Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Arcade Version)  (Read 41953 times)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: Hwa Jai
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 03:54:52 AM »
I still get confused about his attacks. Mind adding on his movelist which button makes him go forward, do anti-air, etc...?

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Hey guys a question for you. Now that the game has been out a considerable amount of time, has there been any conversations on Joe vs. Hwa Jai over who the better characters is? Or are they different enough that they can't be played the same?

I don't think there has been anybody that has picked him up seriously as a main although I truly feel that of all characters when using hwa jai creativity is key, where as joe is stick to the basics type character, I believe that hwa jai will be a play the person not the character type in competition because everybody will play him drastically different
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:10:52 PM by Kane317 »
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 04:33:55 AM »
I still get confused about his attacks. Mind adding on his movelist which button makes him go forward, do anti-air, etc...?

I added the descriptions of the specials to the front page.  If I am confused about the moves, although I'm fairly certain, I'll correct them later.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
because everybody will play him drastically different
Or perhaps that's exactly the reason why he should be played in competition.

Despite Hwa's seemingly limited moveset on paper, his Dragon Tail and Dragon Kick have radically different properties depending on the button(s) used and where it was used (air or ground), effectively giving him 12 moves from just 2 commands alone. This is what sets him different from Joe who, as said above, is more of a basic character.

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 07:59:33 AM »
I thought I saw videos of him activating his knee super in mid air.

Is this incorrect, or just not stated on the move set?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
I thought I saw videos of him activating his knee super in mid air.

Is this incorrect, or just not stated on the move set?

You might be thinking of his Ex air.DP+K or his finishing move for his Ex DM, I don't know what you saw.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »
I just realized. Why is this stickied?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 01:47:24 AM »
I just realized. Why is this stickied?

Probably some idiotic moderator (*ahem*, me), clicked it on accident :)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2010, 02:33:57 AM »
Does Hwa Jai have better normals than Joe? This question been on my mind everytime i seen him due to the head-swap.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »
Does Hwa Jai have better normals than Joe? This question been on my mind everytime i seen him due to the head-swap.

Haven't played him thoroughly enough to test that.  Actually, haven't played Joe enough to compare.

Another (new?) variation to his corner HD combos.

Monsterous 2 stock HD combo, 999 dmg. EDIT:  It's similar to the one above except it's Ex DM and there's an extra qcf+P juggle.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2011, 03:40:33 AM »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »
i know his dragon kick in the air is one of the best anti air IMO

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »
Hey guys a question for you. Now that the game has been out a considerable amount of time, has there been any conversations on Joe vs. Hwa Jai over who the better characters is? Or are they different enough that they can't be played the same?

I think Joe has a few advantages over Hwa, including spacing and linking some moves. However, after seeing Joe tactics for so many years in different games, by comparison he's predictable. Using and playing against Hwa, I can say with the right creativity and combo variety, he can come out of nowhere to advance in a match. Hwa to me feels like the Adon of XIII; he'll play similar to his Muay Thai counterpart, but different enough to where it's not smart to use the same tactics. And also no one seems to attack in the air better than him.

Drink Pink is also recommended if you feel confident enough to rushdown a character drive cancelling multiple Dragon Kicks.

P.S. Hwa is one of the best for the pre-fight conversations. Talking about himself in the third person makes him seem even more insane and comical.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:53:36 PM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2011, 08:07:41 AM »

I think Joe has a few advantages over Hwa, including spacing and linking some moves. However, after seeing Joe tactics for so many years in different games, by comparison he's predictable. Using and playing against Hwa, I can say with the right creativity and combo variety, he can come out of nowhere to advance in a match. Hwa to me feels like the Adon of XIII; he'll play similar to his Muay Thai counterpart, but different enough to where it's not smart to use the same tactics. And also no one seems to attack in the air better than him.

Drink Pink is also recommended if you feel confident enough to rushdown a character drive cancelling multiple Dragon Kicks.

P.S. Hwa is one of the best for the pre-fight conversations. Talking about himself in the third person makes him seem even more insane and comical.

i think hwa would take him out he has alot of options when it comes to keeping him out of the air (witch i think is important) but is ground game is a lil weak