Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323529 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #720 on: October 10, 2011, 07:52:34 AM »
So, it's a new week and a new ranking battle for King of Fighters XIII! So here's what I'm dropping on you all: I want everyone to show up if they can. The last ranbat was way too low. 5 participants weren't even there! I'm telling you that it's disappointing to see so many people missing for no good reason. I know some of us are in school, some of us have midterms, but it's important to support the event.

This is our way of keeping the scene hyped up for the release. We're doing work for this game! If we're not in full force in whatever event we're in, how can we call ourselves competitive fighters? This is a challenge to everyone. Step it up this weekend and get it in gear for the Southtown Ranking Battles. Don't miss out and be there!

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 11, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »
Decent turnout this week it's looking like, judging by what I'm hearing the guys say. Will my 2nd place performance be a fluke, or am I the real deal? TICK TOCK!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 12, 2011, 07:25:58 AM »
Yea, I'm hoping there's a big showing. I'm getting some practice in, but haven't been doing much at SFSU. I'm getting there, so I want to make sure I'm on the ball this ranbat. Will probably get some practice this Thursday and Friday so I'm ready for the tournament.

I also am trying to push this video initiative out of Norcal a little further. It would require capturing some footage, but I want to do a basic commentary tutorial on each character so people can get more than just combos out of videos but detailed neutral game gameplay.

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 12, 2011, 01:57:30 PM »
I would liked to participate in your ranbats but i live in Portugal and its a bit far. :(

Good luck with the next ranbats.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 05:37:07 PM by Alucard DX »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 13, 2011, 12:22:47 AM »
Wow! You're watching the stream all the way from Portugal? I have to admit that's some dedication. I would like it if you could play in the tournament as well, but watching the stream and spreading the word about the game is just as good. You're part of the movement by being there to support it and watching us play!

I hope you'll tune in this weekend!

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 13, 2011, 02:07:07 AM »
Yes i have been watching your ranbats,and i hope you guys continue with KOF XIII console version. ;)

I also post the links of the Southtown ranbats videos on PTFIGHTERS (Portugese fighting comunity) so more people could see.

Keep the scene going KOF XIII needs the suport,i hope to see the game in the next Evolution tournament.

I will be watching the next stream live or recorded i dont know yet.

The KOF scene is dead here in Portugal there are 5 KOF players from the past,i hope that KOF XIII brings more players to the scene here in Portugal.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:56:13 AM by Alucard DX »

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 13, 2011, 05:52:42 AM »
Yea, I'm hoping there's a big showing. I'm getting some practice in, but haven't been doing much at SFSU. I'm getting there, so I want to make sure I'm on the ball this ranbat. Will probably get some practice this Thursday and Friday so I'm ready for the tournament.

I also am trying to push this video initiative out of Norcal a little further. It would require capturing some footage, but I want to do a basic commentary tutorial on each character so people can get more than just combos out of videos but detailed neutral game gameplay.

I would love to see Isaiah in on that, and have him rage out everytime he gets into what's stupid about a character lol.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 13, 2011, 08:01:38 AM »

I would love to see Isaiah in on that, and have him rage out everytime he gets into what's stupid about a character lol

I'll have to ask if he's interested. It would require the ability to capture footage and a bit of patience on everyone's part, but I think these types of character specific analysis is real good for everyone.

Also: The following picture is likely BBZ at SFSU today.

Gonna be a crazy ranbat....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:55:14 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Tone

• New Challenger
  • tryin to stay hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 13, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »
i think thats from last NCI at gamecenter, actually. Regardless, BBZ is a beast, lol.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 14, 2011, 01:23:36 AM »
oh I thought that was at State lol, I should have known there'd be no way KOF would get 37 consecutive games at SFSU.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 14, 2011, 01:38:48 AM »
Hmm, maybe we should plan our next trip off a Friday instead :).

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 14, 2011, 02:02:44 AM »
I want to see Mr. KOF 99 win streak gogogo! :D

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 14, 2011, 07:32:38 AM »
Would be nice to see you guys back here again!

Good games at Southtown, though it was just Fixel, CJ, Hotpockets, Freedumb, and myself today, I think I see a lot of improvement going on. Hopefully the turn out will be great this Sunday. I'm expecting everyone who can come out to be here in force! Don't slouch!

I'm likely going to be late to GameCenter this Friday since I've got a new job! I'm also going to be at Southtown most of the day Saturday after work as well. I'm hoping to make huge gains in improvement by the weekend. Hope to see more of you guys over there!

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 15, 2011, 10:29:33 PM »
yo i just wanted to let you guys know that upon release of kofXIII I personally will be running ranbats EVERY friday night at RAMnation and tourneys will be thrown weekly as well.

For our first tourney though with kofXIII i have a treat for all of you!

I will be throwing in a $50 BONUS ON TOP of the 1st place pot money!

I hope all of you will show up in the future to help support our kof scene in the 707. once again you are all welcome to come and no worries about asking me just come on over. we are all chill and good peoples.

later guys

-RAM

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 16, 2011, 12:52:31 AM »
Every friday? I don't think every Friday would be easy for me, but I'll try to come through. Keep coming to the ranbats though, maybe even get in on the action, Tyram!