Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323338 times)

jpeezy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #1005 on: March 13, 2012, 07:33:49 AM »
man, bay area is so far to play some kof against actual people. sacramento where you at!

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1006 on: March 13, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »
What's up everyone, got something to say. What would everyone feel about a more frequent tournament series happening in NorCal? I really want to throw more support to the KOF community, so a tournament series is what I had in mind. My group of gamers known as TiteLink throw tourneys up in concord, so that would be the area. So before I go and make a page and what not, just wanted to get feedback. I just want KOF to be represented on a big level, while not trying to get in the way of the STA ranbats or other tournys or sessions.

I think you should go for it by all means. RAMnation is probably the only other tournament scene somewhat in the same part of NorCal that takes care of heads outside the bay area. Concord is actually not a bad distance from me, about an hour coming from San Jose. Whenever a tourney there happens in place of one in SF, I'd for sure check it out. Tournaments and exposure to the game will encourage more people to get involved, and it all starts where the comp starts.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 14, 2012, 06:29:25 AM »
Keep it up! Don't let some of us take your fire away. Keep pushing and getting people into the game! I'd come down your way to play, but it's hard enough to make the trip to Fairfield let alone Sacramento.

If you can't make it to venues like Ramnation or the STA ranbats, start gatherings, get the word out, use this thread to let us all know you're out there! Hell, I'll play ya' all online if it means you get in that practice.

BoZoPwnZo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 14, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »
Thanks for the input guys. I just want to put KOF up on the front lines with all the Capcom games, ya know? So I was thinking about holding regular tournies/sessions for KOF. Basically just wanted to check if enough people would show. This is definitely something I want to do in the very near future, so be on the look out.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 14, 2012, 09:50:16 AM »
I hear ya'. Will keep my eyes open for you and spread the word.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 19, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »
Wow when did we get stickied, I've been off forums for too long. Anyway great ranbat yesterday, holding that 2nd place pretty tight right now, sooo wanted to at least get too more wins before I loss T_T

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 19, 2012, 11:39:52 PM »
That was epic! And I mentioned that a while back, but nobody seems to mind or care. Either way, looking forward to NCR this weekend. Hopefully I can make a nice showing!

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1012 on: March 20, 2012, 02:31:05 AM »
too more wins before I loss

lol, has the hangover yet to pass? Anyways, yeah that ranbat was pretty hype despite the lack of some usual suspects. Me and some of my crew will try to start coming up regularly for season 4.

Hopefully I can make a nice showing!

maybe if you don't take body shots off chicks the night before, you'll take the step of actually showing haha.

hope to get lots of games in with you guys this weekend.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1013 on: March 22, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:39:34 AM by MezzoForte »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 22, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
It's going to be a pretty long day on Saturday and Sunday.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:27 AM »
Anyone interested in regular sessions during the week? Impromptu Friday sessions are cool, but I'd like to have more practice outside of biweekly tournaments.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 30, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
Anyone interested in regular sessions during the week? Impromptu Friday sessions are cool, but I'd like to have more practice outside of biweekly tournaments.

Well, it's not really impromptu. We've consistently had Friday sessions! This Friday is no different. Bring your sticks because we're going in on some KOF tomorrow night. We've got two stations and possibly netplay with Laban as well from the shop. (Which has like 20MB download and I believe 1.7 MB up which is GREAT!)

Lethalsilicon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:41 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this, so forgive me, but with the recent trend of KOF13 picking up new fans I thought it would be a good opportunity to reach out into the casual space and let ppl know where they can play KOF if they're interested. :)

Norcal Fighters! Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/416930834999597/

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 04, 2012, 12:33:59 AM »
Been seeing a lot of people get added to that group that I know. I'm curious, what is this group about and what exactly would you like us to do? I'm all for promoting KOF, but kinda confused on what the purpose is.

In any case, there's a lot going on this week so I'm going to keep it short and to the point:

For "educational purposes" RogerDodger and Hellpockets will be conducting a first to 50 match streamed from the IPW house in San Francisco. Check it out on top of UCI Fridays to see who wins/survives!

Friday is also Practice Sessions at Southtown Arcade! If you got some free time and want to practice, we'll be there! About 15 people showed up last week. People get there around 6PM, but most of us are there around 7-8PM till they kick us out (Midnight+).

There's been words flying around that there's a ranbat at Southtown arcade this weekend. There's been no official announcement, but keep your eyes and ears open for it!

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 04, 2012, 03:08:20 AM »
If you're doing Ft50 in KOF, you might not be done in time for a possible Sunday ranbat.
twitter @tasty_lumpia