Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323341 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2011, 12:51:43 AM »
You'd think that, but it's the same deal with uMvC3. When that drops, they'll have to do something different. I don't think the game is going to be DRASTICALLY different as a few combos might not work (though some still do), and some damage has been scaled down or up.

I think it'll be an easy transition.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 13, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »
PS: It's PPS

You should change your tag to GrammarPolice and play Viper.

on9
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 13, 2011, 07:33:40 PM »
So apparently something huge is happening at the first session of the KoF XIII ranbats.

I have no idea what that is, but they're constantly saying it's going to be huge. So I'm letting you all know that you should definitely stop by this Sunday at Southtown because whatever it is has the lot of them giggling like school boys with a dirty secret. That usually is a good thing so yea, SHOW UP!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 13, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »
So apparently something huge is happening at the first session of the KoF XIII ranbats.

I have no idea what that is, but they're constantly saying it's going to be huge. So I'm letting you all know that you should definitely stop by this Sunday at Southtown because whatever it is has the lot of them giggling like school boys with a dirty secret. That usually is a good thing so yea, SHOW UP!

I vote: Geo's going to hack Google some more Bing while fixing iPhones at the same time, Demoninja is going to spam more d.Bs on RogerDodger and yell "Yo, why you so FREE?!?", Isaiah and HotPockets is going to show up early for once, Renzo is going to get "food poisoning" and come out of hiding and Haunts is going to curbstomp RogerDodger Am.His.-X style!  Fight! Fight! Fight!

Damn I miss playing with you guys, thanks for putting on a good show week after week and it definitely looks like we have some new contenders to look out for like BBZ, who's super solid.  NCR and SCR can't come any sooner!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:39:39 PM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 14, 2011, 05:29:21 AM »
Haunts was on Frame Trap today and he mentioned this Sunday, again, like a giggling schoolboy with a dirty secret. So this is really starting to get me curious. It could be a visitor from another country, it could be a visit from Atlus, it could be anything that Haunts/Simon/Art think are hype enough to be hype.

But Kane, you make a really good point, it could be a demo, but why would they make THAT a surprise? Wouldn't it be contradictory to what they want, which is more people playing it?

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 14, 2011, 06:01:04 AM »
I'm far from a K' expert, but I believe his dp A [1hit], [HDC] qcb K, qcb K (whiff) loops do more than the blackout ones.

I tested it in training mode. For the drive meter equivalent, dp A(1) DC qcb K x2 will do slightly more damage given you end in dp C, however I tend to miss it while DC blackout gives a lot more time to hit a C dp. If you do DC qcb K x2 dp A it will do slightly less (like 10 dmg) than dp A(2) DC blackout dp C.

As for this Sunday, I'm ready to reclaim my Marvel crown and get my shirt prize from last season.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 14, 2011, 06:19:39 AM »
Damn I miss playing with you guys, thanks for putting on a good show week after week and it definitely looks like we have some new contenders to look out for like BBZ, who's super solid.  NCR and SCR can't come any sooner!

BBZ has been to pdog at SFSU for a while. We're definitely slowly catching up though. IIRC Isaiah goes even with BBZ and Faze does pretty well against him. Me and Christian are able to take games off him as well.

Haunts was on Frame Trap today and he mentioned this Sunday, again, like a giggling schoolboy with a dirty secret. So this is really starting to get me curious. It could be a visitor from another country, it could be a visit from Atlus, it could be anything that Haunts/Simon/Art think are hype enough to be hype.

Art and Simon think Guntank is hype. What does that tell you about their standards?

I tested it in training mode. For the drive meter equivalent, dp A(1) DC qcb K x2 will do slightly more damage given you end in dp C, however I tend to miss it while DC blackout gives a lot more time to hit a C dp. If you do DC qcb K x2 dp A it will do slightly less (like 10 dmg) than dp A(2) DC blackout dp C.

As for this Sunday, I'm ready to reclaim my Marvel crown and get my shirt prize from last season.

I'd stick with dp+A(1) (DC) qcf+K dp+C if you're not gonna try to learn the dp+A(1) DC qcf+C combo. qcb+D, qcb+D, dp+C is not going to work in console version I believe so there's no reason to learn that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:26:57 AM by Demoninja »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 14, 2011, 07:11:02 AM »
Yea, but they keep mentioning it and referencing KoF especially. Haunts even mentioned it in the closing comments of Frame Trap tonight so its got to be something.

My theory is something happened at PAX.

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 14, 2011, 07:24:39 AM »
World Premiere of KOFXIII on Game Gear. We will all huddle in a circle during the ranbat and the cameras will zoom in on our tiny screens as we choose from Kyo or Purple Kyo.
So hateful.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 14, 2011, 07:29:35 AM »
Stop being dopey >< I'm serious, we should really try to figure out what's going on. It's hard to hype people to come in if we don't have a clue what could happen. My guess really is that Haunts met somebody at PAX or earlier, showed them IPW, and something might happen because of it. It makes SENSE, but I don't want to assume anything.

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 14, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
I might or might not be able to make it this week, so i'm curious about it as well..  $%#@!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 14, 2011, 07:59:53 AM »
Really? If you can't participate, just show up, that's better than nothing!

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 14, 2011, 08:15:20 AM »
of course I will participate if I show up. I just wanna know what is it about. It better be good if I have to cancel my plans for this week. anyway, we got a few days to find out.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 14, 2011, 08:20:51 AM »
haunts and Rogerdodger announce their domestic partnership and have the wedding ceremony right in ST.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Rogerdodger

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 14, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »
Damn Tasty it is like that eh?

That will happen when you don't go 0-2 in a KOF tournament. So that will pretty much be never to see that wish come true. <3

As for the surprise . . . . It is (*#$s4o2304wdfw08c7a8l0fdf(*^F9-YSdfuihsapdf7(*^(&*^

Have fun trying to crack that code!