Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323450 times)

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »
REVALATIONS WOULD BE SICK!! I have to check my schedule for sure.  And Lawrence, my friend down there might be up here when we go lol.  I don't know, however, since he IS taking summer school.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:30 PM »
REVALATIONS WOULD BE SICK!! I have to check my schedule for sure.  And Lawrence, my friend down there might be up here when we go lol.  I don't know, however, since he IS taking summer school.

Paul!  I know you're busy pushing the local event at your buddy's place but how's the XIII frontier doing?  I remember when you were down here for that week you said you can't wait till it's up in your area--we're counting on you to push that scene forward!

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2011, 11:17:34 PM »
I was talking to quash the other day, apparently a XIII cab will be present at Fanime. Basically, OH SHIT.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »
Paul!  I know you're busy pushing the local event at your buddy's place but how's the XIII frontier doing?  I remember when you were down here for that week you said you can't wait till it's up in your area--we're counting on you to push that scene forward!

I'm planning on going to Southtown Arcade sometime in the upcoming weekends to see what's up.  The general consensus is that people are waiting to see how the console version turns out.  Until that happens, players are pretty much only looking at the mainstream games.  It also doesn't help that AE will be out next month, and most people going to the arcades are there to play AE.  I would like to be proven wrong, but somehow I doubt the KOF population increased any with this new arcade.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:01:02 AM by Ash Riot »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2011, 12:09:25 AM »
I was talking to quash the other day, apparently a XIII cab will be present at Fanime. Basically, OH SHIT.

The XIII cab will be the from from SFSU.

Paul!  I know you're busy pushing the local event at your buddy's place but how's the XIII frontier doing?  I remember when you were down here for that week you said you can't wait till it's up in your area--we're counting on you to push that scene forward!

I'm planning on going to Southtown Arcade sometime in the upcoming weekends to see what's up.  The general consensus is that people are waiting to see how the console version turns out.  Until that happens, players are pretty much only looking at the mainstream games.  It also doesn't help that AE will be out next month, and most people going to the arcades are there to play AE.  I would like to be proven wrong, but somehow I doubt the KOF population increased any with this new arcade.

I've talked to my friend who's a regular there. There's some new blood there and the way he talks it seems like they don't even want to get better. I'll be there on Friday and I'll update then. Many of my friends are waiting for console and I've been pushing for them to come to the arcade so I can show em some stuff but they're not down with it yet.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2011, 12:20:19 AM »

The XIII cab will be the from from SFSU.

I'm planning on going to Southtown Arcade sometime in the upcoming weekends to see what's up.  The general consensus is that people are waiting to see how the console version turns out.  Until that happens, players are pretty much only looking at the mainstream games.  It also doesn't help that AE will be out next month, and most people going to the arcades are there to play AE.  I would like to be proven wrong, but somehow I doubt the KOF population increased any with this new arcade.

I've talked to my friend who's a regular there. There's some new blood there and the way he talks it seems like they don't even want to get better. I'll be there on Friday and I'll update then. Many of my friends are waiting for console and I've been pushing for them to come to the arcade so I can show em some stuff but they're not down with it yet.

Yeah it's an uphill battle building a scene but it really just starts with finding one extra person who wants to learn the game and just spending time helping them.  If anyone just found one extra person in the next few months the scene will grow exponentially. =)

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2011, 12:58:21 AM »
wish there was a cab in the south bay. :( if there was only a way to replace bb at any of the south bay golflands...

i guess fanime will have to do though. i'll probably be there saturday and that's it. you can find me in front of the xiii cab and maybe the bathroom.
kof scrub in training

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2011, 01:13:24 AM »
Don't worry, NorCal. I'm bringing 3 new people to Southtown in June.

I'd rather you guys come to SFSU instead of Southtown (:

I'll go wherever the scene is bigger.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:05:23 AM by Kane317 »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2011, 01:18:08 AM »
4K for a XIII kit through CoinOp Express. Let's buy one and hole it up at Edgie's.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2011, 01:25:41 AM »
I'd rather you guys come to SFSU instead of Southtown (:

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2011, 01:26:07 AM »
lol @ Edgie's. Hella asian. Would love to see a South Bay cab though. I'd be there as often as I could. To be honest, if I was employed, I would pitch in to buy a cab even knowing that I wouldn't own it.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2011, 01:39:26 AM »
not even joking about Edgie's haha, open 'till 4AM Fridays. I was trying to see if I could get '98 and '02 carts installed in their Neo as a donation but they're renting it so they can't mess with it. I'll ask the owner next time.

ditto re: pitching in. I don't care, I'd put down as much as 500 if not more. I'm getting a raise soon B).

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:33 AM »
Last Friday the XIII cab got some serious love, a lot of SFSU regulars showed up plus some new faces. We're making some good headway in terms of hyping the game up but I think right now it entirely depends on the handful of us who're willing to go to Southtown and/or SFSU and strut our stuff for the lookie-loos. Hopefully when console comes out people will be more willing to step up but right now the skill curve is going to be pretty steep between new players and the rest of us.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2011, 04:10:41 AM »
Don't worry man, I'm pulling out the big combos every time I get the chance. Console is gonna hype up the game for sure and it'll drop the price to 25 cents for the few of us who play right now.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2011, 04:36:26 AM »
So I got sometime to check out Southtown. There's two or three mexican dudes who play down there and everyone else is a regular at SFSU as well. I don't think that's all the new players that came with the new arcade. That grew the kof community a bit!