Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323351 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #795 on: November 03, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »
We'll take good care of Isaiah this weekend muhahah =)

Record it!

Sadly, our plans for direct feed recordings never panned out.  CMD used to use his setup but even at the last mini-tourney we had before EVO, he spent 2 hours (plus 2 formattings) to try to get it to work but it failed.

I'll use my trusty tripod which feels archaic in this day and age of direct streaming but it's better than nothing.

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 04, 2011, 01:31:53 AM »
Gonna try to make it to that this week. I have a 360 with 02UM as well if you need that.

Do you have the EX characters unlocked?  I don't think it's a big deal if you don't, but some people like to play them.

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 04, 2011, 02:17:29 AM »

Do you have the EX characters unlocked?  I don't think it's a big deal if you don't, but some people like to play them.

I should have all the EX characters unlocked, just not all the bosses.
So hateful.

Tone

• New Challenger
  • tryin to stay hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 04, 2011, 07:36:06 AM »

I should have all the EX characters unlocked, just not all the bosses.

but I wanted to play Krizalid  :(

Freedumb

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 04, 2011, 08:16:48 AM »
GGs @ late night Southtown XIII and Puyo Puyo today. I'm looking forward to this sunday's ranbat; I've finally got the day off from work and I actually know some combos now hah. I wish people would show up earlier in the day though; if I roll through round 3-6 its usually just training mode.

I'm definitely going to check out the Ramnation XIII tournys when work permits.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 04, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »
GGs @ late night Southtown XIII and Puyo Puyo today. I'm looking forward to this sunday's ranbat; I've finally got the day off from work and I actually know some combos now hah. I wish people would show up earlier in the day though; if I roll through round 3-6 its usually just training mode.

I'm definitely going to check out the Ramnation XIII tournys when work permits.

Good games, you're getting up there. I was surprised to see you pull that off. I need more stick practice, but I can plainly see your ability with Kim improving a lot. Just need to stick it with Robert and maybe work on some Kyo stuffs? He's a nice solid character like Terry but his attacks just have a lot of safety. For one, did you know that your attack grab (hcb+k) is -2 on block? Short of another command grab and godly reaction, most people aren't gonna punish you for it. Coupled with the fact that if you know someone is going to TRY to punish you, you can simply DP or EX DP for good measure.

We'll spend a bit more time practicing, but playing more competitively would also be great. Definitely REP Southtown at Ramnation, bruh!

Mr. Soulstar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 04, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »
I'm finally starting to catch on. I was wondering when my 2k2 skills would start to transfer over but it's starting to get there.

Baiting and punishing Fixels EX command grab TWICE! Priceless............asking Reiki how to do Kula's NEOMAX then hitting him with it seconds later......Gold.
Stand back, and watch me get loose

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 04, 2011, 10:51:08 PM »
We'll spend a bit more time practicing, but playing more competitively would also be great. Definitely REP Southtown at Ramnation, BURR!

Fixed.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 04, 2011, 11:33:45 PM »
We'll take good care of Isaiah this weekend muhahah =)

Record it!

Sadly, our plans for direct feed recordings never panned out.  CMD used to use his setup but even at the last mini-tourney we had before EVO, he spent 2 hours (plus 2 formattings) to try to get it to work but it failed.

I'll use my trusty tripod which feels archaic in this day and age of direct streaming but it's better than nothing.

Nah dats O.G. status. Grassroots community!

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 05, 2011, 01:01:45 AM »
I probably won't be able to make it out to Ramnation tonight.  I'm really busy with stuff at the moment.

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 05, 2011, 09:47:28 AM »
anyone local have a custom PCB that handles PC, PS3, and X360 they're looking to sell? Or can help me repair my Xbox 360 Hori's PCB? I REALLY want to be ready for KOF13.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 05, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
I dunno about that, but what exactly are you trying to do? Maybe you could collab with someone to get that done.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 05, 2011, 01:46:23 PM »
He's basically trying to replace/repair the board in his joystick. AM2, that name sounds familiar. Are you on MBread? If so, do you know Tsubasa? He usually goes to NorCal Install's. In the past, he would help people out with stick repairs and whatnot. Not sure if he still does them, but it's worth a shot. I'd help you out if I could, but I don't have any replacement PCBs at the moment. Btw, is it an EX2 or an HRAP?

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 05, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »
Damn i just closed down RAMnation and mothers are still outside my house laughing and talking lol. what a fucking night guys! thats what im talking about. good folks, good people, good times all around. Thank you so much to everyone who came over tonight and played. You all as players is what makes us as a community stay strong and close as a kind of second family kind of thing. Thanks to hotpockets and n4us for coming out from SouthTown to play with us. can't wait to see you guys back here for the ranbats. good shit to FKO for coming out and showing us love like always. and thanks to the other davis players for coming out and kicking it with us. and of course all of the 707 for doing what we do best! KEEP IT HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

here are the tourney results!

BBCS2 16 man entry!

1. pane
2. coopa
3. Moogle

KOF2k2UM 13 man entry!

1. Soulstar
2. Spanish Sexy
3. Tone!
4. Tyram
5. Ryan
5. Coopa
7. thrust707
7. hotpockets
9. speedo
9. N4us
9. Cactus Factory
9. SaikoSlash
13. BeatThose

SSF4AE 8 man entry!

1. Coopa
2. Jeff
3. Tone
4.spanish sexy
5. bobby
5. Tyram
7. Kyle
7. SaikoSlash

Once again thank you all for coming and ill see you all again at the next RAMnation.

-RAM

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 05, 2011, 08:55:02 PM »
He's basically trying to replace/repair the board in his joystick. AM2, that name sounds familiar. Are you on MBread? If so, do you know Tsubasa? He usually goes to NorCal Install's. In the past, he would help people out with stick repairs and whatnot. Not sure if he still does them, but it's worth a shot. I'd help you out if I could, but I don't have any replacement PCBs at the moment. Btw, is it an EX2 or an HRAP?

yeah, I'm the same dude. It's a Hori Hrap EX. I'd like for the PCB to be repaired at least.