Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323287 times)

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #585 on: September 14, 2011, 11:41:07 AM »
As for the surprise . . . . It is (*#$s4o2304wdfw08c7a8l0fdf(*^F9-YSdfuihsapdf7(*^(&*^

Have fun trying to crack that code!

What a tease.
Undefeated online KOF player.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 14, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
Damn Tasty it is like that eh?

That will happen when you don't go 0-2 in a KOF tournament.

I will stop studying and just grind KOF this week. Should I wear a suit to the ceremony this Sunday?

What a tease.

High level footsies: http://youtu.be/xaZDcbMh75Y?t=31m10s
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:02:14 PM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 14, 2011, 11:42:10 PM »
High level footsies: http://youtu.be/xaZDcbMh75Y?t=31m10s

Uh-oh look out!  Don't get all the AE players jealous coz they can't hang with our footsies!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 15, 2011, 07:30:01 AM »
Well, the best thing to do is to just wait until they say something worth noticing. What I would like to talk about is what we will do to expand the scene. As players, we have a limited set of options to introduce the game and expand our player base. That could be parties at the house or tournaments.

I feel like we really need to step up that sort of welcoming because we are still small. What would you guys say to some sort of info think tank, like a weekly question we try to solve through analyzing game footage. For example, we could introduce segments to deal with hop pressure or segments that talk about ways of applying throws to your mixup game and what throw you should use. This would be helpful for players who don't quite understand the mechanics and neutral game of KoF.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:44:30 AM by Reiki.Kito »

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 15, 2011, 08:33:13 AM »
Pretty good matches at Southtown today with Jose and Blk Brotha by way of SoCal?! Hope he shows up Sunday.

Rogerdodger

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 15, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Well, the best thing to do is to just wait until they say something worth noticing. What I would like to talk about is what we will do to expand the scene. As players, we have a limited set of options to introduce the game and expand our player base. That could be parties at the house or tournaments.

I feel like we really need to step up that sort of welcoming because we are still small. What would you guys say to some sort of info think tank, like a weekly question we try to solve through analyzing game footage. For example, we could introduce segments to deal with hop pressure or segments that talk about ways of applying throws to your mixup game and what throw you should use. This would be helpful for players who don't quite understand the mechanics and neutral game of KoF.

What do you guys think?

You def have good intentions about this but you also gotta remember it is still in the arcade. The best time to learn and go over situations and such is when your waiting in line to play. Being at the arcade is the best time to learn and talk about everything about the game or even at tournaments.

As for expanding the NorCal scene you can only do so much, as it is a arcade only game right now.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 15, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »
You def have good intentions about this but you also gotta remember it is still in the arcade. The best time to learn and go over situations and such is when your waiting in line to play. Being at the arcade is the best time to learn and talk about everything about the game or even at tournaments.

As for expanding the NorCal scene you can only do so much, as it is a arcade only game right now.

Even if it's in the arcade, analyzing footage or talking about it on mic isn't all that segregated from the experience. All it really does is slow down the game to talk about things that could be confusing. I can speak for myself when I say that fighting in the tournament or at the arcade has helped me as much as someone breaking it down with me and giving me options to try. Putting the knowledge out there could help people overcome some of the roadblocks they have with the game.

What I'm saying is that the community, arcade or not, should be newbie friendly. For people who never touch the game, there's no carrot to try and they're waiting for the opportunity to get in on the basics, something to get their foot in the door. I feel like we understand the game enough to publish things like that. My argument is simple; there's plenty we haven't done yet to take the game and culture around it to a whole new level.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 15, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »
I want us to expand too, but at the end of the day, it's about getting dudes to drop quarters in the cab. How people arrive at the decision to do so doesn't matter. It's not like information isn't already out there for them to take advantage of, they just haven't, and if they have and still aren't showing up, they're probably waiting for console or are just plain too busy...or they's a bitch :o

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 15, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
Actually, what I'm suggesting is not actually out there, atleast not in video form. You can read about it in some technical section of the site, but nothing in detail.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 15, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
I've been telling everyone I know that XIII is a great game, many of them have expressed interest when console drops. Not everyone is hardcore enough to be grinding at the arcade on the regular and learning the hard way like me getting exposed on stream D=.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:31:04 PM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 16, 2011, 01:19:55 AM »
Actually, what I'm suggesting is not actually out there, atleast not in video form. You can read about it in some technical section of the site, but nothing in detail.

I dunno if this is exactly quite the same thing, but it's Metaphysics and myself breaking down some matches (but not really commentating per se coz we pause a lot).  Check it out.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 16, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
That's pretty much it yeah, I'm glad you guys did it, I'd have only been analyzing the the Terry Kim and Joe Players :o

And goddammit...I can't wait for Sunday...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:18:51 AM by HaxMurderer »

Rogerdodger

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 16, 2011, 09:51:04 AM »

Damn Never herd of anyone getting excited to be exposed!

Back to the response to Reiki

All you gotta do is ask man, always willing to help you out. If we learn together we all get better and better. That is what can make a scene so powerfull. Yes we do talk about it on the mic and such but that is only when we stream, like i said before just ask or bring up a situation for a convo and I will be more than willing to discuss it.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 16, 2011, 10:01:33 AM »
GGs Fixel and Roger. Kinda angry I kept missing qcf/hcb inputs, need to get used to the ST cab. Also the damn Shen matchup, lots of peeps play him, my Raiden feels crippled without that roll escape.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:33:10 AM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »

Damn Never herd of anyone getting excited to be exposed!

I'm hype to expose my hidden weapon to the entire world on stream.