Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323413 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #1215 on: February 28, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »
I get off work at 8PM. On Thursday, it really depends on if my friends will take me over there. Might be around 9 or 10 that I pop in.

If not, meet up with me at Milpitas Golfland on Friday. I'm definitely going to be there.

N4US mentioned the owner was looking to do something this Saturday. I can verify if he's up for it, but I wouldn't mind making it out there to play if there's more people coming by.

EDIT:

Also, Orange Sauce Casuals are canceled into further notice. Making the necessary edits to the calender now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:43:39 PM by Reiki.Kito »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1216 on: March 01, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
MGL tonight let's go. BTW shout outs to Monzo for being cool about my double flake; I owe you two shots.

edit: also wow about OSC being canned so soon.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 02, 2013, 12:42:43 AM »
Gonna be at Milpitas Golfland around 8-9 with N4US and hopefully Gen D.

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 02, 2013, 02:40:22 AM »
Are you going to be too late for the tournament?
I am still in a meeting, and no idea when it gonna end...

How many were you last time?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 02, 2013, 06:48:19 AM »
Head to head setups at MGL. We got 8 people, just enough for a bracket! If you are coming through, stop by, we will be here for a while.

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 02, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »
GGs everyone!!
So hateful.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1221 on: March 02, 2013, 06:02:09 PM »
yeah last night had a killer turnout and there were hype matches all over the place. Hope the gang stays at least 8 deep for the next go around!
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 02, 2013, 06:16:13 PM »
yeah last night had a killer turnout and there were hype matches all over the place. Hope the gang stays at least 8 deep for the next go around!

Me too, but that depends on grabbing as many people as possible in the surrounding area to play. As well as playing more locally to get people interested. There are...atleast 4-5 players that I know that know how to play KoF already that are in the San Jose area. They usually play other games like Melty, GG, BB, and more. They're friends of Fatacon's! They'll play it casually, and I've seen them play it recently, but not very seriously.

You also have Whiteboywilly and LPN once they overcome the inertia necessary to play again.

Without N4US and myself, you literally have your own bracket (Since you had 8), just got to keep publicizing it and getting people interested into playing. So South Bay can run a tournament with some semblance of reliability. I was thinking about putting up a flyer about local sessions in SJSU or one of the neighboring community colleges to get some fighting game fanatics to boost the numbers. If anyone can help with that, I'd really appreciate that.

If not, no biggie, as long as we got people coming who want to play, we can play. Round Robin, Danisen Ranbats, team battle 5v5, anything's possible

I'm going to try to talk to more people up here. MichelS, El Gallo Negro, Gen D, Fixel, and Isaiah are usually free on Fridays, but whether they'll come is up in the air. Either way, will do more digging on my end.

Thanks to everyone that came and I'll see you at Tight or Fight!

Takeda`

• New Challenger
  • K Slam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 02, 2013, 06:35:49 PM »
Yeah, a great way to start off March with all the hype last night.

SLAM

Judgemastar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 02, 2013, 08:17:43 PM »
MGL was sick. GG's everyone!!!

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 02, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »
Glad to see the MGL event went well this time. I should be able to make it to the next one.

I've gotten a lot of personal stuff out of the way for now, so I should be able to host sessions again soon. If you're in the San Jose/South Bay area, hit me up for details. I should have enough room for 2 setups (I can provide 1 PS3 setup).

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 02, 2013, 11:36:10 PM »
Ivan I'm coming down to San Jose for NCR, let's hang out

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 03, 2013, 12:35:14 AM »
Joe mentioned this at MGL, but Tight or Fight 7, which is going to be next Sunday, is going to be packed! He also is in dire need of PS3 setups. I don't think I can manage a ride from my place all the way to Milpitas. If I can, awesome, but probably not likely.

He really needs PS3 systems and copies of the game. If you're going and you live in the area (as well as have a convenient way to transport your stuff), please support the event by bringing them. I am pretty sure he has enough monitors, but I will make sure.

I'm gonna see about going to Gamecenter sometime this week to get some more practice in.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 03, 2013, 10:11:25 AM »

Me too, but that depends on grabbing as many people as possible in the surrounding area to play. As well as playing more locally to get people interested. There are...atleast 4-5 players that I know that know how to play KoF already that are in the San Jose area. They usually play other games like Melty, GG, BB, and more. They're friends of Fatacon's! They'll play it casually, and I've seen them play it recently, but not very seriously.

You also have Whiteboywilly and LPN once they overcome the inertia necessary to play again.

Without N4US and myself, you literally have your own bracket (Since you had 8), just got to keep publicizing it and getting people interested into playing. So South Bay can run a tournament with some semblance of reliability. I was thinking about putting up a flyer about local sessions in SJSU or one of the neighboring community colleges to get some fighting game fanatics to boost the numbers. If anyone can help with that, I'd really appreciate that.

If not, no biggie, as long as we got people coming who want to play, we can play. Round Robin, Danisen Ranbats, team battle 5v5, anything's possible

I'm going to try to talk to more people up here. MichelS, El Gallo Negro, Gen D, Fixel, and Isaiah are usually free on Fridays, but whether they'll come is up in the air. Either way, will do more digging on my end.

Thanks to everyone that came and I'll see you at Tight or Fight!

Haha u did pretty well yourself. Congrats on winning the tournament

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 03, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »
Thank you! My only advantage is that I've played longer.  You're all improving at a pretty incredible rate, I see change every time I play you guys. Especially you, Nick. I think you're really starting to feel more comfortable with your characters and got more confidence in yourself.

Although I am happy I won a tournament, it's good to be humble. There are people who are better than me in San Francisco. That I won is simply because they weren't there. I still have much to learn and a long ways to go.