Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 322089 times)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2011, 07:19:52 AM »
Today's ranbat was a ridiculous amount of fun. For those of you who watched the stream, I hope the commentary wasn't too off-base. Was trying to cater a bit more to people who aren't very familiar to KOF. Overall, I'm glad IPW is really showing the game the support it deserves with this Southtown Summer Ranbat series, and I hope bigger things are in store for the community at EVO and beyond.

Kaori Manabe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 25, 2011, 07:24:16 AM »
way to go moderator

ggs btw

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 25, 2011, 07:43:41 AM »
way to go moderator

ggs btw

I didn't even know you had an account here, Manabe lol

Also, ACCIDENTAL TAUNT IS ACCIDENTAL :(

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »
I like how everyone thought you did that on purpose to be a dick too. That didn't seem like you at all.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »
Ooooh man that was too much, we definitely have to do that again!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2011, 09:02:05 AM »
Good games everyone! I will do my best to make it out to the next SoCal tournament to return the favor!

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 25, 2011, 09:11:59 AM »
Does anyone knows the full result of this tournament? I couldn't find it???

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2011, 09:16:47 AM »
You can find it on the tournament thread that's in the Upcoming Tournaments/Events section.

In it on one of the posts is the results. The hyperlink is the date of the match and it's right over the top 8. I'll provide a link to it in just a minute.

EDIT:

Tournament thread: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=941.0
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/ssrkof102

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »
Man we cannot stop taking about how much fun we had this weekend; we talked about it non-stop until Duc and 4leaf passed out lol!  The entire trip was so much fun it's hard to really compose it all in one post--we unaimously agreed that it was the most fun we've had playing XIII in a long time.

Thank you for showing us around and making us feel so welcome. 

Tell Jeff I meant no disrespect in not playing the requested run back but due to the long drive home and work tomorrow (three days of twelve hour shifts then I head to Evo)-- I need my rest :)

I'll have longer write up tomorrow.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »
You're a welcome part of the Southtown community now! You win and lose, that's how we say hello! I didn't mind showing you around; you guys are super nice and easy to get along with so I was very happy to make you as comfortable as possible.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »
You can find it on the tournament thread that's in the Upcoming Tournaments/Events section.

In it on one of the posts is the results. The hyperlink is the date of the match and it's right over the top 8. I'll provide a link to it in just a minute.

EDIT:

Tournament thread: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=941.0
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/ssrkof102

ah ok I see

Well thank you =D

Good stuff to everyone there! Can't wait for the videos to come out

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
ah ok I see

Well thank you =D

Good stuff to everyone there! Can't wait for the videos to come out

Match videos are already available on twitch.tv/iplaywinner

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 25, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »
It was fun watching the matches on stream. HOPE to see everyone at EVO!
PSN- MrGreen-AI

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 25, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »
It was great to finally meet you guys. We had a great time. The crowd was awesome especially during intense matches. Thanks for letting us feel like we're part of the NorCal KOF community even if it was just a short amount of time. Looking forward to seeing those who make it to EVO. As for everyone else, we may see you again in the near future.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 25, 2011, 11:51:56 PM »
I hate doing these coz I know I'll miss someone so I apologize in advance.

Reiki.Kito:  First and foremost, thank you so much for you hard work to organize and run the tourney.  Every tourney has it's bumps and bruises but it's what you do with it that shows character.  I think you did a kickass job and I know that I personally saw you request to SouthTown arcade to make it a 32 man tourney + byes but it didn't work out.   You're hospitable, easy to talk to, and you're developing a mean game.  Please help me make sure these posts get read by the respective players =)

Isaiah: First thing you said to me was, "I just want you to know that I'm not normally salty."  Haha.  Don't worry, we never even for a second thought you were that way and we know it was just for Geo.  You're a very strong player and I'm expecting you to destroy us the next time we meet, we know you just had an off day and you should have easily been top 3. Thanks for the tips on Vice and we're counting on you to develop the scene in Norcal as long as you're not busy playing Mr. Driller!

Demoninja:  It's great to finally meet you in person, I'm sure we all can agree that you put on a stellar performance and CMD.Duc kept mentioning how your game was constantly improving throughout the tournament; he also said you win the most improved award since he saw you in February.  Keep up the hard work and you'll also be a force to be reckoned with (just trying learning more characters as well).

HaxMurderer:  You bring so much energy to the scene it was so much fun being there.  It was because of your commentary (fer reals) that *made* 4leaf, Duc and myself want to come up to visit you guys.  I'm sure we'll be working together a lot in the future on commentaries but I'm sure Haunts will want you to cut down on the cussing on national streams a little hehe.  You also have a sick team with one of the strongest Joes I've seen in the west coast.  Keep working on that Terry and you'll be placing much higher in no time.

Renzo: Like I said before, we had an eye on you last NCR (Nov '10) right from the get go.  At the time I remember you using Shen already.  I know you guys all have your own favorite variation but there are some more damaging combos for Shen you try out like the ones we do:  j.C, s.C, f.B, Ex qcf+K, qcf D, (slight pause), qcb A.qcf+A, [DC] qcf D, qcf+A, qcf x2+P DM (roughly 575 for 1 drive, 1 stock).  You're a very calm and methodical player and if you played a bit more I'm sure you'll give us an even harder time.  

Faze: Sucks to how the scheduling of the tourney went down but GGs and you're another calm player where are very difficult to play against, I imagine you to level up real soon as well.

N4us:GGs, I forgot what your username was on here, but shame we didn't get to play as much during casuals.  I know that 4leaf wanted to talk to you and give some tips about Leona.

Fixel:GGs as well, your Ryo made a sick comeback and you nearly took out Renzo!  Your Ryo also likes NeoMaxing my Chin as well :/  Your Shen also shows huge potential and I was most concerned about him when playing you.

Haunts: If you're reading this than you're the true People's Champion--we were all rooting for you.  It's crazy how much you've improved in two weeks man.  Thanks so much to you and iPlaywinner of course and we'll see you in EVO!

Ash Riot:  It's such a shame you didn't make it into the tournament due to the miscommunication, but it was definitely good seeing a familiar face and I'll see you in Evo alright!

Fatacon:  Last but certainly not least, you're kinda part of the SoCal group to me, so it's kinda different leaving you a comment.  Keep growing that scene and we're counting on you to keep that group going man.  We gotta level up both our DLs haha.  Thanks for jumping in on the commentary as well (I haven't watched it yet but I know it's always going to be informative and entertaining with you).  For the record, we don't give crap about pushing the taunt button against friends (hey, it's there for a reason right?) and we definitely like to pus their taunt button in crucial moments haha.

Sorry if I missed anyone and once again we had a blast and if it was closer, we would make it up every month (we just have to figure out a cheaper living arrangement).  I sincerely believe, that you guys have so much more potential to grow a larger and even more competitive scene than what we have in SoCal.  You guys also use a relatively diverse roster and that helps draw in newcomers.   Overall we felt that it was truly rewarding to see the scene grow just as we expected when Duc, Metaphysics and I came up for NCR Nov '10 (and in Duc's case, Feb' 11) and it's going to be scary what's going to happen in the next 6 to 12 months.  

Last of all, NorCal work your asses off to get to Evo, I know it's only in 3 days but it's never too late to scramble something together guys--it would be a HUGE oversight to miss Evo with Atlus coming, preview of the console version, and a chance to play some of the best in the world including our international friends.