Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323305 times)

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #900 on: November 28, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
I have to be better prepared for next week.

fuck i wish friday was here already.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 30, 2011, 04:28:51 AM »
King of Fighters XIII
11/25/2011
32-man bracket

1 COOPA :
2 HOTPOCKETS :

Hotpockets, you disappoint me.

Where were you to pad the brackets for me?!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 30, 2011, 08:06:03 AM »
Anyone interested in organizing a KoF XIII tournament for Thursday Night Throwdown at GameCenter? I would like it to take off there, but I can't get down there at all. Please let me know and I'll help you out any way I can.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 30, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »
Anyone interested in organizing a KoF XIII tournament for Thursday Night Throwdown at GameCenter? I would like it to take off there, but I can't get down there at all. Please let me know and I'll help you out any way I can.

I usually go down there for the Marvel tourney, I'll talk to Jay about it and see if there's interest enough to warrant a tournament. The issue is that Marvel and AE run at the same time, we may be limited with setups.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 30, 2011, 09:50:46 PM »

I usually go down there for the Marvel tourney, I'll talk to Jay about it and see if there's interest enough to warrant a tournament. The issue is that Marvel and AE run at the same time, we may be limited with setups.

I see...Hn, well that is a problem. I'd let you use my PS3, but lugging it to school, getting it back from you, etc. Would just be a problem for both of us since you don't have a car. Hmmm...Gotta be something.

soakrates

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 30, 2011, 11:44:55 PM »
Well it turns out I probably won't make it to Gamecenter this Friday, as I have to work late. I was wondering, though, is the place set up to allow people to use their own sticks? As I understand it, their console games are installed in arcade cabs, so I was just curious.

jay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 01, 2011, 12:30:59 AM »
Hey guys. I volunteer at the Sacramento Central Library downtown. Once a month I set up gaming stations that features different games. I try to give it a social arcade feel. I mostly put out SSF4AE, UMvC3, MW3, SSBM for everyone to come in to play. I know it sounds weird that it is in a library, but the rooms I use are not directly in the library. check out the website http://www.librarygalleria.com

Starting in January, I am adding KOFXIII to the list. If I was putting an event together this month, I would have it available too. The area is a 1600 sq foot room that can easily fit 60+ people in it.

The library is encouraging me to fill a 5400 sq ft galleria to host tournaments in. I have a lot of plans that I would love to do, but I need more people to come out. All of this stuff is free for me to use, and I want to use all of it!

I usually host this on the last Saturday of each month from 12-5p.  It's right off of 7th and I, so it's easy to locate from B-80 or I-5.  There is free parking available 2 blocks down from the library.

chrischunli

• New Challenger
  • Chris-tan
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 01, 2011, 06:02:19 AM »
I would totally be down to play in a TNT KOF tourney, although idk how useful I'd be in running it lol.  Is the next TNT tomorrow?

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 01, 2011, 09:50:05 AM »
Okay XIII tournament at Gamecenter, tomorrow!

47 S B St, San Mateo
$7 venue/freeplay fee
reg fee: TBD

Will probably start around 8, will be run by someone there, either me or someone there.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 01, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »
Great! Spread it all over! Be sure to stop by dustloop and post it on FB, dude. Get it real hype!

Tone

• New Challenger
  • tryin to stay hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 01, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
Potentially might be running KOFXIII at the next Norcal Install, too. D:

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 01, 2011, 10:14:35 PM »
Potentially might be running KOFXIII at the next Norcal Install, too. D:

Wow, I might actually go then. loool

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 02, 2011, 12:58:39 AM »
Starbase arcade tourney last night!

Kof XIII $2 tourney

1. Tyram
2. kbeast
3. honzo gonzo
4. raikanami
5. makara
5. hi im nasty
7. doug
7.billy
9.Zaku

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:02:12 AM by Tyram »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 02, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
I'm glad Starbase is getting there with KOF XIII.

But seriously, what happened at GameCenter? Who was running this thing and what the heck happened? I know it's all impromptu, but this is something we can't repeat. Not just GameCenter KoF on the line, but KoF in Norcal needs exposure and we lost a chance tonight.

Any thoughts or some insight? I'm just real peeved.

chrischunli

• New Challenger
  • Chris-tan
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 02, 2011, 01:21:16 PM »
I'm glad Starbase is getting there with KOF XIII.

But seriously, what happened at GameCenter? Who was running this thing and what the heck happened? I know it's all impromptu, but this is something we can't repeat. Not just GameCenter KoF on the line, but KoF in Norcal needs exposure and we lost a chance tonight.

Any thoughts or some insight? I'm just real peeved.
They made me run the tourney... and all I had to work with was one setup.  No offense to the new players who showed up (you're godlike for competing this early!), but there were a lot of matches that went to the last game with time outs and stuff.  Keep in mind the setup was never empty either; I always kept someone on deck to play since it was dragging out so long.  My suggestion: GC needs to hold a KOF only tourney day, instead of having it on TNT.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:30:46 PM by chrischunli »