Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Arcade Version)  (Read 42275 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2011, 01:19:35 AM »
Uh...idk how you'd go from Drink Pink into Dragon Backbreaker...any ideas on how that would work?

You would have to keep the opponent grounded and drink at the same time, perhaps we gotta dig up his stun combo but I think that requires drinking first haha.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2011, 01:37:37 AM »
Uh okay...well at least we know we can combo into and out of Drink now.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2011, 02:53:41 AM »
Yeah, I'm wondering if the pause is quick enough to insert it after heavy hitstun, like right at the beginning of slides hit, and then while they're still moving back from it, by leaping forward with the C version of Breaker.

Should be really fun to use in HD combos as well. If Hwa can do something like C, slide, (DRINK!) Far D, HD Cancel into another normal -> D Dragon Kick / another slide.... he could be very, very dangerous.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2011, 05:38:36 AM »
Yeah, well I let you innovate on the first days...I'll be busy just learning how to use him...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2011, 09:36:09 PM »
Tell me fellas, is there any better feeling than ticking into Dragon Backbreaker after a blocked Dragon Tail?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »
Hwa is pretty evil, I'll give you that.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
The question is, where is he better?  Point or Anchor?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »
Looking at his changes, most of his really damaging crap is meter dependent. He needs to drink cancel into something big and that's a lot of meter. He can play point because he can build meter like Joe, but he's better as a midguard/anchor.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »
I was afraid you'd say that.  I'm really bad at his hitconfirms.  I better practice his HD combos...or at least some half decent drive combos.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2011, 10:33:16 PM »
I put him on point and the changes he has are good but not as solid for example if u apply presser with cr A 2x into B dragon whip u can eat a shoryuken when u try to get in a dragon whip but the positive is if u keep up the presser in the air u can combo air D into dragon whip in the air so the way i c it u can stay high or low never stand up unless ur doin a combo

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2011, 10:35:45 PM »
Why would you do cr.A 2x into Dragon whip?

cr.B, cr.A, Slide xx B Dragon Whip is a true blockstring to which you WON'T get DP'd out of. 

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2011, 10:43:45 PM »

cr.B, cr.A, Slide xx B Dragon Whip is a true blockstring to which you WON'T get DP'd out of. 

I do have to agree, but lets not backhand vador for his combo choices. If you didn't mean it that way, -I'm- sorry for making it bigger than it was.

Anyway, yea, I don't think I know many people, especially Hwa where cr.A links. The properties for it might not link into a special move or the timing's just really, really strict. You might wanna stick to what Saitsu says if only that you'll do more pressure doing more moves anyway.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
I wasn't trying to backhand, I was legit asking, I'm still new to KOF, I might've been missing something.

I'm trying to assimilate a lot of the game, and I have to do it in a week to be ready for NEC lol.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2011, 12:18:42 AM »

u can get dp outta that cause some people (athena) has inadvisability on hers

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »
But I think it's best to try and help out the wiki.  Let's post our thought on his pokes, his tools, his BnB confirms, his good Drive and HD combos and any general gameplay discussion in order to really fill it out when the mods feel it's time.

And you can't DP out of that string Bigvador because you can't do anything but Block or Guard Cancel Roll/Blowback in a true blockstring.  That's why it's called a true blockstring.