Author Topic: PSN NeoGeo Station  (Read 32397 times)

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 06:11:44 PM »
To be fair with the overprice, unlike all those collections games that everybody is mentioning, this games will had online compatibility

Even though online cmpatibility and SNK are like mixing cat with dogs :D

Btw shiranaui_ninja, there's an SNK section in this board, you better search a little before posting ; )

This forum could separate threads and move them to other sections? to keep this thread on track

And mussolini, relax bro, if you don't like those games, don't buy them, you sound like SNKP raped you, the games will come out with time, and honestly, I don't care for arranged music, as long as the online is fine, good for me

SNK took his online cherry with KOF XII.  It scarred him so badly that he no longer has faith in Eikichi of SNKP

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 06:15:42 PM »
Btw shiranaui_ninja, there's an SNK section in this board, you better search a little before posting ; )

Yes, you are totally right. I should posted this on there. My apologies. But don't worry, I'm sure moderators will do their job to keep the thread clean.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:35:05 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »
NGBC online is awesome, so there's still a chance to had good online, but again, 2002um : 8

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: PSN NeoGeo Station
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 07:15:07 PM »
I guess is a place to start, but for some reason i see a long way until we see the games people want (KOF 98 UM , KOF 02UM , NGBC to name some)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »
SNK has charged $9 for straight ports of NeoGeo titles on the Wii shopping channel with no online or any other enhancements. I'll cherry pick a few titles and pray for good online. If the online is good and we get 98 and 02 in a timely manner, I won't miss ArcLive at all.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:18:42 PM by nilcam »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 07:47:32 PM »
I think this is a good start, hopefully PSN and SNK will have a good loving relationship and will eventually port more games in the future. I'm all for it.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 09:00:20 AM »
You know what, this is awesome either way. It's more recognition of SNK as a game maker. Even if it is a slow start on a new network, I love how they're starting from the beginning. Titles people haven't seen in years (AOF1, '94, SS1) are available; I know it might shock people when they realize some of these games were around the same time SFII was. And SNK working on both XBL and now PSN means they'll gain more experience for XIII, which everyone should be all for. Plus, as much as I love the SNK fighters, it's good to see some variety in their line-up. Sooner these games get outside of Nihon, along with the most recent PS/2 titles, the better.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:18:53 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »
dont care if fatal fury has online or not im buying haven't played the game since i was 4 gonna buy art of fighting too since ive never played one before

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »
Even though I don't own a PS3. If it does well enough I'm sure they will release more games.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »
This is awesome, metal slug for ps3 hurrah!

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 01:49:05 AM »

This NeoGeo Station is a great new for PS3 users who like SNK games. Not because of these old titles they are going to release at the beginning, but because for 1st time, PS3 users have finally the chance to play KOFs, FFs, AoFs online (like xbox users with XBLA). I'm sure more titles will come.
Anyway, I agree with Rex about prices. they are crazy and I think they should sell all these titles in one or two packs.

This.  Plus some old schoolers will not touch the newer titles so its not just everyone hates these games and wants the newer ones, there are those that love the old classics and those that love the classics plus the new and soon to be released titles...

No sane reason to go batshit crazy over this news, you have tons of other games/fighters on other systems to play..

But its good to see some reasonable responses here on DC compared to other forums.

This is a good way to celebrate the Neo-Geo's 20th birthday.

But i'll have to agree, they should have released as bundles.

I wanted to get a PS3 for God of War 3 and the chance to play AOF/FF/SS against new players seals the deal for me.

PS: Thanks for the facebook link
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:51:12 AM by Violent Ryo »

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 12:11:35 PM »
there are those that love the old classics

True

all these games suck ass

Not True, I like Alpha Mission II. And stop acting like such a tough guy

also the arranged sountracks are a must imo

Fuck-ing TRUE! if there's anything SNK is superior at it's music, just listen to that new Neo Geo Tune! That music should be played everytime somebody google "awesome"

I think they should sell all these titles in one or two packs.

I'd really rather have the convenience of picking a few select titles for more rather than getting them in packs, plus SNK can't have statistics on which games people actually picks up that way.
Dude, Relax!

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 02:38:40 PM »
Even though I love them, I've played those games to death.

The SNK game that I want to play is this: YouTube - ドキドキ赤ずきん

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 11:35:40 PM »
damn, the shit sunk in and im cool again. anyway this way ill only be buying the better games that i like. if it was for a collection youd at least be able to watch and plays games you didnt like but that are still in the collection.

sinc theyll be releasing newer games in the future heres my list of buys when they appear:

ms1, msx, ms3, ss2, motw, rb2, rbs, rb, ffs, ff3, lb1, lb2, kof95, kof 97, kof 98, kof 02, kof11, pulstar, blazing star, strikers 1945+, kizuna encounter.

thats over 200$ worth of games that we could hav had in collections for way cheaper. the ones ill be getting 100% no matter what are rb2, kof98, lb1 & 2 and the shooters (pul, blz & str+).

lol @ acting like a tough guy for not being willing to buy crappy games, funny guy.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »
I would rather then use trial and error on the lesser quality games than screw up on RB2. Let them hear feedback and see results for KoF 94 and see how they handle it. That way, they can fix the problem with later releases. At least, the chances of doing so increase.