Author Topic: NGBC - Rock Howard  (Read 9550 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
NGBC - Rock Howard
« on: November 30, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »
Normals

Close
* cl. ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able.

Standing
* Stand ;a / ;b / ;d are cancel-able.

Crouching
* ;dn ;a / ;b / ;c / ;d are cancel-able.
* ;dn ;b links with ;dn ;a.
* ;dn ;c is a moderately good anti-air if Rising Tackle (charge d~u + A/C) can't be done quick enough, or if there's no meter for Raging Storm ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a / ;c ).
* ;dn ;d is good only for the fact that it has range, and it can be canceled into a single or double reppuuken ( ;qcf + ;a / ;c ).

Jumping
* ;up ;uf ;c can be used in combos if the move hits deep enough.
* ;ub ;up ;uf ;d has a weird angle to it, so depending on the opponent, it can hit very low.

Guard Cancel Tag Attack
Pressing the ;e button while blocking will allow Rock to do an attack, and he will then tag out.

Throw
Kokuusen - ;bk / ;fd + ;c / ;d
*Can be broken. Regular knockdown. This throw leaves the opponent close enough for applied pressure or for a command throw.

Command Moves
Upper Parry: ;a + ;c
* Rock does an elbow attack. This move can be canceled into a special or super if timed right.

Lower Parry: ;b + ;d
* Rock does a spinning axe kick.

Combination: ;d , ;fd + ;d
* Rock does a kick to an axe kick combination. The first kick comes out pretty fast, but the other kick comes out a bit slower. The second kick does count as an overhead. This can be used for mixups, as the first kick by itself can be canceled into a special move of choice.

Special Moves
Reppuken:  ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a
* Rock throws a projectile that rides the ground. It's rather slow, but can be used to put pressure on the opponent.

Double Reppuken: ;dn ;df ;fd + ;c
* Rock throws two reppukens together to form a bigger projectile that rides the ground. This projectile moves fast. Also note that if the opponent is close to Rock, this move hits twice.

Rising Tackle: charge ;dn , ;up + ;a / ;c
* Rock does an upside-down spinning attack that hits for multiple times. Both versions can cancel into a super. This move can also be used as an anti-air. The button strength determines how high Rock goes into the air.

Hard Edge: ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a / ;c
* Rock does a dashing elbow attack. The ;c version starts with the dashing elbow attack to a palm strike. The ;a version of this move can be canceled into a super, and can also be used to extend a corner combo.

Rage Run ~ Type Dunk: ;dn ;db ;bk + ;b
* Rock runs towards the opponent, and does his version of Terry's "Power Dunk" move. There really isn't much to this move, other than using it for mixup purposes.

Rage Run ~ Type Shift: ;dn ;db ;bk + ;d
* Rock runs towards the opponent, and does a dashing teleport to the other side of the opponent. Aside from using this for mixups, this move can sometimes prove worthy when it comes to getting out of the corner.  

Shinkuu Nage: 360 + ;c
* Rock does a command throw similar to his father Geese's command throw (animation and all). The plus side to this move is the recovery animation can be "broken" by pressing ;a + ;b quickly after the throw. If ;a + ;b is held for a certain length of time, Rock will do Rasetsu which will be explained shortly. This breaking is very important, because it can allow Rock to combo his opponent, especially in the corner. The best option for this is ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a , and if in the corner, ;dn  ;db ;bk + ;a can be canceled into Raging Storm ( ;dn  ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a / ;c ).

Rasetsu: after Shinkuu Nage (360 + ;c ), press and hold ;a + ;b
* Immediately after breaking the command throw's recovery animation, Rock's hand will begin to charge. Upon releasing ;a + ;b , Rock will shoot out an energy burst from his hand, doing a substantial amount of damage. This is one of the "easiest" options after doing 360 + ;c ~ ;a + ;b . It's easy because the timing is only based on releasing ;a + ;b , instead of going for ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a . However, doing Rasetsu does require a little bit of practice.

Atemi Nage Joudan: ;dn ;df ;fd + ;b
* This is one of Rock's counter moves, which is similar to one of Geese's counters. This can stop high to mid moves. If successful, Rock will counter. Nothing is guaranteed after this.

