Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323621 times)

BoZoPwnZo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #975 on: January 06, 2012, 05:44:53 AM »
Our tournament Runitback will be up in about 2 weeks! We run regular session out here in antioch/concord area.

Tyram

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 06, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »
It's Friday again people!

Same tourneys! Umvc3 and KOF13! $5 entry! Pay out 70/20/10!

Doors open and 9 pm and tourney sign ups End at 11 pm.

We will go until 2 am sharp so that we can do good at NCI tomorrow !

I NEED Kof13 SET UPS!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE BRING SOME TO HELP OUT!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 12, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »
@Hadocon III from kineda: "A reminder that pre-registration for Hadocon III ends tmrw at 5pm. On-site registration is $20, so save $8 by registering online.

Also, we have not met the minimum 16 player requirement to run KOF. I know there's a huge interest in KOF, but the KOF tournament will be cancelled if the pre-reg minimum isn't met. I know most of you are laggers, and wait until the last minute to reg, but keep that in mind. If the tourney is cancelled, anyone that registers for KOF will have their entry refunded. "

This is depressing for KOF XIII when we have a big tournament and we're not even at 16 pre-reg. Come on, folks! How we gonna rep a game like this? Get a move on, please!

BoZoPwnZo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 21, 2012, 10:47:13 AM »
Wassup everyone, tournament tomorrow! If anyone from NorCal can make it out, there will be KOF there. Hope to see some people there. Check out the stream at twitch.tv/titelinkgaming.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/titelinks-run-it-back-concord-ca-1-21-2012-ae-umvc-kof-blaz-eightarc-sticks-for-winners-free-dlc.151721/

Sorry if violating some sort of rule or something, anyway keep it real NorCal

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 21, 2012, 01:50:39 PM »
No rule broken! Hope to see some epic fights go down tomorrow!

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 26, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »
Hi guys,

It might not be the right place to ask this but where can I get my TE (Xbox) modified to work on PS3 in SF?
Is there a shop or someone who deals with such things?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 26, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »
So, know this is coming real late, but lets get it out there! Tuesdays in Oakland's MADE (Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment) features some KoF tournament action you don't want to miss. [Gen] D and crew organize the event, featuring games such as KOF XIII, KOF2002UM, KOF 98, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and much more!

Don't miss out on the event if you're in the area. It's from 4PM to 9PM on Tuesdays, bring your own stick, and donations are welcome. They are also working on getting a stream to show off the talent they've got at the venue. Don't miss out!

=================================

@MichelS: Can always ask a few people, but you'd have to go to a big venue to see if someone is running stick maintenance. Could also go down to STA when Simon's around and see if he can mod it and for how much.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 29, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »
Might be heading to Downtown Beatdown for KOF. Will I see any heads there?
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 01, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »
Its been a PRETTY wild couple of weeks for me, but we'll get everything back on track this next Ranbat. Speaking of which, here's the tournament round-up!

This Thursday is TNT in San Mateo's GameCenter and Milpitas Golfland. I have no idea if they're going to be running KOF XIII, but it's always good to mention them.

This Friday is RAMnation in Fairfield with Tyram and crew. If you're in the area, check it out and get in on some serious action. Starts at 11:30 and ends at 3 I believe. If you're at home, this is perfectly timed to start when the UCI tournament ends so you'll get an entire Friday evening of KOF tourny online.

This Saturday is NCI at GameCenter. Please bolster this tournament up with entries! Get your butts in gear and rip up the competition, ladies and gentlemen. Competitors abound at this tournament. Although this area is new to XIII, they're definitely top of the line competitors and getting better every day.  Starts at Noon, get there early!

This Sunday, best for last, is the Southtown Arcade Ranbats 3.3 in San Francisco. This will likely be our first weekend having Soul Calibur V so it'll be packed, but it's an entire day mostly dedicated to XIII. Please come by and play. MichelS stole the first place in 3.2, but he will meet stiff opposition this time. Who'll be there? Who's going to come out as #1 this week? Tune in or get your asses in her at Sunday 1PM!

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 03, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »
When are people usually playing at STA? Whenever I have a session everyone wants to play Marvel, I guess I'll just go to the arcade -__-.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 03, 2012, 08:44:56 PM »
When are people usually playing at STA? Whenever I have a session everyone wants to play Marvel, I guess I'll just go to the arcade -__-.

I'll be there tonight. No work, no problem.

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 04, 2012, 03:34:33 AM »
Online is terrible, even with that new patch. 4-bar match = 0.5 second delay wtf? Hella hard to block hops.

Even Tekken 6's netcode is better than this.

/angryrant
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:38:15 AM by CharREX »
Undefeated online KOF player.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 04, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »
Online is terrible, even with that new patch. 4-bar match = 0.5 second delay wtf? Hella hard to block hops.

Even Tekken 6's netcode is better than this.

/angryrant

I'm not having that big a problem though.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The Official What's Streaming Now Thread
« Reply #988 on: February 06, 2012, 05:27:33 AM »
SouthTownRanbats

Hey, what's the deal with this Giovanni guy?
He sounds like is on crack or something. Is he really good? He keeps saying he is the champ or something, is he really good, have never seen him play?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: The Official What's Streaming Now Thread
« Reply #989 on: February 06, 2012, 06:44:26 AM »
Apparently considered the best at STA - very strong at rushdown.

He took 1st today vs good opposition from ON|Michel