Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323403 times)

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #915 on: December 02, 2011, 04:09:59 PM »
Yeah shit was a lot longer than necessary, once people start getting their HD combos down things will go a lot quicker.

Tried to help with the bracket but I had to play in Marvel tourney simultaneously. Kineda kept calling me for tourney match in Marvel while I'm explaining to him that I'm playing a tourney match in KOF -_-.

Results
1.Chris-tana
2.LPN
3.WhiteboyWilly

Will post the rest of results when I find them.

LPN was surprising, he just has really good fundamentals and did well in AE AND Marvel that same night.

Don't drop the Kula combos Christian...

http://www.twitch.tv/finestko
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:14:36 PM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 02, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »
Results
1.Chris-tana
2.LPN
3.WhiteboyWilly
http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

Yo rigged, the one who ran the tournament won't he tournament?

Kaori Manabe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 02, 2011, 11:46:09 PM »
I'm glad Starbase is getting there with KOF XIII.

But seriously, what happened at GameCenter? Who was running this thing and what the heck happened? I know it's all impromptu, but this is something we can't repeat. Not just GameCenter KoF on the line, but KoF in Norcal needs exposure and we lost a chance tonight.

Any thoughts or some insight? I'm just real peeved.
They made me run the tourney... and all I had to work with was one setup.  No offense to the new players who showed up (you're godlike for competing this early!), but there were a lot of matches that went to the last game with time outs and stuff.  Keep in mind the setup was never empty either; I always kept someone on deck to play since it was dragging out so long.  My suggestion: GC needs to hold a KOF only tourney day, instead of having it on TNT.

change friday to tourney day instead of the training day?

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 03, 2011, 03:07:43 AM »
Recorded LF and GF for yesterday: http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/301487160
So hateful.

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 03, 2011, 06:34:57 AM »
Hey guys,

It was quite nice to play against some of you tonight.
Hopefully I will settle very soon so I can come more often in the southtown arcade (and eventually discover the other place).

GG for Reiki and Jose.
I definitely need some practice... and maybe I could play against BBZ and Geo soon :p

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 03, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »
Hey guys,

Hopefully I will settle very soon so I can come more often in the southtown arcade (and eventually discover the other place).

GG for Reiki and Jose.
I definitely need some practice... and maybe I could play against BBZ and Geo soon :p

Hey MichelS, are you going to participate in the STA Ranbats this Sunday?

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 03, 2011, 08:08:21 AM »
I just spoke to Soulstar today and it looks like he and I both will be at the Ranbat at Southtown this sunday!

yeah the KOF exposure in nor Cal is most def starting to look like it is really growing. A lot of people at starbase are really wanting to pick up the game and learn it. I tried as hard as I could at starbase to show people how good the game really is and it was nice to have a kof tourney when umvc3 didn't even have a tourney that night :) it also looks like we have a good amount of locations to play KOF at in NOR CAL no matter where you are.

Southtown
Gamecenter
RAMnation
FinalBout

just to name a few key spots but i know that there are much more. these are just a few locations.

I hope to be there sunday so i can see all of you there.

-RAM

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 03, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »
Hey guys,

GG for Reiki and Jose.

Hey MichelS, are you going to participate in the STA Ranbats this Sunday?

Even though I am in the area I don't have an accommodation yet :(
I won't really be able to be active playing KoF until I fix this matter... so I won't be there sunday.

Sorry :(

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 04, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
All the Freedemonia members love KOF, a lot of them are now picking it up seriously as main game... NorCal gonna have serious competition soon.

Just in case you didn't know, if you're in the San Francisco/Daly City area we have sessions every weekend. We play mostly AE/Marvel + random poverty stuff but will be focusing a lot on XIII now. If you want in on details/location just ask.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 05, 2011, 06:54:54 AM »
Good ranbat.
Special thanks to Reiki and the SouthTown crew.

I am sorry I have to leave so fast but with one train per hour I didn't have much choice.

The conclusion of this ranbat is hard though... I do need to buy the game and practice more ...

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 05, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
I hope you didn't take the USA chant too serious  :S
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:36:04 AM by CharREX »
Undefeated online KOF player.

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:14 AM »
yo guys good shit at SouthTown today! After playing the game hardcore for the past 2 weeks I really have come to enjoy this game better then any fighting game so far after 2009!

thanks to all the people i talked to and helped me out with talking to me about my team and telling me things that could improve my game. ggs to James as well, bro we will run it back saturday at the 5 on 5 qualifiers and I look forward to us playing more.

N4us next time i see you sir we are gonna have to settle this shit! its now 1-1 sir.

see you all saturday for the 5 on 5 quals at Southtown for SCR!

-RAM

Mr. Soulstar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 05, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
Good shit yesterday everyone. Had a lot of good matches, but I still have a long way to go.

Good shit to Chris.......Our matches are always good my friend. I'll get you next time.

CharRex.................YOUR ASS IS MINE NEXT TIME!
Stand back, and watch me get loose

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 06, 2011, 06:04:42 AM »
I'm a fraud, can't win without arcade Raiden x__X.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

jay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 06, 2011, 11:01:06 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sac-Central-Arcade/178653265563570

Everyone, even if you dont make it out to Sac, please like and share this. This is for the monthly event that I host at the Sac Central Library. I have a few pictures of what the venue looks like, and some pictures of the Galleria. They want me to host a tourney in there and the more support I get, the faster it can happen.