Atemi Nage Gedan: ;dn ;df ;fd + ;d
* This is the second counter move Rock has, which is also similar to one of Geese's counters. This can stop low moves. If successful, Rock will counter. Nothing is guaranteed after this.

Desperation Moves
Raging Storm: ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a / ;c
* Rock does a "mini" version of Geese's Raging Storm. The button strength determines the amount of damage, and the color of the blast. This can be used in combos, especially in the corner. In the corner, this super can be followed up with a jumping attack, ;dn ;db ;bk + ;a , Rising Tackle (charge ;dn , ;up + ;a / ;c ), or another Raging Storm. This is one of Rock's strong points.

Shine Knuckle: ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd + ;b / ;d
* Rock does a super version of Hard Edge. The button strength determines the amount of damage. This is another follow-up to Rock's command throw (360 + ;c ).

Deadly Rave: ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd + ;a / ;c , ;a , ;a , ;b , ;b , ;c , ;c , ;d , ;d , ;dn ;db ;bk + ;c (when meter stock is at level 3)
* Rock does his version of Geese's Deadly Rave. He rushes the opponent and does a series of attacks, which can end with a pulsating blast if done correctly. If the inputs stop, Rock will not continue to attack.

A/D Assault
Storm & Stream:  ;bk ;dn ;db + ;c ;e (When partner is Terry Bogard and within 10 counts after Rage Run: Shift)
* Rock does a Rising Tackle sending the opponent in the air. Terry then follows up with a Power Geyser, and Rock finishes with a charged Raging Storm.

Strats and combos are here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rock_Howard_(NGBC)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:08:36 PM by jinxhand »

krazykone123

Re: NGBC - Rock Howard
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 10:58:21 PM »
Good, gonna skim through the internets and see if I can find some frame data for NGCB characters.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
That's wassup!!! Hope to get more time in tonight to test a few things out with Rock... He's no Geese, but with the right partner, he can wreck shop...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
Frame Data from http://wiki.livedoor.jp/ngbc/. They use close and far when distinguishing the 2 types of standing attacks, but I'm simply using the standard nomeclature... Using buttons actually spaced the hell out of this, so I just kept it simple and used number keys to make it less confusing. If you have any questions, lemme know...

NORMALS
        EXE   |   GRD   |   HIT
cl. A    7      +5     +6
cl. B    7      -1       0
cl. C    7      -1       0
cl. D    10      0     +1
st. A    8        0     +1
st. B    10    -4     -3
st. C    12    -1     -2
st. D    11      0     +1
cr. A    8      +4     +5
cr. B    5      +4     +5
cr. C    8      -3     -2
cr. D    11    -2      KD
JA     4       -       -
JB     5       -       -
JC     8       -       -
JD     11     -       -
-----------------------------

COMMAND NORMALS
        EXE   |   GRD   |   HIT
A+C    23      0       +1
B+D    21     +9      +10
D, 6D    -     +1       +3

-----------------------------

SPECIAL MOVES
        EXE   |   GRD   |   HIT
236A 12      -3     -2
236C 12      -1       0
214B 22      -3      KD
236B 4        -5      KD
236D 4        -2      KD
214A 12      -9       KD
214C 14      -13     KD
360C 8        -         -
2~8A 5       -17     KD
2~8C 5       -48     KD

I couldn't find any frame data on DMs... There's also some good basic combos to use as well as some good strats, but translating so that it's actually understandable is gonna take some time, except for some things that can easily be picked here and there...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »
;d seems to be a really good poke to use, primarily because it can be canceled into anything at any range, as long as it either hits or is blocked. I personally use ;qcf ;a / ;c and mix it up with that if ;d is blocked, since it keeps the opponent from relying heavily on GFCS. At times, I can charge ;dn and it can give me just enough time to use Rising Tackle, but the charge has to happen right as you press ;d, otherwise, you'll just end up doing ;up ;d , which in some cases isn't bad, but it won't always be a good thing. ;qcf ;qcf ;d can connect if you hit confirm with standing ;d .

