Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323517 times)

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #1065 on: October 26, 2012, 05:26:00 AM »
Yo DCLam, Not only should you hit up Fatacon but I'm down to play some games when I come back home to San Jose during my Winter Break from school. I live in San Jose as well, I live near on Tully/McLaughing which it's next to a Vietnamese Buddha temple. You should hit up David Kong as well when he gets back to San Jose as well.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 26, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »
Wow Tully and McLaughing?!?! I only live like 5 min away from there! lolol I think my grandma goes to that temple. It bout time I finally found someone close by tho.

Yah Fatacon told me you guys would be down for some games too once back from Socal. I don’t mind waiting too tho haha I told him I was thinking around end of November would be best for me since I have my hands filled with school right now as well. Well looking forward to putting in some games with you guys soon!

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1067 on: October 27, 2012, 04:25:34 AM »
HEY. I want in.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 28, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
I'll be back after Christmas, David Kong lives near EVC if you wanna play with him. So happy that now there's more than 1 person in San Jose that plays KOF.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 02, 2012, 07:36:36 AM »
So, anyone in South bay intending to go to Southern California for the Atlus Championship tournament? Looking to get some numbers of norcal players up for going and maybe collaborate/train so we make a good impact.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 04, 2012, 10:56:39 PM »
I have something planned that weekenddd but good luck to everyone that goes! Hope NorCal does well and leaves a lasting impression

As for the training/collaboration part, I'm always up for games (offline and online). I'll be free almost daily from now on so if theres anyone else in the SJ area would like to meet up just give me a heads up on here and I'll shoot you my contact info and availability

In the meantime I'll be streaming STA's Real Honest Sunday stream right here from home hehe really enjoy your guys stuff a lot

Note: My stick is PS3 compatible only! I should've put this out there earlier just incase so won't run into future problems with those that only use Xbox
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:35:47 AM by DCLam »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 10, 2012, 08:30:28 AM »
you should go to STA whenever you can if possible. It'll benefit you and the STA crew alot, new faces = new styles of play = new stuff to learn = more fun to play with people. Fighting games are meant to be played with 2 or more people haha

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 21, 2012, 06:53:09 AM »
I know it's moot, I don't see you guys often enough to ask. But, I'm begging you. Southtown Arcade is closing on November 25th, 2012. It's this Sunday and we're playing CVS2 and KOFXIII. Please be there. Make the tournament last past midnight, make the day last a little longer, just 1 minute longer.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 25, 2012, 11:09:21 PM »
last day for South Town lets make it happen 2nite

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #1074 on: November 30, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
So...Whats going to happen to the NorCal scene now? Since SouthTown is dead, and Haunts has yet to announce the new venue for the remaining Ranbats Season....Where is the community going to meetup at?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 01, 2012, 07:19:03 AM »
NorCal KOF members haven't been the most vocal about meet-ups. If people want to meet up and play, there are places like Starbase or gamecenter, but who is really down to go?

Also, if people are really interested in the game, but just want to watch, that's really their loss. Got to come out and support. That's why the arcade's done. There's plenty of people who use this forum in our area, but very few show up to tournaments (Even once).

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #1076 on: December 03, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »
It's hard getting to StarBase without a car, but gamecenter is doable. The only problem is after that is like you said, getting people to come out. Southtown was in a great location but the venue was small...unlike Gamecenter, so I think that was a factor in why a whole lot of people didn't come but I was there along with Bigvador.

Alternatively are there any known gatherings for KOF in the bayarea?

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:01 AM »
Nom nom nom nom nom
Undefeated online KOF player.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 05, 2012, 05:35:23 AM »
If meets happen at Starbase Friday-Sunday I'm down to hit it up. Also in El Cerrito we're trying to get more KOF players to hit up the Freedomnia sessions, if anyone is in East Bay hit up the FDM thread in the Pac North section of SRK.

Also I'm pretty much available for meets during the weeke in SF as long as I can get there on Muni and it's after 1 PM.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1079 on: December 05, 2012, 06:23:25 AM »
Alternatively are there any known gatherings for KOF in the bayarea?

which part of the bay?
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma