Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323415 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #645 on: September 23, 2011, 04:39:10 AM »
Sorry school>fighting games. I was already in the process of making plans to head down for SCR when I found out I couldn't because of finals. I'm just retired from the ranbats for now but when I come back you guys are gonna be in for quite a few treats I think. I'm still working hard at KOF, don't worry.

Bomb scare > finals....ahh the good ole UCI days where there was always a bomb scare on campus during finals week lol.  It's all good Demoninja, I know how it is with school.

You better not return all crappy and rusty ;)

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 23, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »
At least for me I know in the past when there were big things coming up which I had accommodate for by studying well in advance, I did better academically than usual. If you have your priorities and time management, and your finals schedule doesn't conflict, things should work out.

People are impressive with the short amount of time they've played it, I know SFSU got their cab around spring and ST opened in the summer. It's that arcade atmosphere. I just started playing after Evo, but I think I logged in more time this week in arcade than most people in a month o__O. Eric had been bugging everyone about how good XIII was way back in April, but I only took him seriously after I got burned out with Marvel. I only realized Liz had a usable command dash a few days ago -__-. So I'll try not be so free in KOF, since I'm coming down to SCR for UMvC3/college anyway.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:26:47 AM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 23, 2011, 04:40:41 PM »
Yeah but there's no way I can do a Friday final, Sat/Sun SCR then back to school for another final on Monday.

Mr. Soulstar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 23, 2011, 08:43:51 PM »
Waddup folks. I dropped by Southtown yesterday. And I think I might start making it a point to show up on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I still need a lot of practice. But i got a bunch of good matches in. Shout outs to Rodger, Reiki, and Fixel for throwing down with me.
Stand back, and watch me get loose

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 23, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »
The place is closed on Tuesdays, but it's open Thursdays. Also, if your sundays are free, you should participate in the ranking battles! You'll improve a bunch through fighting some of the best we've got.

Tone

• New Challenger
  • tryin to stay hungry
    • View Profile
Re: Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #650 on: September 24, 2011, 02:04:45 AM »
Slow, agonizing wait for console release :( I want to play more.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 24, 2011, 10:37:38 PM »
Organizing tournaments once the console comes out will be interesting to say the least. Been approached a few times about helping with a tournament, but I don't know if I even have the time between STA ranbats and my personal life. Ah well.

My main thing is that my team hasn't changed all that much. K' has had some substantial changes to his gameplay, but all and all, his combos are just a little more situational and dumb loopholes are closed. Maxima's pretty unchanged and Terry got a buff. All and all, I can play similarly!

What about everyone else? Do you guys have a vague idea of who you want to play or if you might make a whole new team? It'd be nice to get a good idea of what you guys are shooting for and something to pass the time.

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 25, 2011, 04:01:05 AM »
Wanna give Saiki a shot.

Benimaru with paralyzing EX Lightning sounds nasty.
So hateful.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 25, 2011, 05:25:47 AM »
You mean Air Raijinken? Yea, it's lookin' pretty boss for Benimaru really. He seems even more solid.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 25, 2011, 05:27:51 AM »
Tasty, have you considered not tier whoring in every game you play?

Does anyone want to play some 2k2 UM sometime? I can't travel far though lol, no car.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:53:12 AM by Demoninja »

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 25, 2011, 07:49:35 AM »
Tasty, have you considered not tier whoring in every game you play?

Does anyone want to play some 2k2 UM sometime? I can't travel far though lol, no car.

Sanford Kelly | "Pick a top-tier"
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 25, 2011, 07:55:04 AM »
That obviously doesn't work for you it seems.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:23 AM »

If I remember correctly the only reason you won the last time we played XIII was that broken ass EX tatsu. What are you going to mash when they take it out?
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 25, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »

If I remember correctly the only reason you won the last time we played XIII was that broken ass EX tatsu. What are you going to mash when they take it out?

If I remember correctly your only decent character is Raiden j.CD. Also, Kula doesn't have EX tatsu in 2k2 um does she?

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 25, 2011, 09:04:52 AM »
Raiden jCD and K' 236A.
twitter @tasty_lumpia