Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323609 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2011, 10:56:36 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you there!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:57 AM »
Good representing DC well Fatacon, Demoninja and Reiki, we've been watching you guys live.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2011, 06:26:43 AM »
HaxMurderer was there too as hotpockets and Tone who started this thread was there too! We had a lot of old and new faces showed up. Sorry the commentary was very wacky, but we had a lot of random people drop in and get on the mic. It was crazy! However, we ran it pretty well and hope you all enjoyed it!

I did terrible though.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2011, 06:34:41 AM »
Nice show guys. My ears nearly died at times from the commentators screaming, but it was fun to watch.

Haunts is going to be tops at XIII!!!!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2011, 07:41:30 AM »
I did better during casuals ): All jokes aside I think I did decent considering I haven't played in like 2-3 months. Next week I'll be back after hitting the lab for a bit! It was a pretty good showing with a full 16 person bracket.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2011, 07:51:52 AM »
I think I played pretty poorly. I'll try to get rest next time so I'm not sleeping inbetween matches. I am, however, motivated to pick up DuoLon again. I forgot all his setups and whatnot, but he's still pretty fun. I kinda wanted to commentate. I felt like for a stream trying to showcase the game to a largely new audience, the stream topics weren't focused enough (too much small talk about things aside from the game; reminded me of Marvel commentary :/).

Anyway, overall I think the event turned out well, with a decent showing and minimal downtime. But, geez, I hate waiting between sets. I feel sluggish as the day goes on lol GG's to all who I played. After a long hiatus, it feels good to be playing XIII again. Makes me miss the AI days :(

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2011, 08:18:54 AM »
Fata, next time just speak up if you want to get on the mic. I thought the commentators besides the black folk were pretty bad because they didn't know much about the game and they weren't very entertaining either. Then again I didn't hear everything they were saying so I might be wrong.

Yeah the wait time was kinda bad man. Only one set up for a double elim tournament. That thing took about 7 hours total for a 16 man bracket.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2011, 08:28:12 AM »
Yeah the wait time was kinda bad man. Only one set up for a double elim tournament. That thing took about 7 hours total for a 16 man bracket.

Just imagine EVO lol

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »
good shit to all you norcal dudes! fatacon, i was rooting for you in the stream chat! my team is vice/king/leona, i really enjoyed watching your matches.

black dudes were hella funny on commentary, especially hotpockets, it was totally hype hahaha hope iplaywinner does this on the regular!!!
In it to win it!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »
Evo is going to be crazy. I won't be attending this year but I have some plans for next year already! Fata I look forward to playing you again at the next Ranbat. I won't go out like that next time!

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
good shit to all you norcal dudes! fatacon, i was rooting for you in the stream chat! my team is vice/king/leona, i really enjoyed watching your matches.

black dudes were hella funny on commentary, especially hotpockets, it was totally hype hahaha hope iplaywinner does this on the regular!!!

Kane told me you guys gave me shoutouts in stream chat, but I missed it! :(

I was really surprised with the in-house reactions: people were seriously hyped. Since there wasn't going to be a Marvel stream, people were watching and cheering. I even heard people saying, "This game is hype!". It's a good sign. Especially since most of you thought the gameplay today was subpar anyway, imagine when the high-level stuff gets noticed.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, but it's easy to talk about others when you might not have played the game yourself. A few guys played it for the first time and some have hardly played it. I talked to Giovanni and he said he comes everyday, so it's not really a surprise that he took it. Anyway, but the guys some slack. That's most likely what the game will look like when it's first released for consoles, so get used to it. The important thing is that the game was showcased to more people with a relatively positive influence, so I'm thankful for that.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2011, 09:46:57 AM »
The only problem with what you said is Marvel was running at the same time yet everyone was going crazy over KOF (: Yeah most of the players have played only 3-4 times with Haunts winning the title of learning the moves on his char during a tournament match. After today's performance I'm going to head over there maybe every other day since it's a bit of a bus ride for me.

With the success of today I'm pretty much 100% convinced that Haunts is going to keep streaming the KOF ranbats. All we need is someone who knows a lot about the game *cough cough* to commentate and maybe the other person for the color commentary and it'd be golden. The only other thing is we the players have to focus on leveling up. I think it'll go a bit slowly until the game comes out on console. That's when most people are planning to go in hard with KOF.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
While the console bit is true, we have to take responsibility as a community to continue to keep the hype alive until the release happens. Whether it's ranbats, or videos, or streams, there are a very select few around the world who have legit means to the game. Gotta try to keep people interested now before we even think about relegating interest to the impending console version, no matter how soon it may be. Scheduling and finances will probably put a hamper on the time I can personally allot to XIII, but I'll do my best to make it when I can.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »
Well you know I'mma be there!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »
Yeah with a bit more practice I'll start breaking out more characters I kind of know how to use just to keep some variety in it. Other than that and hyping the crap out of the stream what other things did you have in mind that we can do. I already talk about KOF every opportunity I get at my sessions for other games. I always try to convince them to come out and play but it certainly hasn't been going well. I'll keep at it until the console version drops.