Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323296 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #990 on: February 06, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »
He is good. He's just an ass and he's not afraid to be one on a livestream.

I used to be able to be okay with him, even when he was REALLY bad about it. Now? I dunno. After skipping out at SCR for BS reasons, almost never showing up to tournaments, and just being...impossible, I can't stomach it anymore.

He's really good, don't get me wrong, and has a lot of experience with previous KOF games. He's not unbeatable (Check 5v5 Qualifiers - Isaiah vs. Geovanny). I don't talk ill of anyone, but he needs to work on himself as a person.

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 08, 2012, 05:15:00 AM »
I'm not having that big a problem though.

That Extra Round with you and N4US...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

And Geo's comment on the video also made me laugh

"this time i dint get pay a lot hahahaha i was thinking would be enougth but naaaa souttown its a fraud today will see what the made have for mee i hope free lunch i love food yesterday i eat weed cookee after 1 month super crazy ladys lovw me"
Undefeated online KOF player.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:19 AM »
Ugh...

I don't even...Guy acts like an ass all day, thinks he deserves respect. Pig's all that comes to mind. Anyway, enough airing that out. The match with N4US was pretty intense, but his solid gameplan with Leona really screwed me up. If I had gotten a better foothold on that first character, I think I might've won.

Just means more practicing.

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 09, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »
"No fuck that give him the fuckin finger!" haha.

Team tourny at Keystone too this Saturday btw, ratio battle, I'm trying to get a team together in time.
So hateful.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 09, 2012, 02:24:24 AM »
KOF XIII Ranking Battles: February 5th, 2012
1. GEO.YUC : 10
2. ON-MichelS: 7
3. BBZ : 5
4. Fixel: 3
5. Haunts: 2
5. Jack Burton:2
7. RogerDodger: 1
7. N4US: 1

Current Standing:
1. BBZ - 20
2. ON-MichelS - 17
3. Fixel - 11
4. Geo.YUC - 10
5. El Gallo Negro - 7
5. Chris-Tan - 7
7. Haunts -4
7. CharREX - 4
9. Tone! -3
10. 1P Coopa - 2
10. JackBurton - 2
12. Hellpockets - 1
12. Fatacon - 1
12. RogerDodger -1
12. N4US -1

Here are the current standings in the STA Ranbats and the results.

Lethalsilicon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 15, 2012, 05:34:46 AM »
Hello!

I'm relatively new at KOF and would like to know where I should go to play experienced players so I can get feedback and such.

I live in daly city but work in San Francisco :)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 15, 2012, 06:13:08 AM »
Hello!

I'm relatively new at KOF and would like to know where I should go to play experienced players so I can get feedback and such.

I live in daly city but work in San Francisco :)

Hiya! Welcome to the Northern California thread! My name's Reiki, nice to meet you! You can find plenty of places in the bay area to play King of Fighters XIII, either through gatherings, through actual venues, and also arcades. Lets start off with arcades.

In San Francisco, on 447 Stockton Street near the Stockton Tunnel, is Southtown Arcade. We run biweekly KoF tournaments there and they're streamed on iplaywinner.com! You should definitely come out as we've got plenty of talent that way. Equally as exciting  on 47 South B. Street in Downtown San Mateo is GameCenter Arcade. They also have KOF tournaments in their monthly tournament NorCal Install (N.C.I). You can meet plenty of experienced players there in a multitude of games. Although the area is not as consistently competitive in the game as Southtown, you'll find plenty of talented and experienced fighters who wouldn't mind showing you the ropes.

In San Francisco State University, there's the Rac-N-Cue, the school arcade and billards shop. In there is an original KOF XIII arcade machine. Although dated, you can still see some people playing the game. Due to their policy, they don't make console-to-arcade cabs. However, since the release of KOF XIII: Climax, it could be getting an update so keep it in mind.

There are local venues as well! In Dragon Lounge on 1355 Taraval on 24th Ave every Monday, the bar is open to players who bring their setups to play XIII. You can stop by and see Haunts, Hotpockets, and more just getting in casuals.

Tuesday, in the Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment on 610 16th Street in Oakland, there's a station where some competitive players around the bay hang out, play games, and stream their matches. It starts at 2 PM and if you have the time, stop on by!

If you're okay with traveling across the San Mateo bridge, you can spend Friday playing at RAMnation. Home to Tyram, he hosts a weekly KOF XIII tournament that rocks the web from 11:30PM to 3 in the morning. It's full of true and tested fighters, you'll definitely have a blast.

So that's it for the consistent stuff. Again, welcome to NorCal's KOF scene! Hope to see you soon!

Lethalsilicon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 15, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »
Thank you for the info!

I will have to take some time to go to some of these venues and meet new people!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 18, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »
If anyone is in the area at 11PM, we'll try to get stuff going at STA with SoCal in KOF. Lemme know if you can make it!

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 26, 2012, 04:17:28 AM »
Gonna be at GC tonight for Soul Calibur meet. Saw Isaiah there yesterday, dunno if people are down to play KOF too.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1000 on: March 05, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »
roll call for NCR? Me and a couple of heads from the south bay will be going without question. Speaking of the south bay, we've been holding sessions in Cupertino and they've been great. There will be maybe two more in the coming Fridays to prepare for NCR. More players would be awesome so anyone who's interested hit me up.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
Sounds cool. Most of the Southtown crew are going and Isaiah again has said he'll decline from participating in a major. Hopefully, he'll change his mind.

Atleast I can vouch for myself in saying I'm going.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1002 on: March 06, 2012, 03:26:14 AM »
so he goes to SCR, and then skips the hometown major? Man, drag that dude out there.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 07, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
so he goes to SCR, and then skips the hometown major? Man, drag that dude out there.

Not to call him out, but he did go to the event, but he did not actually participate in the tournament. He did participate in the 5v5 match though which was really what we went there for.

Okay, here's the roundup. SRK TNT is at GameCenter this Thursday. If someone is running KOF there, let me know! I'm not out of work till 8 PM, but I wanna flood the place. This Friday is Ramnation again and the Friday meetup. Ramnation takes priority: If you CAN go to Ramnation, go to Ramnation.

If you can't, I'll be at the arcade around 7PM. I'm going to be training most of the night in KOF XIII for NCR. Come on through so we can train. That's it for this week, gentlemen. If there are more events for the NorCal region, lemme know!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:35:56 PM by Reiki.Kito »

BoZoPwnZo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 13, 2012, 05:52:55 AM »
What's up everyone, got something to say. What would everyone feel about a more frequent tournament series happening in NorCal? I really want to throw more support to the KOF community, so a tournament series is what I had in mind. My group of gamers known as TiteLink throw tourneys up in concord, so that would be the area. So before I go and make a page and what not, just wanted to get feedback. I just want KOF to be represented on a big level, while not trying to get in the way of the STA ranbats or other tournys or sessions.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:07:34 AM by BoZoPwnZo »