Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323638 times)

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #630 on: September 21, 2011, 02:33:53 AM »
Just saw the replay and went over my matches, great tourney.

@Char: you look hella on9 whiffing those command grabs.

@Reiki: good match you were definitely opening me up when your K' went in. Like Roger said I think you play a little too defensively waiting for mistakes, sometimes you have to force the opponent to make mistakes.

@Fixel: GGs rushed me down QQ. I need to figure out what moves are punishable or not.

@SoCal: it was good to get exposed to that higher level play firsthand. Especially Duc, he plays all the chars I like and his K' is sick, going to use that footage for hints to improve.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 21, 2011, 03:03:40 AM »
I understand what you mean. I'm not a very aggressive person or player so that probably comes out in my gameplay. I'll consider the "Make people make mistakes" advice.

Also, during our last match, I was aware of the time. I just gave up the match. Nothing I could do in that situation.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:33:38 AM by Reiki.Kito »

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 21, 2011, 05:23:56 AM »
I understand what you mean. I'm not a very aggressive person or player so that probably comes out in my gameplay. I'll consider the "Make people make mistakes" advice.

Also, during our last match, I was aware of the time. I just gave up the match. Nothing I could do in that situation.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!! There's always something you can do, or something your opponent may not think to do, or may think to do and you expect them to do it and bait it out for the punish.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 21, 2011, 05:57:45 AM »
Awesome tournament this week!! nice try NorCal, we'll get 'em next time. :)

by the way, I uploaded some pictures from the tournament last sunday... check it out.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67717505@N02/sets/72157627711871456/show/

Thanks, nice pics! Next time try to take ones of me that aren't that nerdy hahah

Freedumb

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 21, 2011, 06:45:45 AM »
Respect to the socal dudes who rolled up north. I'm still new to fighting games, but KoF and these ranbats are mad fun and im going to keep learning. Thanks for calling me out bout wasting all my meter in the worst ways haha; i need to work on that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:49:20 AM by Freedumb »

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #635 on: September 21, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »

by the way, I uploaded some pictures from the tournament last sunday... check it out.

Thanks, nice pics! Next time try to take ones of me that aren't that nerdy hahah

Yea, really nice pics. It seemed like you took more than that. I know every time I looked at you you put your camera down, trying to be a ninja with the camera? :)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 22, 2011, 12:11:40 AM »
Respect to the socal dudes who rolled up north. I'm still new to fighting games, but KoF and these ranbats are mad fun and im going to keep learning. Thanks for calling me out bout wasting all my meter in the worst ways haha; i need to work on that.

Hey Freedumb!  Give yourself a proper introduction when you get a chance.

I'm finally caught up with work and can do some posting.  Needless to say, last weekend was amazing and so much fun we really wish we could stay longer.  You guys have leveled up and I've already mentioned it multiple times.

Fixel, nice pictures and check your PM.

STA Ranbats are so so much fun, see you guys at SCR (have integrity hehe and honor the bet)! 

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 22, 2011, 02:49:01 AM »

Yea, really nice pics. It seemed like you took more than that. I know every time I looked at you you put your camera down, trying to be a ninja with the camera? :)

hahaha thanks man, I did took a lot more than that, but some turned out bad because I tried to be ninja like you said.. lol. And the rest are pictures of Jose doing something stupid because he's mad drunk. Maybe I should upload an album just for his pictures :P

Ash: what's wrong with being nerdy dude?! :P

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 22, 2011, 07:01:49 AM »
Another memorable match from last weeks Ranbats.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 22, 2011, 07:36:04 AM »
That match was intense, but Christian's ability to learn is scary. 4leaf's Athena tactics he picked up in a matter of days. He's got a handle on teleporting and command grabbing. A week or so and he'll be switching at will between a zoning Athena to an aggro Athena.

haunts

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 22, 2011, 09:41:46 PM »
awesome pictures fixel!

I am coming to SCR 110% sure!

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 22, 2011, 10:59:23 PM »
I'll try to convince "retired" Emoninja and Charizard to attend as well.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 22, 2011, 11:25:50 PM »

LoL Emoninja. Dammit I can't talk shit, he totally scraped me up last weekend.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 23, 2011, 02:28:13 AM »

Tell Eric to stop being a fraud and come to SCR already.  =)  You guys really have to witness some really strong players down here, Mr KOF, Reynald (who'll take us all to school and he's played less than all of you guys right now), The Answer, Team Chaos (6-7 of them), and of course Bala the beast.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 02:30:25 AM by Kane317 »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 23, 2011, 03:01:25 AM »
Sorry school>fighting games. I was already in the process of making plans to head down for SCR when I found out I couldn't because of finals. I'm just retired from the ranbats for now but when I come back you guys are gonna be in for quite a few treats I think. I'm still working hard at KOF, don't worry.