Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323366 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #465 on: August 16, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »
Hi MichelS,

Glad you finally registered here!  Wish we could make it up there as the NorCal scene is blowing up!  When you have a minute, introduce yourself here.

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 16, 2011, 12:52:27 AM »
Hi MichelS,

Glad you finally registered here!  Wish we could make it up there as the NorCal scene is blowing up!  When you have a minute, introduce yourself here.

I will write a little something later tonight.
I am supposed to be working now haha ;-)

I think (but not sure) that there is a ranking battle this weekend so I would love to go there.
I am very disappointed I've missed the SVB in London ... :(

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:56 AM »
Hi MichelS,

I will write a little something later tonight.
I am supposed to be working now haha ;-)

I think (but not sure) that there is a ranking battle this weekend so I would love to go there.
I am very disappointed I've missed the SVB in London ... :(

MichelS fail!  Gunny will be very disappointment haha.  Make it up by putting on a good show in the ranking battle, I don't know the exact schedule but you want to contact Reiki as he's the organizer.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 16, 2011, 02:56:23 AM »
Howdy!

KoF XIII ranbat is at Southtown Arcade at 447 Stockton Street, right in front of the Stockton Tunnel at 13:00 (1:00 PM) this Sunday (August 21st)

Southtown Arcade is open Wednesday to Friday from 3PM to 9PM, Saturday from 12PM to 9PM, and Sunday from 12PM to 7PM. Most players will be available on Saturday to play, but many are around during the weekdays from 5PM onward. Please stop by and enjoy yourself at the arcade!

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 16, 2011, 05:00:29 AM »
GGs yesterday everyone. I think you guys really should start being more casual as far as talking about the game. Most times I'll sit at the cab and when people lose they just walk away. No one asks questions or even talks. Isaiah is pretty much the only one who gives advice on what people could or should be doing. A lot of people are learning KoF for the first time, so those of us who have a grasp on the game should give tips when we can. I'll try to start doing it more as well. I'll try to make it out a little more often since my summer will be ending soon.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 16, 2011, 05:21:33 AM »
I usually do that away from the machine or later on if I noticed something. I know that when someone talks about my faults like that, it kind of feels embarrassing in front of other competitors. Yesterday was a rough day for me, but you're right, I'll try to be more out there. Wouldn't be good if they saw players weren't friendly.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 16, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
I talk during matches :D

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 17, 2011, 02:15:39 AM »
yeah, talking to people really helps! you don't even necessarily have to point out faults or anything, you could just like, explain how you hit them with a particular setup, or tell them how to punish something that you're doing. just giving random info like that gives other players useful insight into whats going on
In it to win it!

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 17, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »
Howdy!

KoF XIII ranbat is at Southtown Arcade at 447 Stockton Street, right in front of the Stockton Tunnel at 13:00 (1:00 PM) this Sunday (August 21st)

Southtown Arcade is open Wednesday to Friday from 3PM to 9PM, Saturday from 12PM to 9PM, and Sunday from 12PM to 7PM. Most players will be available on Saturday to play, but many are around during the weekdays from 5PM onward. Please stop by and enjoy yourself at the arcade!

I will try to pop in for the ranbat but the date might not work out for me :-(
I am trying to push things around ...
If I can't make it I'll try to have a go weekdays.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 19, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »
Just finished editing frame data that the community at Southtown managed to get done. Congrats all around, more stuff to consider!

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2011, 02:03:46 AM »
frame data? where can we read this frame data?
In it to win it!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1194.0

There you go, this is frame data we got from Arcadia Magazine's 2010 issue and translated it.

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 22, 2011, 04:40:27 AM »
Hum a bit disappointed that I was 15min late from the start and couldn't participate to the ranking battle :-(
I will try to come weekday and challenge few players if any are there.

I really like the setting with the live comments and also the TV at the entrance showing the matches.
That was great.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 22, 2011, 05:41:53 AM »
I'm sorry...I really am. I was hoping you'd have gotten about earlier. I hope you do get some time to play too before you go back.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 22, 2011, 06:14:59 AM »
GGs today all. I don't know what it is, but I really need to get more sleep before ranbats/tourneys. I tend to get sleepy down the line and I noticed I even start talking less during commentary. I'll try to be well rested for the next one, and since it'll be the final summer ranbat of the series, let's make it hype!