Author Topic: PSN NeoGeo Station  (Read 32402 times)

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2011, 08:26:04 AM »
I'm guessing the whole point of holding back on the games we want is because once we get those 6 or so that seem to be in everyone's list, then we won't buy anything else. If they started off with 98/02UM, Garou, and the Last Blades, I know after getting those, I wouldn't really care for KOF99. They probably pick up more sales going somewhat chronologically. I'll still buy Real Bout Fatal Fury Special when that drops though. Love that game.

While I know Wikipedia isn't trustworthy, I read on there a few days ago that SNK was planning to Release Buriki One on PSN. Since people do occasionally get the chance to see SNK's higher ups around here, is there any truth to this rumor?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 08:30:55 AM by The Gentleman »

Shishioh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:28 AM »
KOF 95....

I don't know if this game has this, but I really wish there was a easier way to get my match videos on Youtube...

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 01:51:09 AM »
*snip*

While I understand the concept, I still don't understand the delays.  KOF 95 was released already and we still havent seen Fatal Fury 2, Special, or 3 and they were released BEFORE KOF95. Either release the games pretty quickly cronologically (5 every 2 or 3 weeks would suffice to give a decent amount of games while slowing down the titles enough to tease the gamers into buying a title they might not necessarily), or release them slower, but put more of your money maker titles out there when you decide to release. For pete's sake Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown 2, and Art of Fighting 2 would be better then most of the dregs we've been getting of late.   Seriously World Heroes 1 as the best title you got in a release?

Either way you shake it throwing a bunch of B rated titles is not going to get people into buying your games. Why it's months at a time and releasing early titles, then later titles, then titles not even on the neo geo perplexes me.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »
^I definitely agree with you. I don't really get it either.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »

While I know Wikipedia isn't trustworthy, I read on there a few days ago that SNK was planning to Release Buriki One on PSN. Since people do occasionally get the chance to see SNK's higher ups around here, is there any truth to this rumor?

Buriki One, eh? I read quite a bit about that one. Conceptually it looked interesting, similar to Virtua Fighter of course. But gameplay-wise it doesn't look too good. That and the fact that you use the Joystick to do special moves limits what you can do and I don't think there's a move-list out there. I'd play it out of curiosity's sake though. I heard the Samurai Shodown's on the Hyper Neo Geo 64 were pretty good and they looked interesting.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
If it plays anything like Gai did in XI, (a stretch I know) he had 2 basic moves, once one of those hit, then more opened up afterward. Mixing and matching directions opened up a variety of other choices. I liked it so much, he was one of my mains along with K', and Leader Jenet.