE! 

Or is it...?

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:08 PM »
Well to be fair this date was picked first and the place in Davis announced their tourney. I'm gonna be at this one for sure. AE is definitely getting more love since it was officially announced for consoles.