Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323436 times)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2011, 12:06:09 AM »
man I wish I could've been there I was watching at home wanting so badly to compete against you guys. hopefully some of you guys come out for Evo, overall I was impressed how everybody improved since the last tourney,  keep grinding cuz I can see you guys reaching a very high level.
" you fight well in the old style"

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2011, 12:36:32 AM »
@Kane317: Thanks a bunch! I posted your message to them on facebook and on the southtown Shoryuken thread. Thanks a bunch!

@Metaphysics: I'm still terrible, but I'll get better, you'll see!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2011, 01:07:40 AM »
Thanks a lot for the kind words Kane! I promise we'll all work hard to level up. I already have some big plans for myself and I'll hopefully be ready to show you all within the next few ranbats!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:14 AM »
One last suggestion since, and I believe his name is Simon (the manager/owner?) said he would anyways, is to replaces both springs in the cab to make it tauter.  Your moves should get more precise once you get used to it and you'll thank me later.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2011, 04:03:17 AM »
If you suggested it to Simon he'll get it done soon. Simon's one of the owners and Art is the other one. I just finished reviewing my matches and I got some stuff to try out. Probably gonna drop Raiden for a bit because my play with him has not been where I want it to be. Taking a small break from him should help me out. Also, shout outs to getting ocv'd or reverse ocv'd almost once every match.

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2011, 05:18:59 AM »
It was great seeing all you guys again.  :)

For those of you who wish to go to Evo, I already reserved a room.  If you can make the travel to Vegas, let me know.  I'll be in Southtown on Wednesday, so hope to see everyone there again.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2011, 05:51:12 AM »

For those of you who wish to go to Evo, I already reserved a room.  If you can make the travel to Vegas, let me know.  I'll be in Southtown on Wednesday, so hope to see everyone there again.

Truly one last thing:  If you're watching my matches, and you see me dropping combos...they're urm...advanced resets -.-

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
Yep! advance resets, I'm really good at that.. not gonna lie :)
btw I decided to show up after lurking in the forum for quite a while,
it was nice meeting you guys (Kane, Ash, Leaf) during the ranbat...
and Kane.. it was fun playing with you and your crazy Chin,
I promise the next time won't be that easy, you guys really motivated me to train harder
See you guys next time! ;)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2011, 09:33:17 PM »
Yep! advance resets, I'm really good at that.. not gonna lie :)
btw I decided to show up after lurking in the forum for quite a while,
it was nice meeting you guys (Kane, Ash, Leaf) during the ranbat...
and Kane.. it was fun playing with you and your crazy Chin,
I promise the next time won't be that easy, you guys really motivated me to train harder
See you guys next time! ;)

Hey what's up Felix!  Glad you decided to finally register yourself here, don't forget to briefly introduce yourself here.

I was watching our matches, and even our casuals, it wasn't as easy as a match as you made it out to be.  Your Ryo was confusing me so much I didn't know what to do haha.

Dropping combos Doing advance resets since '94...

Lawrence, PM me your number so we can hook up at Evo.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:35:23 PM by Kane317 »

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2011, 10:02:49 PM »
By the way, I'm heading to EVO too this weekend.. hope to see you guys there.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2011, 10:05:11 PM »
I rewatched the whole stream yesterday. Man that was a lot more fun being there than watching. I just wished I could see what they were saying on chat hahah. We wish we could go more often but, sadly it's a bit too far. I think next time we head up might be norcal regionals.

Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone we met up there. Wasn't sure what to expect, but everyone was friendly and felt like a 2nd home(arcade)!

For????

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2011, 10:08:38 PM »

For????

Do you have to ask? We all know why they want to hook up

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2011, 10:30:55 PM »
Would like to take a poll, could a moderator help me out? The options would be Southtown KOF XIII Tournament pay model?

Option 1: Keep the traditional model (Pay per play, reset every round)
Option 2: Free play with increased entry fee

I want to see, in all honesty, who would like free play with increased entry fee or likes the system we have now of paying per game?

I'm going to ask all the regular participants, but I'd like to get your opinion as well as your own estimates of a good price. Why am I asking this? Last tournament, a number of people put the game in training mode and I specifically said not to. The reason is because aside from the 2 dollars that you pay the arcade for entering the tournament, they make no revenue from running the tournament on freeplay. One of the participants anonymously contacted me about this, saying the average amount spent was four dollars per person during the tournament and that it was a great deal slower because of the resets. Either way it goes, we can't put it in training mode. That's not an option and I will not allow it.

I want to be frank, had I not been keeping track of the characters people used when they won, that would have been a problem. I would have to check with the opponent, and if I they or some other person could not prove it, it'd be an even bigger problem. It's good thing I do! In the future, I will provide only one warning before I will DQ people for breaking the rules.

That being said, I do not feel I HAVE to do this. We're all adults, well most of us, and we should be able to work this out. So whatever works best, let me know. SoCal friends, throw the .02 in as well! Thank you very much!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »

For????

What happens in Vegas...

By the way, I'm heading to EVO too this weekend.. hope to see you guys there.

Nice!  Add your name in the Evo thread.  Who else is going from Norcal?  Ash Riot, FataCon, Fixel...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:36:07 PM by Kane317 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 26, 2011, 10:38:43 PM »

For????

. You forgot to ask for his room number lol
" you fight well in the old style"