Author Topic: Runner's the name, speed's my game!!  (Read 2284 times)

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Runner's the name, speed's my game!!
« on: December 02, 2010, 08:00:28 AM »
Greetings, I came here from hearing about this site on Shoryuken.com. I was first introduced to KOF on a demo disc my bro had on the PS1. Later on during HS, I started messing around with emulators and I remembered how awesome the demo was. So I downloaded all of them and started playing it, instantly got hooked (Although the bosses made me say terrible things out loud :( ).

Then I played XII at Chinatown Fair, I did get some win streaks but I wouldn't call it consistent. It was a bit depressing to see the machine eventually turn into a coat rack for the BlazBlue players and then turned into a SSF4 machine. If I can describe my style of play, I'll just say I tire people out (Got a gift of dodging things alot, guess that's why people get annoyed at fighting me even though I'm not even at a high level). I always used Leona ever since '96, I like her for some reason (Strange because I have a hard time sticking to anyone at all in other games). I do need to learn others though, my biggest weakness that will soon be fixed.

My mission here is to be a better player and eventually be a respected member of a community for once. I came here mostly because of the hype of XIII and this game (along with Virtua Fighter) keeps drawing me in. KOF is the very thing that made me quit Smash Bros. Brawl. I tend to gravitate toward speed characters, any character suggestions are welcome for 2k2um, XII & XIII. Hope to make new friends, I'm feeling lucky with this game :P.
You're too slow!!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Runner's the name, speed's my game!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »
welcome to the family bro

and brawl isn't a fighting game *trollface*

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 12:25:04 PM »
Greetings, I came here from hearing about this site on Shoryuken.com. I was first introduced to KOF on a demo disc my bro had on the PS1. Later on during HS, I started messing around with emulators and I remembered how awesome the demo was. So I downloaded all of them and started playing it, instantly got hooked (Although the bosses made me say terrible things out loud :( ).

Then I played XII at Chinatown Fair, I did get some win streaks but I wouldn't call it consistent. It was a bit depressing to see the machine eventually turn into a coat rack for the BlazBlue players and then turned into a SSF4 machine. If I can describe my style of play, I'll just say I tire people out (Got a gift of dodging things alot, guess that's why people get annoyed at fighting me even though I'm not even at a high level). I always used Leona ever since '96, I like her for some reason (Strange because I have a hard time sticking to anyone at all in other games). I do need to learn others though, my biggest weakness that will soon be fixed.

My mission here is to be a better player and eventually be a respected member of a community for once. I came here mostly because of the hype of XIII and this game (along with Virtua Fighter) keeps drawing me in. KOF is the very thing that made me quit Smash Bros. Brawl. I tend to gravitate toward speed characters, any character suggestions are welcome for 2k2um, XII & XIII. Hope to make new friends, I'm feeling lucky with this game :P.

Welcome to DC Runner.  You'll like XIII as it favors speed characters (just like the rest).  Leona's still real good, Kyo, Iori and K' would suit you as well.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 03:33:29 PM »
Welcome to the family! And if you're into speedy characters who annoy other players, I recommend Kensou, especially in XIII.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:20:58 PM »
Welcome to dreamcancel I'm sure you'll feel right at home.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 04:06:13 AM »
Interesting choices. I'll try them out :).
You're too slow!!