You can kinda use old Geese tactics with ;dn ;d and canceling that into specials. The one thing that makes him stronger is the mixup options that he has. Using both Rage Run types expand the mixup options, especially since the "shift" version makes Rock go to the other side, that can allow him to 360 throw an opponent back into the corner and combo accordingly.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 06:28:54 AM »
Rock's 360 throw beats out Cyber Woo's command throw!!! I don't think he has the best 360 throw in terms of properties, but its damn near great!!!

DIO might have the best command throw though...

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:10:54 AM »
One of Woo's command grabs has armor (632146+P) so I'd say that it's better than Rock's 360. Rock's 360 is probably a bit better than DIO's though because it's far faster.

You're right about the lack of powerful properties, UNLESS you're throwing them into the corner. 360 into corner opens up so many combo options with him.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
One of Woo's command grabs has armor (632146+P) so I'd say that it's better than Rock's 360. Rock's 360 is probably a bit better than DIO's though because it's far faster.

You're right about the lack of powerful properties, UNLESS you're throwing them into the corner. 360 into corner opens up so many combo options with him.

One of those matches, that throw was done against Rock, and Rock's 360 beat it out... I know that Cyber Woo's throw can beat out alot of moves, even Tung's j/f MM, but there seems to be some moves that it doesn't beat out at all or maybe some of the time...

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 03:29:12 AM »

One of those matches, that throw was done against Rock, and Rock's 360 beat it out... I know that Cyber Woo's throw can beat out alot of moves, even Tung's j/f MM, but there seems to be some moves that it doesn't beat out at all or maybe some of the time...
The throw I was using wasn't the 360, it was the one with hyperarmor. I'm trying to use it a bit more simply because of the armor.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »

The throw I was using wasn't the 360, it was the one with hyperarmor. I'm trying to use it a bit more simply because of the armor.

My bad. I mistake that one for the 360 throw. I watched the match vid, and yeah it was that hyper armor throw that was beaten by Rock's 360 throw... I'm not sure if Cyber Woo's 360 would beat Rock's out though.. It might very well be a matter of who does their command throw first...

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 12:29:28 AM »

My bad. I mistake that one for the 360 throw. I watched the match vid, and yeah it was that hyper armor throw that was beaten by Rock's 360 throw... I'm not sure if Cyber Woo's 360 would beat Rock's out though.. It might very well be a matter of who does their command throw first...
I have a feeling Woo's 360 is a bit faster, and I know it has more range.

Anyways, err. I'll rework my Rock juggle and whatnot and edit / post this.

Edit : This is REALLY stylish, but really tight as well. Corner only, unfortunately.. Either way, it does devastating damage. 5C 2~8C (Check my post on buffering to see how to do this, one hit) 236236D 214A 214A 236E

IF you make enough meter from the combo before the 236E, you can do 2~8C 236236D 214A 214A 236E. Not sure how the meter building is for 214A 214A 2~8C, and I really have issues testing this combo because of the charging, so yeah. I'm really inconstant with it. You can also make it easier with timing the first 236236D (the most important part to the juggle) by doing 214A instead of the first 2~8C, and instantly cancel / releasing 236236D. I know you CAN connect 214A 214A 2~8C 236236D over and over again though because of the juggle properties of all the moves.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:19:37 AM by Remzi »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 07:35:29 PM »
there are no combos in the wiki

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
there are no combos in the wiki

At the time I was making it, I didn't have the time to post some up... I'll try to work on that today... Anyone willing to help, I can set you up, so just lemme know...

As for now, here's some.

cl.C, 236C
360C~A+B, 214C
(corner) 360C~A+B, 236236C, 2~8C
cr.b, 214A xx 236236B
(corner) cr.b, 214A xx 236236C, 214A, 214A (you can substitute the 214A, 214A with 236E)...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:39:25 AM by jinxhand »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 12:40:33 AM »
After 360 INTO corner you can follow up with the combos I posted.

(corner) 360C~A+B, 236236C, 236236C, 2~8C
That wouldn't work though because 236236C costs two bars, unless of course you add lots of filler between it.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 06:38:33 AM »
After 360 INTO corner you can follow up with the combos I posted.

(corner) 360C~A+B, 236236C, 236236C, 2~8C
That wouldn't work though because 236236C costs two bars, unless of course you add lots of filler between it.

Computer at work was tripping... Ninja edited at home in conjunction with a few more combos added...